Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good read this.

Correct and it is not just money. We have lacked fight and bite and whilst Walker leaving sent a poor message it is more than just that.

Wanyama has been a very big loss as has the lack of consistency of too many players.

Maybe the issie og Wembley has weighed more heavily than we thought.

issie og Wembley
giphy.gif

Good read this.

The underlying suggestion I get from that is if Dier, Dele, Rose etc see us as just a stepping stone and are not longer committed to the cause get rid for maximum value. Ie follow the model Poch used when he first came here and cleared out those uncommitted.

I don’t disagree but if we go down the route we really do have to extract maximum value and invest well.

It’s a good article, it does feel at least with the prem the fight has gone out of us a little. I tend to feel a lot of things from Wembley to coming second behind Chavs to City dominating this season has had an effect on the players.

I have written off the Prem this season mostly, even top 4 looks very very hard but we still can show teeth in the CL and FA cup and the players should be well up for that.

The underlying suggestion I get from that is if Dier, Dele, Rose etc see us as just a stepping stone and are not longer committed to the cause get rid for maximum value. Ie follow the model Poch used when he first came here and cleared out those uncommitted.

I don’t disagree but if we go down the route we really do have to extract maximum value and invest well.

It’s a good article, it does feel at least with the prem the fight has gone out of us a little. I tend to feel a lot of things from Wembley to coming second behind Chavs to City dominating this season has had an effect on the players.

I have written off the Prem this season mostly, even top 4 looks very very hard but we still can show teeth in the CL and FA cup and the players should be well up for that.
A stepping stone club will always result in football failure but maybe we just have to except that is our level .
As long as we can fill the new Stadium, take the inflated dodgy money for our players , City/Chav endless success brings bigger global tv deals then our owner will be a very happy bunny and we should just thank our lucky stars we are a perfect business model.

Agree with much of that but the Champions League and FA Cup are lotteries within reason in that your draw dictates your chances.

The test of your quality, depth and resolve is the Premier League.

I think the issue is nothing to show for 2 year's of near brilliance.

As a fan that hurts like mad. For a player it must be even worse which is why we needed 4/5 additions of quality in the summer.

Now we need to add in January or face the repercussions.

But if we follow your suggestion we will forever be rebuilding and recycling while never winning fuck all. The bank balance will look sweet but the trophy cabinet remains bare.
We need to address the reasons why these players see us as a stepping stone. When a player signs for Spurs he should be signing for a club capable of realising his ambitions. We are, or at least should be, too big to be a fucking stepping stone for any cunt.

But if we follow your suggestion we will forever be rebuilding and recycling while never winning fuck all. The bank balance will look sweet but the trophy cabinet remains bare.
We need to address the reasons why these players see us as a stepping stone. When a player signs for Spurs he should be signing for a club capable of realising his ambitions. We are, or at least should be, too big to be a fucking stepping stone for any cunt.

Difference between us and say Atletico is that we don’t buy enough talented young players, getting one or two wonder kids means we build a good first 11 but in the modern game you need a top squad.

Our model can work but only if it’s turbo charged, instead of buying one Davison Sanchez you buy 3-4. Within 3-4 years you would have a very strong squad not just first 11 and it would matter less if a player left.

We cant compete with City, Chavs, United etc for proven players but there is nothing to stop us buying the best kids. However if you only get a few it won’t be enough and they will view us as a stepping stone.

I guess what I am saying is we need patience but also more aggression in snapping up every exceptional young player.

What?! It's 3 points? With Woolwich playing Liverpool tomo and Liverpool playing city in the next few games......!
Kin ell :deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom