Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To my mind Poch is obviously frustrated with our league form and is making it publicly known that for him the current issues go back to the summer.

He may have a point but I don't remember him raising similar concerns after the wins over Liverpool and Real Madrid for example.

I think he knows which of our 'star' players want out and which ones don't. I'd put Dele, Toby and Rose in the former camp and Harry, Jan and Hugo in the latter. Split on the fence regarding Eriksen, Dier and Lamela though. It's almost an admittance that over the next couple of windows he's going to have to build a new side capable of challenging the big boys.

Better start in January than leave it until the summer. I think we'll sign Barkley that month though possibly may be on a pre-contract deal.
It’s the first time I’ve heard him try to push the blame away from himself, which is worrying. But I imagine he is just frustrated with our form and worried if we will ever be able to catch the Manchester clubs. A big win today should turn things around, a trophy in the cabinet this season and a move into the new stadium next would make things very uncomfortable for the anti-Levy brigade. I’m sure they will still find something to moan about though, the prices in the cheese room would be my guess

Exactly what myself Don Giovanni Don Giovanni scott scott , Bill Madrid Bill Madrid and numerous other concerned posters were saying all summer.
Only to be vilified, hounded, mocked and even labelled as trolls by the usual suspects. Poch was virtually on his knees with a begging bowl towards the end of the window....
Publicly humiliated as all our rivals strengthened their hand while he had to plead for Levy to back him
After what he'd done for this club over the past 2 seasons he deserved so much more
I think Levy worked pretty hard to meet the Poch's wishes, I just think the market was so crazy that things didn't happen. It was crazy how some people thought we should only look to the academy and lower leagues for players. Simply saying a would be a nice addition could get you in the bin that summer

I think Levy worked pretty hard to meet the Poch's wishes,
Poch has said so himself. He also has said that it is extremely difficult to find players of the quality of our starting 11 as the other big clubs will want them and offer them more money. No real mysteries, it’s all in black and white for anyone that cares to find the truth

Poch has said so himself. He also has said that it is extremely difficult to find players of the quality of our starting 11 as the other big clubs will want them and offer them more money. No real mysteries, it’s all in black and white for anyone that cares to find the truth
Fuck that shit...all aboard the Levy Out bandwagon...

Fuck that shit...all aboard the Levy Out bandwagon...
Agreed! Get the cunt out. What’s he ever done for us?
‘Best training facilities in the country’ well yeah that, but aside from that; ‘most successful academy in the country’, yeah, the academy sure, the training facilities, but what has he ever done for us; ‘the best stadium in Europe’....

Exactly what myself Don Giovanni Don Giovanni scott scott , Bill Madrid Bill Madrid and numerous other concerned posters were saying all summer.
Only to be vilified, hounded, mocked and even labelled as trolls by the usual suspects. Poch was virtually on his knees with a begging bowl towards the end of the window....
Publicly humiliated as all our rivals strengthened their hand while he had to plead for Levy to back him
After what he'd done for this club over the past 2 seasons he deserved so much more

This summer was a very good example because we signed good players but it was so late with no pre season

The most important thing is to identify your targets and when we start pre season they are here

If we dont its difficult for them to help the team and during the season you are going
to pay

Its so important to identify your targets for the summer, not wait until May and before we sign we sell.

Pochettino was frustrated with last summers business

How did we finish, second! And did we attract? Did we attract?

Ok Baby. As you like

Sorry John Im still trying to find the part where he says Levy didnt sign the players he wanted.
He said who did we attract?

If anything, thats a comment about players who would rather go elsewhere for bigger wages than it is on the Chairman. I think the statement has given you a hard on, but you've shot your bolt all over the thread way to soon.

Again, he said, "who did we attract".

Can you please explain how we can sign players that dont want to come here?

Sorry John Im still trying to find the part where he says Levy didnt sign the players he wanted.
He said who did we attract?

If anything, thats a comment about players who would rather go elsewhere for bigger wages than it is on the Chairman. I think the statement has given you a hard on, but you've shot your bolt all over the thread way to soon.

