Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What?! It's 3 points? With Woolwich playing Liverpool tomo and Liverpool playing city in the next few games......!
Kin ell :deledoubt:

Let’s be honest it’s going to be very hard this year, didn’t say impossible, players will be up for the cups though, really think we can do well in the CL.

But if we follow your suggestion we will forever be rebuilding and recycling while never winning fuck all. The bank balance will look sweet but the trophy cabinet remains bare.
We need to address the reasons why these players see us as a stepping stone. When a player signs for Spurs he should be signing for a club capable of realising his ambitions. We are, or at least should be, too big to be a fucking stepping stone for any cunt.
How many clubs aren’t a stepping stone in world football? Maybe five? We are always going to lose players to Real, Barcelona, etc

A local derby is expected to be full of action/hard tackles and you need to win the midfield. With some players not fully fit the decision to play Dier and Sissoko was not a bad one. However it was clear that Spammers were just defending and the not fully fit players could manage longer than 15 mins and Sissoko should have been subbed at 60 mins the latest. Might not have made any difference but worth a try.

Difference between us and say Atletico is that we don’t buy enough talented young players, getting one or two wonder kids means we build a good first 11 but in the modern game you need a top squad.

Our model can work but only if it’s turbo charged, instead of buying one Davison Sanchez you buy 3-4. Within 3-4 years you would have a very strong squad not just first 11 and it would matter less if a player left.

We cant compete with City, Chavs, United etc for proven players but there is nothing to stop us buying the best kids. However if you only get a few it won’t be enough and they will view us as a stepping stone.

I guess what I am saying is we need patience but also more aggression in snapping up every exceptional young player.
We seem to be doing that, but with the idea being buying them 1 or 2 years before they start breaking through, to save cash. It's hard though, as other clubs are doing the same thing. It's not just about the sales pitch, it's about finding the talent in the first place.

So fucking buzzing for our next 30+ days of fixtures.

Southampton (A)
Newport (A)
Man Utd (H)
Liverpool (A)
Woolwich (H)
Juventus (A)

My only worry is that Zidane is one game away from the sack at Madrid.

Pochettino would be a terrible fit there but there are tens of millions of reasons why his head could be turned. Luckily I think he's loaded from business investments apart from his big salary at Spurs, plus the complete absence of a "project" at Madrid, but it doesn't stop me fretting

Man are we lucky to have such a great manager in Poch.
The only criticism I would have is that sometimes he plays too defensive of a squad against lower tier opposition.
But in nearly every other way, he is superior. I honestly cannot fault his man management whatsoever.
I think he seems really comfortable in London. He knows he has long-term security at Spurs.
At Madrid, every player and manager knows that they could be sold or fired at any time, such is the mercurial nature of the club. I honestly think Pochettino would reject moving to Madrid, even for a silly contract.

Depends what he wants from life. If it's to earn in a year enough money to secure your family's future, then if Madrid come calling he will go. However he appears to be someone who wants to create something special with and for us. Long may he reign.

Depends what he wants from life. If it's to earn in a year enough money to secure your family's future, then if Madrid come calling he will go. However he appears to be someone who wants to create something special with and for us. Long may he reign.
I don't think he'd go for the money Mrs P. He's on 5.50million a year at Spurs, whereas Zidane is on 4.50 million at Madrid.
The wage structure for our players may be up for dicussion, but Poch is up there with the elite in the coach/manager list

I don't think he'd go for the money Mrs P. He's on 5.50million a year at Spurs, whereas Zidane is on 4.50 million at Madrid.
The wage structure for our players may be up for dicussion, but Poch is up there with the elite in the coach/manager list
Then all the more reason to stay with us ;). All I can say is that the other Mrs P is a very lucky lady!!

Back
Top Bottom