Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Things like that would normally give you hope that there is some grand plan that will make us all happy wouldn't it?

Then I remember 2 years ago, and I can quite readily believe that Dan Levy hasn't ever even spoken to JN or his people, and is just waiting until the end of the season hoping that when he picks up the phone JN is willing to come here, he'll tell us to fuck off the moment Levy explains that we have a great squad of players and that the expectation is to get Top 4 with them and we will have to sell in order to buy, then we'll end up with this years model of Nuno (Bruno Lage to make us proud???)
Yes. It's all reactionary. It'll be whatever bloke is available in June.

He waited and waited and waited to get a call from the club and they never contacted him. The man even posted that he's free and available in London (or coming back from Tokyo to London) every time we lost a game. He did everything in his power to be contacted by Spurs, and our board just ignored him. He has all the right in the World to accept the Chelsea offer now.
That's hardly the noblest of acts is it???

:contearms:

He did also manage to somehow not win a one team league with PSG.

:pochcry:
Oh BC...this might be a hell of a situation for you if/when he gets this Chelsea job. I, for one, look forward to your weekly bile effluvia in the hope that his spell doesn't recast your previous into a new light.

This isn't the PSG situation, is it? Nope, this has the makings of being far more functional and to the great man's liking. I'd imagine for you this feels like your team facing a team coached by Poch with Kyle Walker & Moussa Sissoko, in a final...you just know one of them is gonna score a banger to break your heart.

It has been reported that Nagelsmann (his camp) specifically reached out to Spurs.

The social stuff to be honest is just BS, with fans and media alike jumping through hoops to make sense of a cryptic message.

I do appreciate there are very different routes for contact between Poch and Spurs, he remains in contact with Levy, they literally live a 10 min walk from each other (when not in their foreign villas). If you recall Poch's 50th birthday party his house was rammed with current Spurs personnel from his brother-in-law to the PR dept to the grounds staff, so there is very close contact between them that already exists.

The notion that because we haven't made contact with him shows there is no plan is totally bogus. I don't know what our plan is, I do know that we plan 100% not to appoint Poch as our manager. This decision has already been made.

If the plan is short of getting a Naglesmann/Rangnick double act there is going to be zero patience with Levy with Poch going to Chavs. They have had more than enough time to implement an identity and clear football strategy at this club.

Genuinely this could be the beginning of the end for Levy. Imagine this time next year Poch has Chelsea challenging for trophies while we're still in this rut. Maybe Levy was banking on Real Madrid being Poch's destination in which case no one would really mind that we didn't go for him now. But I can't imagine most people in the club agree with him just letting Poch walk to Chelsea.

Genuinely this could be the beginning of the end for Levy. Imagine this time next year Poch has Chelsea challenging for trophies while we're still in this rut. Maybe Levy was banking on Real Madrid being Poch's destination in which case no one would really mind that we didn't go for him now. But I can't imagine most people in the club agree with him just letting Poch walk to Chelsea.

More likely Kane winning the title with Man United than Chelsea winning the league.

Oh BC...this might be a hell of a situation for you if/when he gets this Chelsea job. I, for one, look forward to your weekly bile effluvia in the hope that his spell doesn't recast your previous into a new light.

This isn't the PSG situation, is it? Nope, this has the makings of being far more functional and to the great man's liking. I'd imagine for you this feels like your team facing a team coached by Poch with Kyle Walker & Moussa Sissoko, in a final...you just know one of them is gonna score a banger to break your heart.

If they let Poch onto to recruitment committee that may be a self full fulfilling prophecy T.

It really doesn’t have me lathered up. Chelsea have been better than us for over a decade (well, except the year we came second to them) so if that carries on ….pffftt.

Good luck to him. I certainly don’t begrudge him taking the job.

If the plan is short of getting a Naglesmann/Rangnick double act there is going to be zero patience with Levy with Poch going to Chavs. They have had more than enough time to implement an identity and clear football strategy at this club.
Whatever the plan is (I genuinely have no clue what it is, as there's literally nothing to indicate one - well I actually understood the logic to keep Stellini after Conte sacked himself - I didn't know if it would work or not but I absolutely saw the reasoning behind it) it doesn't involve Poch.

I am flabbergasted behind Spurs fans crying into their hands for not going after Poch and I'm one of his biggest fans, but if you are searching for a semblance of planning then not going for Poch is a plan.

PSG was the worst possible job for Poch .. imo that Chelsea squad has plenty he can work with, especially if James/Chilwell can stay fit for extended periods.

(Big if that tbh.)

It has been reported that Nagelsmann (his camp) specifically reached out to Spurs.

The social stuff to be honest is just BS, with fans and media alike jumping through hoops to make sense of a cryptic message.

I do appreciate there are very different routes for contact between Poch and Spurs, he remains in contact with Levy, they literally live a 10 min walk from each other (when not in their foreign villas). If you recall Poch's 50th birthday party his house was rammed with current Spurs personnel from his brother-in-law to the PR dept to the grounds staff, so there is very close contact between them that already exists.

The notion that because we haven't made contact with him shows there is no plan is totally bogus. I don't know what our plan is, I do know that we plan 100% not to appoint Poch as our manager. This decision has already been made.
This is my guess:

Levy wants to bring Poch back after we have gone through the hard parts of a rebuild. So he can slot Poch in when we are ready to challenge at the top again.

That way Poch can just come back and do the fun part, and Levy doesn't have to have it look like he brought Poch back to "clean up his mess". But that's just me guessing.

Whatever the plan is (I genuinely have no clue what it is, as there's literally nothing to indicate one - well I actually understood the logic to keep Stellini after Conte sacked himself - I didn't know if it would work or not but I absolutely saw the reasoning behind it) it doesn't involve Poch.

I am flabbergasted behind Spurs fans crying into their hands for not going after Poch and I'm one of his biggest fans, but if you are searching for a semblance of planning then not going for Poch is a plan.

I feel like you’re probably not actually flabbergasted by Spurs fans being upset we didn’t go back in for our most successful coach of the modern era & instead allowing him to go to a massive rival.

I am flabbergasted you thought keeping Stellini on was a good idea though.

Alasdair Gold says in his latest video Poch rejected Woolwich after they fired Emery. Given Guillem Balague is basically Poch's mouthpiece in the media and he said last night he rejected Chelsea after they fired Tuchel it's such a shame it's come to this. He can't stay unemployed waiting for us to appoint a new manager and to fire that manager in two years. Maybe had Real Madrid exited the Champions League that possibility would still be on.

Alasdair Gold says in his latest video Poch rejected Woolwich after they fired Emery. Given Guillem Balague is basically Poch's mouthpiece in the media and he said last night he rejected Chelsea after they fired Tuchel it's such a shame it's come to this. He can't stay unemployed waiting for us to appoint a new manager and to fire that manager in two years. Maybe had Real Madrid exited the Champions League that possibility would still be on.

He could have probably gone to one of the itallian clubs in the summer, likely a few positions open there inc Juve. I seem to recall him saying he'd like to manage in Serie A

This is my guess:

Levy wants to bring Poch back after we have gone through the hard parts of a rebuild. So he can slot Poch in when we are ready to challenge at the top again.

That way Poch can just come back and do the fun part, and Levy doesn't have to have it look like he brought Poch back to "clean up his mess". But that's just me guessing.
This implies a plan. There isn't one. The old plan was to throw £15m a season at Conte and get Paratici to do deals for players that Conte wanted. This completely failed as we all knew it would, so the whole thing is back to square 1.

The reason Poch hasn't been approached will be because Levy is stubborn and won't admit past mistakes, and/or someone on the Board doesn't like him.

I work with some Chelsea fans , I need Poch to fail
This is my guess:

Daniel , he is all warmth and empathy these days

I feel like you’re probably not actually flabbergasted by Spurs fans being upset we didn’t go back in for our most successful coach of the modern era & instead allowing him to go to a massive rival.

I am flabbergasted you thought keeping Stellini on was a good idea though.
I love Poch, always have and my posts ever since he came here attest to this. If we rehired him I would be over the moon.

If only we could have gotten our act together quicker we could have hired fat Frank too!! The reason to hire Poch shouldn't be to stop Chavs from signing him!!! That is just about one of the worst plans I've ever heard, thank fuck you are nowhere near making any decisions about football! Fucking hell!

So if you want to slit your wrists or cry or whatever self pitty you are into then go ahead, I'm not here to stop you. I will not be doing that, I'll be too busy giving it to these slags and their new manager, just as I've always done.

I didn't say I thought it was a good idea!!!! I said I understood the reasoning behind it. That being this team has been drilled to play without the ball for 4 fucking years now!! The ONLY training we did under Conte was to repeatedly do drill after drill after drill on his patterns, nothing else, no variation, no deviation from 3-4-3. So after Conte sacked himself I understand the reason to keep everyone else bar Conte and his brother and play the same shit football because this shit football (at the time of Conte's sacking) had only City and Woolwich win more games than us! With so few games to go until the end of the season, why expect that Spurs should become a free-flowing attacking team? How does anyone think you can flick a switch a do this is utterly fanciful stuff. We were a wrongly awarded last min penalty and a last min wonder goal away from picking up 4 extra points and achieving the status quo of playing shit but still collecting the points. This was the plan. I understand why this was the plan.

The game at the weekend only underlines that we are fucked at attempting to shift away from a totally new formation, we improved after we went back to 3ATB, still shit but not as shit as playing 4ATB. This is why we chose to stick with playing shit but having the better players that might deliver 3 points whilst playing shit, just as we have all season long.

This is my guess:

Maybe, who really knows but the vibe between both parties is the same, now 100% isn't the time and this has been the case for at least 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom