Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course I'm fucking joking.

Like I'd seriously mean death threats, especially to numpties like you, you 'stupid guy.

The 'gut you like a pig...a pig' line is from a fucking film too! (I can't remember which one though.).

Anyway I've not come back to debate this kind of horseshit with people I don't have all that much time for, so I'll leave it there.

Night, you quaint little cockatoo!

P.s yes I fucking love musicals! The greatest showman is awesome.
Yeah, I'm sure you were just joking all along

Yeah, I'm sure you were just joking all along

Not my problem if you don't get the humour.

Apologies. I'll switch it from gutting you like a pig to force feeding you Haribo until you pop. Better?

Now, I haven't come back to waste valuable seconds of my life teaching you lessons. Either talk spurs, or job on. Either way, fuck off.

Just goes to show what dim wit fans know,some dim wits! if true in regards our top players are going to commit to Tottenham on the back of our manager signing a new deal they obviously believe in him and what he’s trying to achieve so that should be more than enough for our fan base and when it goes awry in a game or over a few games shit happens DONT start threads “who should our next manager be” fuck off we’ve got one,a good one.

Of course I'm fucking joking.

--

The 'gut you like a pig...a pig' line is from a fucking film too! (I can't remember which one though.).
--

Shocked-Reaction-Gif.gif

Just goes to show what dim wit fans know,some dim wits! if true in regards our top players are going to commit to Tottenham on the back of our manager signing a new deal they obviously believe in him and what he’s trying to achieve so that should be more than enough for our fan base and when it goes awry in a game or over a few games shit happens DONT start threads “who should our next manager be” fuck off we’ve got one,a good one.

The best supporters are clearly the blind partisans- real fans don’t criticise right!

I think weird British humour doesn’t translate too well to overseas members. Comedy violence has a rich heritage here. I don’t expect everyone to understand, but I know where you’re coming from. Take Doug and Dinsdale Piranha for example, and Spiny Norman the 200 foot long hedgehog who represented Dinsdale’s paranoia. Fucking funny.

Amazing how, after 30 years, I can recall a Pyhton script like it was yesterday*. But I can't remember what was on the shopping list.

Everyone was afraid of Doug, even Dinsdale was afraid of Doug. His main weapon was........ sarcasm. That and dramatic irony. And pathos. He was vicious.

* Someone's going to tell me it wasn't like that at all.

Are they really hard miles if it’s your livelihood?

Outside of that, the point is that we don’t need “one of our own” making up and publishing the same ridiculous, wildly speculative, and completely anti-Spurs “the sky is falling” shite-paper garbage that all the gooner, dipper, and chav paid journos are already writing.

There’s nothing true or original in anything he wrote. The difference is people look at that drivel and say “he’s a proper Yid with connections, so clearly Poch is still planning on leaving next season if they don’t sign Bale. Croce said so.”

So, yes, he’s a cunt. Everything I’ve ever read from him has the air of “look at Tottenham, England’s biggest little club”. He might follow Spurs, but he doesn’t like them.
It ain't his livelihood. He is a political journalist. He must make a few extra bob doing the odd freelance piece for ESPN. Very occasionally writes about Spurs for the Guardian but the pieces are nothing like that one. Just more about being a fan, nothing about Poch/Levy etc. I guarantee you that he's not just another journalist with an anti-Spurs bias, he's just a natural pessimist. I don't think anyone reads his piece and thinks he has connections. His connections are all in politics. He has zero connections in football. I doubt many people even read ESPN for football and those that do won't have a clue who he is.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. I think we have enough enemies of our own for all the in-fighting that goes on.

I think weird British humour doesn’t translate too well to overseas members. Comedy violence has a rich heritage here. I don’t expect everyone to understand, but I know where you’re coming from. Take Doug and Dinsdale Piranha for example, and Spiny Norman the 200 foot long hedgehog who represented Dinsdale’s paranoia. Fucking funny.
Yes - I also think that that is also representative of other countries humor as well:
We had Norman Gunston who the Yanks (and sometimes some Aussies) just could not get, yet his creator Garry MacDonald was a genius who suffered through major depressive episodes while being Norman !

Differs from person to person. I love British comedy and it is the main type of comedy I watch. But I also grew up with grandparents that for some reason got the BBC and other English channels via satellite dish so I was indoctrinated early.

Lots of Swedes love stuff like Python but a lot also don't get it at all.

Last edited:
So, yes, he’s a cunt. Everything I’ve ever read from him has the air of “look at Tottenham, England’s biggest little club”. He might follow Spurs, but he doesn’t like them.
Its a real pity you feel like this towards other Spurs fans. If anyone dares question our transfer or wage policy, or voices an opinion widely held by others on the Poch/Levy relationship they must be cunts who don't like Spurs. Even if they're lifelong season ticket holders and go to every match. I think your'e views are very naive and backward looking but I'd never call you a cunt or claim your not a supporter for holding them. It was a well written article that nailed all the current issues to a tee. In my opinion.

Last edited:
And which poster did that?
The WBA match thread was brutal in terms of criticism of the team and management! One game where it went pair shaped and all of a sudden we have a poor manager....Why? You get bad days in every walk of life you have bad days it’s life! The criticism was ridiculous, a nonsense in regards of what we’ve achieved in the last 3 and bit years our manager gets questioned in terms of ability cos of one game and before you say “who said he should go” no one did out right but the question mark was there as well you know it! As for our “who should be our next manager” thread you more than helped push that along!

You’re mistaken if you think that we all know this stuff. You might know it, but half of the chimps on here barely know what time zone we’re in - let alone the vagaries of CL qualification.
Pah! Time zones. Just another round earth conspiracy trotted out by the globetards. If time zones are real, why is the time always the time?

The WBA match thread was brutal in terms of criticism of the team and management! One game where it went pair shaped and all of a sudden we have a poor manager....Why? You get bad days in every walk of life you have bad days it’s life! The criticism was ridiculous, a nonsense in regards of what we’ve achieved in the last 3 and bit years our manager gets questioned in terms of ability cos of one game and before you say “who said he should go” no one did out right but the question mark was there as well you know it! As for our “who should be our next manager” thread you more than helped push that along!

So we lose to the bottom club in an abject manner and yet you expected a different reaction? Why? Why should our manager be immune from critique and criticism- why should he been afforded such rights? Clearly there are a lot of people with the online supporter base who do given the reaction to any sembelence of criticism - which borders on hysterical at times. He absolutely deserved criticism for that performance- it can’t be a one way process. He received adulation after the Chelsea game but somehow this wholly unacceptable when the reverse happens? I’m sorry but If you wish to engage in blind adulation so be it but please do not expect others to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom