Middlesbrough away - 24/9

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Boro away, tough game. Well organised and have some good players.

Kane is out. Dembele and Dier are fit, says Poch. Waiting to hear on Rose. Players are getting into full fitness now so we can rotate which is massive.

---------------Lloris----------------
Waller----Toby--Jan-----Davies
---------Dier---Dembele---------
-------Eriksen--Alli--Son---
--------------Janssen------

Between Lamela and Eriksen for the start, both looked brilliant vs Gillingham. Son is playing to well to drop and Alli is beginning to hit form.

This is going to be a great headache for Pochettino.

Back five picks itself, though I do remember Pochettino saying that Rose could be back for this one, think it may be a bit of a stretch but we've got games coming thick and fast with the CSKA Moscow game coming up 3 days later. Wonder if we'll go again with the Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen back four again with Davies or Rose coming on against CSKA Moscow? Allowing us to then start Dembele/Wanyama in central midfield again?

Almost certain that one of Eriksen/Lamela will be back ahead of Sissoko most likely, Eriksen is coming off the back of two goals today and captaining the side whilst Lamela is coming off the back of three assists and a goal. Son really can't be dropped after the past two performances and netting two goals and getting an assist in those last two games. Janssen, being our only fit striker, will get the nod up front.

I'd personally go with:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Alli- Son
Janssen​

Becoming more difficult to pick a starting XI which is what we needed I think. Providing fit, I'd go for this:

Lloris
Walker TA JV Davies
Dembele Dier
Lamela Eriksen Son
Janssen

Vorm, Wimmer, Wanyama, Sissoko, Alli, Onomah, Winks

I think the starting XI that MP puts out will be with one eye on the trip to Moscow a few days later. This is what I think he'll go with:

Loris
Walker
Toby A
Verts
Davies
Wanyama
Dembele
Sissoko
Dele
Son
Janssen

Bench: Vorm, Trip, CCV, Dier, Lamela, Eriksen, N'Koudou

Hoping for a better first half than in the games so far. In the five games played in the league Tottenham have 1-2 in goal difference in the first halves and 7-0 in the second halves.

So better start and keep up the good work in the second.

--------------------Lloris------------------
Walker----Toby--------Jan----Davies
-------------Dembele---Dier------------
Lamela----------Eriksen----------Son
-------------------Janssen---------------

1-2 Janssen and Alli. Alli to come on late and bag a winner after a nervy afternoon.

Boro away, tough game. Well organised and have some good players.

Kane is out. Dembele and Dier are fit, says Poch. Waiting to hear on Rose. Players are getting into full fitness now so we can rotate which is massive.

---------------Lloris----------------
Waller----Toby--Jan-----Davies
---------Dier---Dembele---------
-------Eriksen--Alli--Son---
--------------Janssen------

Between Lamela and Eriksen for the start, both looked brilliant vs Gillingham. Son is playing to well to drop and Alli is beginning to hit form.

When they used to be in the prem, this was a fixture we always struggled with. With Citeh coming up we need to get the points on the board this weekend. Gut feeling though, a draw

Sonny has to start

Csp0o9FXgAA-wWo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom