Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will the silly boys go elsewhere please, as this is one thread I like to read, and I have better things to do than trawl through pages of posturing and name calling - pathetic!
Poch is definitely the best manager since Keith but TBH he hasn't had a lot of competition (apart from Martin, maybe).

Will the silly boys go elsewhere please, as this is one thread I like to read, and I have better things to do than trawl through pages of posturing and name calling - pathetic!
Poch is definitely the best manager since Keith but TBH he hasn't had a lot of competition (apart from Martin, maybe).

So you want no posts in here at all.... :deledoubt:

Keith Burkinshaw 2 x FA Cup, 1 UEFA Cup

Mauricio Pochettinho: Best away record in the PL era.

It’s close.
Yes. But Burkinshaw was working with a budget that competed with the best. We were the club players wanted to join.

Trailblazers at the time with the likes of Ossie and Ricky no less.
Poch has been achieving CL football with his hands tied behind his back by turning good players into great players.

Now, if you're talking about our most succesful chairman........

Mrs P. I feel like you've given me a good spanking and deservedly so. Accept my wholehearted apologies
:avbpray:

He's still a little cunt though

Yes. But Burkinshaw was working with a budget that competed with the best. We were the club players wanted to join.

Trailblazers at the time with the likes of Ossie and Ricky no less.
Poch has been achieving CL football with his hands tied behind his back by turning good players into great players.

Now, if you're talking about our most succesful chairman........

Burkinshaw had a hugely talented team, Poch had and still has a hugely talented team. The budget argument is irrelevant because of the personnel available. We have the players, we are good enough to win silverware, the issue isn’t our market capacity the issue is the qualities of our coach. Inferior teams like Woolwich, United Leicester have managed to win silverware in the last 4 years but we have nothing to show for the talent we have amassed. That rests with one person and it isn’t Levy.

Last edited:
Burkinshaw had a hugely talented team, Poch had and still has a hugely talented team. The budget argument is irrelevant because of the personnel available. We have the players, we are good enough to win silverware, the issue isn’t our market capacity the issue is the qualities of our coach. Inferior teams like Woolwich, United Leicester have managed to win silverware on the last 4 years but we have nothing to show for the talent we have amassed. That rests with one person and it isn’t Levy.
I agree our lack of silverware is depressing and almost unprecedented in the clubs history. I also agree that the reason can't just be down to bad luck and conspiracy theories.
So I guess we also agree the buck must stop with someone .
But I don't think it's Poch. Because I don't think any other manager would have developed players like Dele, Eriksen, Harry, etc into the players they are today.
What I will concede is he fucked up monumentally with his team selection for the FA cup semi last season. After 7 cup semi final defeats in a row seeing Vorm at one end and de Gea at the other, and World class players like Toby left in the cold.....it felt like real kick in the teeth tbh

Last edited:
Much like players are not the best because of their accolades, but attributes, the same applies to managers.

Matt le Tissier won fuck all. He's still better than Eric Djemba Djemba.
But Le Tissier won fuck all because he was surrounded by shitness. Poch isnt surrounded by shitness, so he should really be winning something, anything. I'd be happy with even a league cup at this rate . Its been a while..:(

David Pleat was amazing... what could have been!

BMJ years..... the lane was rocking

It was our resurgence and I loved going to the lane during those years

5/6th best in the league?! Oh please we have one the best in the league and have done for the last 3 seasons. The monetary value of the squad is always a key indicator of the talent available and when independent third parties have us only second to City that tells you everything.

Premier League news: Man City and Tottenham have Europe's most valuable squads | Goal.com

This whole notion that Poch is overperforming with this group of players is complete nonsense. If anything there is more truth in the view that he is not maximising what he has given the absence of silverware.
what utter bollocks. Value is a re-sale indicator and thus largely depends on age. Our best players are, in the main, very young. I'm sure you dont think Kane is actually better than Messi, so i can only assume you're using this to fit your narrative.

what utter bollocks. Value is a re-sale indicator and thus largely depends on age. Our best players are, in the main, very young. I'm sure you dont think Kane is actually better than Messi, so i can only assume you're using this to fit your narrative.
Someone tell Modric to give back his balon d'or, the overrated cunt isn't even in the top 10 most valuable CIES list

Back
Top Bottom