Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Largely depends on age? Seriously just how stupid are you? If that were the case then Rashford would command a larger market fee than Kane. Talent is the predominate factor, always has been, always will be. That determines the primary value of a player - to think otherwise demonstrates an extraordinary level of ignorance. Levy has had it wrong all these years - he just needed to sign a group of 20 year olds and we would have been title winners.

As for Juventus well yes they did just like when they spent £75 million on a 28 year Higuain who had little to no commercial value. Just like when they spent a world record fee for a defender in 2001 for Thuram who was 29 or when they paid one of the highest fees at the time for Nedved who was also 29. But hey you just focus on spelling I’ll just continue to bury you in own your stupidity and ignorance.

Don’t be obtuse. Who is worth more - a 25 year old Harry Kane or a 33 year old Harry Kane? All other things being equal, age is a significant factor, and if you can’t see that then you’re thicker than I gave you credit for. Amazing I know.

Shut it, you hive mind drone. Don’t you know that football is all about being in a perpetual state of misery?
He really does think he has an individual take on the club that only he can see.

Textbook delusional narcissism.

They also tend to say things like ''So please do me the courtesy of not wasting my time with this level of drivel again''.

The forum's Patrick Bateman.

He really does think he has an individual take on the club that only he can see.

Textbook delusional narcissism.

They also tend to say things like ''So please do me the courtesy of not wasting my time with this level of drivel again''.

Ghastly pseud. Every post reeks of faux intellectualism. The internet is full of them.

Or they, you know, just agree with one another.

Never criticise Poch, Levy or the star players, we are overachieving as our turnover is less, we Will silverware. Repeat, repeat repeat.

Just how long will it take for the penny drop that something is amiss when a club continues to build hugely talented sides and yet has gone over a decade without winning anything. Nah nothing to see right? We have Poch - he is magic didn’t you know?

Largely depends on age? Seriously just how stupid are you? If that were the case then Rashford would command a larger market fee than Kane. Talent is the predominate factor, always has been, always will be. That determines the primary value of a player - to think otherwise demonstrates an extraordinary level of ignorance. Levy has had it wrong all these years - he just needed to sign a group of 20 year olds and we would have been title winners.

As for Juventus well yes they did just like when they spent £75 million on a 28 year Higuain who had little to no commercial value. Just like when they spent a world record fee for a defender in 2001 for Thuram who was 29 or when they paid one of the highest fees at the time for Nedved who was also 29. But hey you just focus on spelling I’ll just continue to bury you in own your stupidity and ignorance.
Possibly the most muddled gibberish posted on here in some time. That’s impressive. Well done mate. Beautifully ironic that last bit.

Never criticise Poch, Levy or the star players, we are overachieving as our turnover is less, we Will silverware. Repeat, repeat repeat.

Just how long will it take for the penny drop that something is amiss when a club continues to build hugely talented sides and yet has gone over a decade without winning anything. Nah nothing to see right? We have Poch - he is magic didn’t you know?
When has the club's PR said never to criticise Poch or Levy or the star players?

The job of the club's PR is to be positive. Most fans choose to be positive. Just because those things align doesn't mean people are being influenced.

You're so desperate to be this contrarian lone wolf that you think you're something special.

The kind of guy that will say Shawshank Redemption is shit just because everyone thinks it's great.

Probably hate Michael Jackson's music as well. But laud a guy playing pots and pans on a unicycle in a room underneath a Hoxton pub.

Oh god yet another one of ‘these’ posts from another mindless drone devoid of any personality or individual thought whose viewpoint is shaped by what the clubs PR tells him.

Point to me where I bitch and moan about the club - I dare you. You don’t even know what the club is, it isn’t the board or the manager or players .They will alll come and go and all will readily trade up the moment something better comes along. The club is the name, the traditions, the heritage - the supporters are the custodians of that and the employees of the club are accountable to us not the other way around. When will this get through your think skulls so please spare me with your juvenile definition of support

And newsflash - this is a forum, it’s a mechanism for debate and outlet for a variety of opinions. How can you be that stupid to fail to realise this? If you don’t like a particular viewpoint don’t engage with it. I for one will take the contrarians on here over this little cabal of boring drones with their tedious groupthink any day of week. So please do me the courtesy of not wasting my time with this level of drivel again.
“It’s a forum” is not a caveat for being a stupid cunt.

Plenty of people provide occasional constructive criticism (or even knee jerk emotional comments) on Pochettino, Levy, or any number of our players. That’s a bit different to constantly criticising Pochettino and Levy and our players. Most posters on here will find positives and negatives that don’t chime with one another, but when there’s a tendency to find doom and gloom in everything about the club it soon gets a bit tiresome.

As for success, yes we’ve had some hugely talented sides, and yes I’m disappointed with our lack of trophies over the last decade. But we’ve also been up against several other very talented sides (almost all of which simply have bigger pockets than us). Since last winning a trophy we’ve been in two League Cup finals (losing one on penalties), and four FA Cup semi-finals, as well as finishing runners-up in the league (though I don’t think we’ve ever been in a realistic position to genuinely compete for it). No trophies, but hardly a sign of a club not looking to win something.

What would you have us do differently?

When has the club's PR said never to criticise Poch or Levy or the star players?

The job of the club's PR is to be positive. Most fans choose to be positive. Just because those things align doesn't mean people are being influenced.

You're so desperate to be this contrarian lone wolf that you think you're something special.

The kind of guy that will say Shawshank Redemption is shit just because everyone thinks it's great.

Probably hate Michael Jackson's music as well. But laud a guy playing pots and pans on a unicycle in a room underneath a Hoxton pub.

I’m not to be desperate to be anything - I simply don’t create false realities and live in those comfort narratives.

The reality of the situation is that the club has gone over a decade without silverware - it’s managed to achieve this despite building 2 of its best sides in that time. It’s has achieved that feat whilst vastly inferior Woolwich and United sides have won 4 FA cups, 1 UEFA cup and a league cup between them. Despite our failure to win anything we have had 2 managers openly denigrate cup tournaments like the UEFA cup that have defined our club. The current manager who has had one of the best sides in the clubs history but hasn’t anything to show has openly stated that the domestic trophies are a distraction, that a club that has not won anything in a decade has a higher priorities. Clearly something is amiss here but the prevailing thought amongst many in the supporter base is that everything is fine whilst those who question this are the villains of the piece. Again just how many years need to pass before you and your type start to actually question this? Again the employees of the club are accountable to us not the other way around but seemingly you are perfectly content to let them go against the traditions of the club.

Last edited:
I’m not to be desperate to be anything - I simply don’t create false realities and live in those confit narratives.

The reality of the situation is that the club has gone over a decade without silverware - it’s managed to achieve this despite building 2 of its best sides in that time. It’s has achieved that feat whilst vastly inferior Woolwich and United sides have won 4 FA cups, 1 UEFA cup and a league cup between them. Despite our failure to win anything we have had 2 managers openly denigrate cup tournaments like the UEFA cup that have defined our club. The current manager who has had one of the best sides in the clubs history but hasn’t anything to show has openly stated that the domestic trophies are a distraction, that a club that has not won anything in a decade has a higher priorities. Clearly something is amiss here but the prevailing thought amongst many in the supporter base is that anything is fine whilst those who question this are the villains of the piece. Again just how many years need to pass before you are you type start to actually question this? Again the employee of the club our accountable to us not the other way around but seemingly you are perfectly content to let them go against the traditions of the club.

Deep down, very deep down...I completely, purely, utterly despise you.

I’m not to be desperate to be anything - I simply don’t create false realities and live in those confit narratives.

The reality of the situation is that the club has gone over a decade without silverware - it’s managed to achieve this despite building 2 of its best sides in that time. It’s has achieved that feat whilst vastly inferior Woolwich and United sides have won 4 FA cups, 1 UEFA cup and a league cup between them. Despite our failure to win anything we have had 2 managers openly denigrate cup tournaments like the UEFA cup that have defined our club. The current manager who has had one of the best sides in the clubs history but hasn’t anything to show has openly stated that the domestic trophies are a distraction, that a club that has not won anything in a decade has a higher priorities. Clearly something is amiss here but the prevailing thought amongst many in the supporter base is that anything is fine whilst those who question this are the villains of the piece. Again just how many years need to pass before you are you type start to actually question this? Again the employee of the club our accountable to us not the other way around but seemingly you are perfectly content to let them go against the traditions of the club.
And yet if I told you in this period we have achieved our best run of league finishes in the Premier League era (The League is your bread and butter) you'd dismiss it as PR spin.

It's also quite evident that the competition is far higher than it's ever been.

Tradition is important but overrated. I value our tradition of style of play above any trinket anyway. I enjoy the game. I don't need success, although it would be nice, to value my club. You evidently do.

Comparing us to United is futile and you know it.

Back
Top Bottom