Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Transfer window is not even open and you guys are already cunting off.

Talk about warming up

....And wheres your commitment to the cause, mofo?

Sell Pete Bastard... No point having him if we dont play him!!!! Fucking shambles i tell ya!

:angryscouser:

Thing is Sammy, I have admitted, many times I got that one wrong. Id even be prepared to say, with hinsight, a few of my comments in 2014 now look a bit silly.
But maybe now its time for you to show a little humility, and finally admit that you and many others made complete fools of yourselves last summer with your stubborn refusal to accept that Poch was frustrated. A frustration that was shared by many supporters at the time
I’m willing to admit many multis, but Sammy isn’t one of them I’m afraid John, I wouldn’t have the energy to run Sammy’s account. I have very rarely posted in the transfer threads because I only watch Spurs. I’d give you credit for owning up to what a tit you made of yourself, but you’d get committed if you continued to deny so I can’t grant you much credit there I’m afraid

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion that if we can sign one player to join the starting 11 every year, while building a stadium, we are doing well. In Sanchez we have clearly done that. I’ve also been impressed by Foyth and Gazzaniga. Personally I feel the only one that’s been shit is Aurier. (But I thought you rate him), although that’s been costly because we lost walker. I’d give us a C-
How many players do you want to sign? Did you only start supporting us during the ‘magnificent 7’ window and have been disappointed ever since?

....Nah, he's yet to start mate. :pocheyes:

We finished 2nd because we were completely eliminated in Europe by February, none of our key players bar Rose and Lamela had any lengthy injury or poor run of form throughout the entire season, and all of our rivals bar chavski were much worse than they are this season.
Nothing we can do about the Manchester clubs spending more than anyone else in Europe except PSG. Just the reality of the situation, you can/will moan about it all you like but it won’t change anything. But carry on, knock yourself out

Ah, I see it now Oracle Oracle , sammyspurs sammyspurs and multis.
The headline should read Pochettino delighted with Spurs transfer strategy. Everything he is quoted for he didn't say. The interviewer is another lying journalist cunt and we can add The Guardian to our list of shit rags with an anti Spurs agenda.
Am I getting it now boys?

Ive not said he was delighted, but can you explain how us not being able to attract players is the same as Levy refusing to sign his targets?

Im not playing silly buggers, simply asking you to explain your interpretation of what Poch said, and what you claim it means. Im actually a bit tired of people using direct quotes with the attitude of:

"dont worry about what he said, read between the lines"

No, I wont read between the lines (set out by you). I will read what he actually said.

Im looking forward to it.
Have you done a transfer window on here before mate?
The final week is usually the best. Things really start to hot up as deadline day approaches
Joined up mid transfer window this summer since the threads on SC were so dire.

I was born by the transfer window. Moulded by it

Thing is Sammy, I have admitted, many times I got that one wrong. Id even be prepared to say, with hinsight, a few of my comments in 2014 now look a bit silly.
But maybe now its time for you to show a little humility, and finally admit that you and many others made complete fools of yourselves last summer with your stubborn refusal to accept that Poch was frustrated. A frustration that was shared by many supporters at the time

Youve quoted someone else....

complete fools?

You are acting as is if weve actually been able to field a full strength team this season....Trippier injured days before the opener, we've had Kane out, Toby out Wanyama out, Rose out.

You arent looking at the reality of how a squad works. You dont sign players for 40M upwards to cover injuries.....you sign players like Foyth.

A fully fit squad, and Im fairly sure it would be you feeling like the fool. You want signings, regardless. You even came around and said the window ended being ok in the end, but now this again.

As for the pre season bollocks, I dont care what anyone says Poch included about bedding in time. Sanchez and Aurier look like they've been here for years and have from day one. It depends on the individual.

I remember people being jealous of Everton in the summer......more signings equals more improvement right?

Last edited:

complete fools?

You are acting as is if weve actually been able to field a full strength team this season....Trippier injured days before the opener, we've had Kane out, Toby out Wanyama out, Rose out.

You arent looking at the reality of how a squad works. You dont sign players for 40M upwards to cover injuries.....you sign players like Foyth.

A fully fit squad, and Im fairly sure it would be you feeling like the fool. You want signings, regardless. You even came around and said the window ended being ok in the end, but now this again.

As for the pre season bollocks, I dont care what anyone says Poch included about bedding in time. Sanchez and Aurier look like they've been here for years and have from day one. It depends on the individual.

I remember people being jealous of Everton in the summer......more signings equals more improvement right?
As I suspected. No humility whatsoever. Poch confirms in his own words the complete opposite to what you were spouting all through the summer and still you dont back down. There's no point continuing the debate with you Sammy. With you're intransigence, there can be no debate.

Its funny because thats by and large what we did, bar Aurier, and we have just finished unbeaten in the CL, taking 6pts off Dortmund and 4pts off Real finishing with the most points out of every single team.
That's what we did, not what we wanted to do. The only signings that have actually made an impact (Aurier and Sanchez) were bought for "big money". Sanchez was hardly a pick from the "lower leagues" he was one of most highly rated young defenders in the world, coveted by the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

We've had a shit month, but we've done all this with the likes of Winks and Sissoko stepping up, and a massive amount of injuries in key areas.
What's your point

Some people are acting like they could foresee losing Wanyama, Kane and Toby for games already by November, and Dele and Eriksen losing form.
What's that got to do with anything I said this summer

You've slated Winks, then lauded him, now you're back to calling it "crazy" to trust the academy.
When have I slated Winks? I've only ever said that he's a very exciting player and that I think he has a great future with us. Saying it's stupid to put all your eggs in one basket isn't the same as saying it's crazy to look into the academy. You're the crazy one here, you were convinced Lesniak would go on to "do a Dele Alli" this season, remember?

Some of you need to get it into your heads that we will not be spending 150M in January to cover our injuries.
Thats what the squad is for, and all things considered, they are doing relatively well in the PL.
What are you talking about, who's been talking about spending 100m+ on replacing injured players?

Open your eyes. Its not the cover thats underperforming. Its first teamers. If Poch persists in playing people out of form, there should be no comments from him regarding signings.
Hmm..... or maybe it could be that our lack of different options in attack has massively handicapped us and now other players have to try and play that role?

complete fools?

That has nothing to do with what we were saying this summer or what we're talking about now? You're making up things as you go to somehow delude yourself into thinking you're correct

Have to give credit to Poch. Played Dier in defence with no real defensive midfielder as cover today and we still won 5-1. Still fighting for top 4, even top 3 with Chelsea slipping up. Our goal difference looks good. What was the problem again?

Unfortunately it's always going to be rare for us to sign someone early unless we are paying the very top wages (like City / PSG level), players will always wait to see what other offers they can get before agreeing to join us - we aren't at the front of the queue for the type of players that we want to sign.
So just Dutch 17 year old prospects from here on in????

This man... :dierpochhug:

It's causing me physical pain to watch this and not get a Poch hug.

tumblr_oxkdyv3Z8w1vqbvcbo1_1280.gif

Back
Top Bottom