Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This.

Although there is

And at that moment in time, he was 100% correct. Woowlich were shite, Chavs were winning titles. Poch shitted this Club in sporting terms onto the things that mattered, his focus was always on the elite stuff, PL and CL.

BUT

He also was savvy enough to also understand the historic rivalry between Woolwich and Tottenham and came out and said he would NEVER work for them because of this, just as he would never work for Barca because he managed Espanyol.

He arrived at a Club fixated about finishing above a club that finishes 4th. He had us focused on finishing higher than that.

Spurs fans right now:
silas-self-flagellation.gif

Yet when I look at Chav Twitter all I see is them screaming at this appointment, they absolutely hate it. This fanbase is so entitled they think he's a "looser" + he's Tottenham. They want nothing to do with it. Seeing as they shat the bed with Potter, most of which was fan pressure wanting him sacked can you imagine what they would do if the results weren't great immediately under Poch. They would want him out immediately, they would turn on him far faster than with Potter. There is no room for Poch at all, no time to mould the team, he has to win immediately.

BTW this guy is a cunt, his football takes are utterly useless, just listen to this garbage ("the reason Tottenham won nothing is BECAUSE of Poch") he's fucking clueless. BUT the reason why I post this is not for his takes, but to show you the environment he goes to.

Why don't we rejoice in this? No. Us Spurs fans are too fucking busy whipping themselves.

I cant watch that prick. He's all that's wrong with fans who think their voices are important on youtube.

I cant watch that prick. He's all that's wrong with fans who think their voices are important on youtube.
Same here, the ONLY reason I did is because this video if his was namechecked as one of the worst football takes by someone whose opinions I like, so I kind of felt compelled to search for it. I'm kinda glad I did because it's the reason why Poch will find it so hard to achieve anything there.

The only downside is usually whatever this cunt says the exact opposite happens, and we all know just how good Poch is. So, I pray that Poch has the same start there as he did when he arrived at Spurs, their own fanbase will have him out of the door if he were to repeat that (although some Spurs fans didn't like what they saw under him in the early days, thankfully many could see what he was trying to do, during those early months as there were very clear green shoots emerging even if the results were chequered).

Yeah already had 3 Chelsea fans tell me this morning he’s still spurs and their club don’t have a clue what they are doing.

Wonder how long his contract is going to be too after Potter debacle.
I give him less than 2 seasons. That clubs as fucked as we are.
That's because deep down Poch himself knows that he's still Spurs. I'm not mad at Poch taking the Chelsea job (I'm extremely sad about it). I'm mad at the fucking egotistical, maniacal, useless idiots upstairs at our Club who didn't even bother to contact him.

I'm well gutted with his disloyalty. All we need now is for Poch to coerce Kane to do the same
He waited and waited and waited to get a call from the club and they never contacted him. The man even posted that he's free and available in London (or coming back from Tokyo to London) every time we lost a game. He did everything in his power to be contacted by Spurs, and our board just ignored him. He has all the right in the World to accept the Chelsea offer now.

Look at Man Utd last season and compare them to now with a proper manager. One cup in the bag, another final to look forward to, and most likely a top four finish. Is that a great job? No because they aren't close to winning the league however it's a marked improvement on last season.

Poch will be that guy for Chelsea. He's going to have the added benefit of only having one game a week.

And then what?
You stop watching football? You support Chelsea? You concentrate on non-league football or Leyton Orient?
I don’t get it. We all know that professional footballers and managers are hired by multiple teams in, what is a very short, career. Yeah, there are are (mostly third world Twitter) fans who follow and are loyal to a single player (or manager) but I honestly didn’t expect Poch to Chelsea to be the last straw for anyone.
I'm now fully onboard the Poch to Chelsea train so that we can weed out all of these pathetic fuckers who love Poch more than Spurs tbh...

I fucking hate Spurs right now but I'll be fucked if I ever quit on them because some guy went and got a job somewhere I didn't like!

That's because deep down Poch himself knows that he's still Spurs. I'm not mad at Poch taking the Chelsea job (I'm extremely sad about it). I'm mad at the fucking egotistical, maniacal, useless idiots upstairs at our Club who didn't even bother to contact him.
And he hasn't even bothered to contact us though, even though he's been out of work for a year.

It's clearly mutual between him and us. I think enough has been said between both parties that show there is a willingness to work together again, but now when push comes to shove it's clear both parties don't think it will suit either.

Maybe his master plan is to take them down to League Two.

Same here, the ONLY reason I did is because this video if his was namechecked as one of the worst football takes by someone whose opinions I like, so I kind of felt compelled to search for it. I'm kinda glad I did because it's the reason why Poch will find it so hard to achieve anything there.

The only downside is usually whatever this cunt says the exact opposite happens, and we all know just how good Poch is. So, I pray that Poch has the same start there as he did when he arrived at Spurs, their own fanbase will have him out of the door if he were to repeat that (although some Spurs fans didn't like what they saw under him in the early days, thankfully many could see what he was trying to do, during those early months as there were very clear green shoots emerging even if the results were chequered).

Was he that twat who went on a rant about how it was disrespectful to the other premier league strikers for people to have Haaland as favourite for top scorer?

And he hasn't even bothered to contact us though, even though he's been out of work for a year.

It's clearly mutual between him and us. I think enough has been said between both parties that show there is a willingness to work together again, but now when push comes to shove it's clear both parties don't think it will suit either.
Yeah. Poch posting teasing social media content is just to keep his name out there.

There has been no reports about Poch actively reaching out to the club about coming back.

He knows that unlike when he was desperate to leave PSG, he has way more options to pick from this time around.

I'm now fully onboard the Poch to Chelsea train so that we can weed out all of these pathetic fuckers who love Poch more than Spurs tbh...

I fucking hate Spurs right now but I'll be fucked if I ever quit on them because some guy went and got a job somewhere I didn't like!
I love my wife and I also love Scarlet Johannssen. You misunderstand - It's not an 'either/or' thing. I love them both equally.

I love my wife and I also love Scarlet Johannssen. You misunderstand - It's not an 'either/or' thing. I love them both equally.
Are you claiming that you can no longer follow football if Poch goes there though?

Nobody is bigger than the club, to give up on football because Poch goes to Chelsea is pathetic and for me calls into question whether such an individual was ever actually really a Spurs fan.

Sounds more like the attitude of a "day tripper" to me, I mean, I fucking hate Spurs, they make me miserable week after fucking week, the torturous football of recent years has even sapped the enjoyment from matches that we've won, signing "exciting" new players has become an agonising process of edging but with only a 50/50 chance of getting a happy ending, in fact, it's become such a miserable experience that I've been ground down to such apathy that the 6-1 didn't even make me flinch.

But you know what? I can't just switch off, I wish I could I really do. So for me, anyone that can't go on if (seemingly more like when) Poch goes there, is a case of good riddance.

On another note, the very fact of him going there should tell all of these people that he clearly doesn't love you all nearly as much as your love him. He doesn't need to go there, we're not talking about a bloke desperately in search of a wage in order to put food on the table, he could wait for a different job, he could just sit back and enjoy the rest of his life as a millionaire quite comfortably.

The simping for him amongst out fanbase has been sickening enough since his departure, but not being able to go on? That is beyond pathetic.

I'm sure some will view this as Poch hate, believe me it's nothing of the sort, I enjoyed his time here, I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, and I'd have been happy to see him back due to the absolute catastrophe that Levy has overseen since his departure.

Him going to Chelsea does nothing to me beyond confirming that we were just a job to him, and giving me hope that a good chunk of our fanbase might finally get over the fucking daddy issues that they clearly have.

Yeah. Poch posting teasing social media content is just to keep his name out there.

There has been no reports about Poch actively reaching out to the club about coming back.

He knows that unlike when he was desperate to leave PSG, he has way more options to pick from this time around.
It has been reported that Nagelsmann (his camp) specifically reached out to Spurs.

The social stuff to be honest is just BS, with fans and media alike jumping through hoops to make sense of a cryptic message.

I do appreciate there are very different routes for contact between Poch and Spurs, he remains in contact with Levy, they literally live a 10 min walk from each other (when not in their foreign villas). If you recall Poch's 50th birthday party his house was rammed with current Spurs personnel from his brother-in-law to the PR dept to the grounds staff, so there is very close contact between them that already exists.

The notion that because we haven't made contact with him shows there is no plan is totally bogus. I don't know what our plan is, I do know that we plan 100% not to appoint Poch as our manager. This decision has already been made.

If Levy hires Brendan Rodgers while Poch was right there on the golf course in Enfield...
Things like that would normally give you hope that there is some grand plan that will make us all happy wouldn't it?

Then I remember 2 years ago, and I can quite readily believe that Dan Levy hasn't ever even spoken to JN or his people, and is just waiting until the end of the season hoping that when he picks up the phone JN is willing to come here, he'll tell us to fuck off the moment Levy explains that we have a great squad of players and that the expectation is to get Top 4 with them and we will have to sell in order to buy, then we'll end up with this years model of Nuno (Bruno Lage to make us proud???)

Back
Top Bottom