Middlesbrough away - 24/9

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, we've got 14/18 points and sit 2nd in the league, but I still think we're a bit sloppy in places and aren't hitting the high notes yet.

That's kinda scarily efficient if you think about it.

Janssen hasn't scored in the league yet, Sissoko and N'Koudou need bedding in, and Alli isn't quite on song yet - but here were are with our best start to a season for 50 years.

Fuck Liverpool. I think they came out the gates quickly this year, but doubt they'll improve on it. Beating up a self-destructive Hull isn't my idea of greatness.

Massive massive game next week, though I fear we'd need to be on our best game to beat them (which I'm doubtful of just yet). Would take a draw now and keep the unbeaten run going.

Will definitely have another look at this game. It was 'just' Middlesbrough, but they sat deep like most of the smaller teams do against us and we still looked dangerous almost every time we attacked their box. Might try and write an article later about this game - also try to find the reason why we lost our shape in the second half.

Also worth mentioning apart from Sonny are Janssen and Wanyama. Janssen passing under pressure is much better Kane is. I think he will never be a striker known for scoring goals, but more for bringing others into play like he combined today with Son. First goal he held a defender down and for the second, even though it was more down to Sonny's great strike, he has drawn both centerbacks to him.

Wanyama was great in the middle of the park today. Replaced Dembele and Dier very well. Didn't get much help from Alli who seemed lost on the pitch.

Was Benny Hill ever that racist?

I'll have to be honest buddy, considering in the decade you chose , full of top, top quality racists as Manning, Davison & Boardman , I am a little disappointed.

I hope this will motivate you for next time to really push the envelope

Stay strong buddy

:dierpochhug:

Was Boardman racist? He used to stereotype Nazi Germans but racist?

I'm only saying this because I diddled his daughter.

Don't agree. We always played after Leicester in the last 7 or so games and each time they won and all the pressure was on us but we did our jobs. One disappointing result vs WBA and this put all on the Chelsea game and 2-0 we lost our heads. Being in that two horse race did not make us crumble. After the Chelsea game we definitely crumbled though

Really impressed with the way they dug in today. I got to watch via a stream, so keep that in mind that on TV you never see the whole game in the same way. But when we were rocking they found a clear collective head and dug in and got back on the front foot, plenty of Spurs teams in the past have rolled in that position.

Especially impressed by all 3 subs. Lamela is just class, but Winks and George ( sorry surname spelling is beyond me ) both contributed well and kept us moving the ball forward. Massive well done to all today.

Agree. Could have been out of sight both of the last two league games but with a goal in it we kept firm and saw it out. This kind of game management missing last year. Could have done with that in the West brom game last season.....

Fantastic win.

And check out the Spurs fan to the left of Verts (and next to that aquamarine disaster) completely blowing his cover among the Middlesbrough home section....

w3SD62V.gif

:levylol:

I must say that I'm pretty impressed with the sang froid of our tribe.

Best start for over 50 years, the best player in Europe according to the stats (if that's your bag), still no genuine open play goal conceded.

My favourite reason to be cheerful, in light of next week's jolly is simply this:

We have yet to fail to score this season. Therefore, to beat us you probably have to score twice to do so.

In the PL it hasn't happened yet this season, which makes it 7/44 PL matches, or fewer than 1 in 6 matches in which we've conceded more than 1 goal. We've scored two or more in 22 of those 44 matches. 1 in 2.
We failed to score in 6 of these games, 1 in 7. We kept 16 clean sheets, better than 1 in 3.

We seem to be improving, which is hugely encouraging. I fully expect us to be unbeaten after 7 matches played.

Happy fecking days.

Son's second goal was ridiculous - what a strike but what the Middlesborough players were doing is beyond me.

I thought Janssen and Wanyama had good games, Janssen's assist was excellent. Just need Sissoko to get up to speed and I liked what I saw of N'Koudou - just need to get up to speed bedded in and the depth the four guys provide will certainly help us with depth this year.

Imagine if Dier, Dembele and Kane were injured last year - we'd have had Mason and Carroll in midfield with an off colour Son or Chadli up front and probably lost :llorishuh::pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom