Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We'll still have people saying that he didn't want the Spurs job... Guy did everything in his power to get the job.

Can you all stop cunting fucking whinging. Please.

If we haven't gone in for him, we can't just expect him to wait for us forever.

Stop being bitches and get over it. Let's just worry about us.

Christ alive.
Please, anything but make me think about Spurs…

Sad Ice Cream GIF

I love Poch, always have and my posts ever since he came here attest to this. If we rehired him I would be over the moon.

If only we could have gotten our act together quicker we could have hired fat Frank too!! The reason to hire Poch shouldn't be to stop Chavs from signing him!!! That is just about one of the worst plans I've ever heard, thank fuck you are nowhere near making any decisions about football! Fucking hell!

So if you want to slit your wrists or cry or whatever self pitty you are into then go ahead, I'm not here to stop you. I will not be doing that, I'll be too busy giving it to these slags and their new manager, just as I've always done.

I didn't say I thought it was a good idea!!!! I said I understood the reasoning behind it. That being this team has been drilled to play without the ball for 4 fucking years now!! The ONLY training we did under Conte was to repeatedly do drill after drill after drill on his patterns, nothing else, no variation, no deviation from 3-4-3. So after Conte sacked himself I understand the reason to keep everyone else bar Conte and his brother and play the same shit football because this shit football (at the time of Conte's sacking) had only City and Woolwich win more games than us! With so few games to go until the end of the season, why expect that Spurs should become a free-flowing attacking team? How does anyone think you can flick a switch a do this is utterly fanciful stuff. We were a wrongly awarded last min penalty and a last min wonder goal away from picking up 4 extra points and achieving the status quo of playing shit but still collecting the points. This was the plan. I understand why this was the plan.

The game at the weekend only underlines that we are fucked at attempting to shift away from a totally new formation, we improved after we went back to 3ATB, still shit but not as shit as playing 4ATB. This is why we chose to stick with playing shit but having the better players that might deliver 3 points whilst playing shit, just as we have all season long.

Erm, I never said I'd hire Poch because he was close to Chelsea. I said that the fans are understandably upset that we're managerless and our highly successful ex-coach has gone to a rival. It hurts. Why would you feign surprise at said hurt? And thank fuck you're not given how much crap you spouted about how we were fine under Conte mid-season when I was telling you that the results would catch up with us .. shock horror, they did.

By keeping Stellini we took away all potential of a new manager bounce (It was basically like keeping Conte, without his passion or charisma) and maintained a status quo the fans were sick of. It ensured maintaining a toxic atmosphere. We never needed to suddenly go attacking, but when the manager dunks on the board its fucking embarrassing when we still employ his whole team while he fucks off with a big cheque. Bet Conte's absolutely pissing himself on a beach somewhere at everything that has happened.

And yeah yeah .. woe is us, wrongly awarded, wonder goals, blah blah blah. We were utter shit in both games and got what we deserved.

Another coach could have maintained 5atb without feeling like the exact same thing. What that game also underlined is that this team no longer wants to press & the spirit in the dressing room is gone. Never seen so many unarsed expressions. This squad of cowards is going through the motions till the end of the season, they don't give a fuck. And who can blame them with all the incompetent decisions being made? If my bosses were this terrible I'd probably not care about my job either.

Give me a break. Should he have gotten down on his knees as well and given Daniel a quick blowie?
No.

But he could have called and said "Hey, I saw that you have a vacancy. Could I get a interview?".

Like you do if you want a job.

There's been zero reporting about Poch reaching out to the club about the manager role. Just about how players would like him to come back. He has obviously posted all the teases on social media. But that seems right now to just have been to keep himself out in the public eye because he knows that we as fans eat it up.

If Poch really wanted to come back right now he could have called the club and talked to people. But there has been zero reports about actual contact between the club and Poch from either party.

. And who can blame them with all the incompetent decisions being made? If my bosses were this terrible I'd probably not care about my job either.

bingo. Remember under AVB how Verts looked broken. Even quality players will be shit in horrible circumstances, there are rare elite exceptions like Harry Kane but most players even good ones wilt under the shit we are.

Give me a break. Should he have gotten down on his knees as well and given Daniel a quick blowie?

Whereas all the silly school-boyish twitter shit is what exactly?

...........Other than publicly undermining fellow professionals?

Last edited:
bingo. Remember under AVB how Verts looked broken. Even quality players will be shit in horrible circumstances, there are rare elite exceptions like Harry Kane but most players even good ones wilt under the shit we are.

Yeah the atmosphere around the club right now is horrific. The players themselves must be scratching their heads. First we sack Conte (after he rips in to them) but keep on his staff, incl. his assistant who has zero presence/charisma. Then we sack the assistant (after we predictably play Conteball but without any of the rare jolts of passion) and now boom, Ryan Mason is at the helm.

I'd be on the beach if I was one of them tbh. The club doesn't know what its doing.

Erm, I never said I'd hire Poch because he was close to Chelsea. I said that the fans are understandably upset that we're managerless and our highly successful ex-coach has gone to a rival. It hurts. Why would you feign surprise at said hurt? And thank fuck you're not given how much crap you spouted about how we were fine under Conte mid-season when I was telling you that the results would catch up with us .. shock horror, they did.

By keeping Stellini we took away all potential of a new manager bounce (It was basically like keeping Conte, without his passion or charisma) and maintained a status quo the fans were sick of. It ensured maintaining a toxic atmosphere. We never needed to suddenly go attacking, but when the manager dunks on the board its fucking embarrassing when we still employ his whole team while he fucks off with a big cheque. Bet Conte's absolutely pissing himself on a beach somewhere at everything that has happened.

And yeah yeah .. woe is us, wrongly awarded, wonder goals, blah blah blah. We were utter shit in both games and got what we deserved.

Another coach could have maintained 5atb without feeling like the exact same thing. What that game also underlined is that this team no longer wants to press & the spirit in the dressing room is gone. Never seen so many unarsed expressions. This squad of cowards is going through the motions till the end of the season, they don't give a fuck. And who can blame them with all the incompetent decisions being made? If my bosses were this terrible I'd probably not care about my job either.
No - You said and I quote: "Spurs fans being upset we didn’t go back in for our most successful coach of the modern era & instead allowing him to go to a massive rival".

I'm not feigning surprise. I couldn't give two fucks what Chavs do, because I care only what Tottenham do. Why is this not hard to understand? If you want to waste your emotions on what they do go fill your boots.

"New manager bounce" is a fucking myth! I've detailed my reasons why I understood what we did, you are free to disagree with them but to then pick "new manager bounce" as your reasoning is laughable. How is Lampard doing with his new manager bounce at Chavs?

I've said all along that we were SHIT!! The plan was to continue to be SHIT until the end of the season Because being SHIT only Woowlich and City had won more games than us. Brighton have pretty much played better than us in every game since Potter rocked up (there may be the odd game where this isn't the case but I genuinely can't recall one). We've i think played them 10 times during this period but we've beaten them 7 out of the last 10!! This is what having better players does, this is what we've banked on getting us over the line. Play SHIT but somehow get over the line to get the points. We've played shit bar probably two games this season, the plan was to continue to do this. I strongly suggest that Conte would still be here doing this if he didn't deliberately sack himself.

No - You said and I quote: "Spurs fans being upset we didn’t go back in for our most successful coach of the modern era & instead allowing him to go to a massive rival".

I'm not feigning surprise. I couldn't give two fucks what Chavs do, because I care only what Tottenham do. Why is this not hard to understand? If you want to waste your emotions on what they do go fill your boots.

"New manager bounce" is a fucking myth! I've detailed my reasons why I understood what we did, you are free to disagree with them but to then pick "new manager bounce" as your reasoning is laughable. How is Lampard doing with his new manager bounce at Chavs?

I've said all along that we were SHIT!! The plan was to continue to be SHIT until the end of the season Because being SHIT only Woowlich and City had won more games than us. Brighton have pretty much played better than us in every game since Potter rocked up (there may be the odd game where this isn't the case but I genuinely can't recall one). We've i think played them 10 times during this period but we've beaten them 7 out of the last 10!! This is what having better players does, this is what we've banked on getting us over the line. Play SHIT but somehow get over the line to get the points. We've played shit bar probably two games this season, the plan was to continue to do this. I strongly suggest that Conte would still be here doing this if he didn't deliberately sack himself.

They're upset because he's our most successful coach of the modern era, and the fact he's ended up at Chelsea makes it feel worse .. not sure why that sentiment is hard to understand. It doesn't translate to 'we should have gone for Poch purely because he's off to Chelsea'.

History shows clubs will get 'new manager bounce' No it isn't. It doesn't always work out but more often than not, a new coach will give you a bounce. There is statistical truth behind this claim.

Cool .. we still had a whole bunch of losses and were not on course for top 4. Conte didn't sack himself, he spoke out about some of the cowardly, shit players that infest this club, and called out the disgrace that is the club ownership, and that's not allowed. Good for him. Boring coach but at least he's honest.

Conte could see the collapse coming round the corner. It's likely why he had a meltdown in the press, he knew our top 4 hopes were dissappearing and he got ahead of the curve. I doubt it would've been much different at all if he had stayed.

Nope, Conté, who was never going to sign a new contract, sacked himself. It was a measured, premeditated effort at the presser that could only have one result. No one, in any industry, publicly slates both their employers and employees in the way he did and keeps their job. Disingenuous and, ultimately, cowardly.

Nope, Conté, who was never going to sign a new contract, sacked himself. It was a measured, premeditated effort at the presser that could only have one result. No one, in any industry, publicly slates both their employers and employees in the way he did and keeps their job. Disingenuous and, ultimately, cowardly.

He wasn’t wrong though in what he said, arguably wrong to say it, perhaps saving his own rep and distancing himself from our shitshow. The message can be correct even if the messenger has selfish motives.

Alasdair Gold says in his latest video Poch rejected Woolwich after they fired Emery. Given Guillem Balague is basically Poch's mouthpiece in the media and he said last night he rejected Chelsea after they fired Tuchel it's such a shame it's come to this. He can't stay unemployed waiting for us to appoint a new manager and to fire that manager in two years. Maybe had Real Madrid exited the Champions League that possibility would still be on.
Perfect! Thanks for this info as it dispels the building narrative that this is some type of disloyalty or character flaw on Poch's part. As with his last few months here there are those within our midst that would like to push false and misleading narratives. Don't really know for what reason but 5 or so of the biggest culprits are back again...

He was correct in every single word he said. The players have done nothing but prove him right ever since he said it.

(We already knew he was right about the owners. That goes without saying.)

VAR, oil pumped championship clubs, obvious corruption, ridiculous costs. It's not hard to see how one of the most loved Spurs managers joining those cunts might be the final straw.

Exactly, and as I've mentioned previously, not just one of the most loved, but also one who talked a big game about loyalty and therefore not being willing to join the biggest rivals of the clubs closest to his heart.

Back
Top Bottom