Again, he said, "who did we attract".

Can you please explain how we can sign players that dont want to come here?

You are wasting your time. John Thomas John Thomas only appreciates logic when it suits his own narrative.

Last edited:
It was crazy how some people thought we should only look to the academy and lower leagues for players.

Its funny because thats by and large what we did, bar Aurier, and we have just finished unbeaten in the CL, taking 6pts off Dortmund and 4pts off Real finishing with the most points out of every single team.

We've had a shit month, but we've done all this with the likes of Winks and Sissoko stepping up, and a massive amount of injuries in key areas.

Some people are acting like they could foresee losing Wanyama, Kane and Toby for games already by November, and Dele and Eriksen losing form.
You've slated Winks, then lauded him, now you're back to calling it "crazy" to trust the academy.

Some of you need to get it into your heads that we will not be spending 150M in January to cover our injuries.
Thats what the squad is for, and all things considered, they are doing relatively well in the PL.

Open your eyes. Its not the cover thats underperforming. Its first teamers. If Poch persists in playing people out of form, there should be no comments from him regarding signings.

I a trophy in the cabinet this season and a move into the new stadium next would make things very uncomfortable for the anti-Levy brigade. I’m sure they will still find something to moan about though, the prices in the cheese room would be my guess
Somebody's been on the Christmas sauce already . While your at it a few turkeys need a good stuffing.

Ah, I see it now Oracle Oracle , sammyspurs sammyspurs and multis.
The headline should read Pochettino delighted with Spurs transfer strategy. Everything he is quoted for he didn't say. The interviewer is another lying journalist cunt and we can add The Guardian to our list of shit rags with an anti Spurs agenda.
Am I getting it now boys?

But but our last window was ''A+'' according to *ahem* they know themselves.

But but our last window was ''A+'' according to *ahem* they know themselves.
I’m of the opinion that if we can sign one player to join the starting 11 every year, while building a stadium, we are doing well. In Sanchez we have clearly done that. I’ve also been impressed by Foyth and Gazzaniga. Personally I feel the only one that’s been shit is Aurier. (But I thought you rate him), although that’s been costly because we lost walker. I’d give us a C-
How many players do you want to sign? Did you only start supporting us during the ‘magnificent 7’ window and have been disappointed ever since?

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion that if we can sign one player to join the starting 11 every year, while building a stadium, we are doing well. In Sanchez we have clearly done that. I’ve also been impressed by Foyth and Gazzaniga. Personally I feel the only one that’s been shit is Aurier. But I thought you rate him. How many players do want to sign? Did you only start supporting us during the ‘magnificent 7’ window and have been disappointed ever since?
There is seriously lack of enough quality in terms of pace and creativity in the final third. If we don't address that this January window by signing at least one wide forward or AM then we are really in for a long season.

There is seriously lack of enough quality in terms of pace and creativity in the final third. If we don't address that this January window by signing at least one wide forward or AM then we are really in for a long season.
But it’s the same as last year up front, we finished 2nd. Stop panicking. The season is always the same length and it’s only December.

Yes, yes, all well and good.But some of us believe that we are building a new stadium which the project for is costing 1billion.
Thing is Sammy, I have admitted, many times I got that one wrong. Id even be prepared to say, with hinsight, a few of my comments in 2014 now look a bit silly.
But maybe now its time for you to show a little humility, and finally admit that you and many others made complete fools of yourselves last summer with your stubborn refusal to accept that Poch was frustrated. A frustration that was shared by many supporters at the time

Unfortunately it's always going to be rare for us to sign someone early unless we are paying the very top wages (like City / PSG level), players will always wait to see what other offers they can get before agreeing to join us - we aren't at the front of the queue for the type of players that we want to sign.

But it’s the same as last year up front, we finished 2nd. Stop panicking. The season is always the same length and it’s only December.
We finished 2nd because we were completely eliminated in Europe by February, none of our key players bar Rose and Lamela had any lengthy injury or poor run of form throughout the entire season, and all of our rivals bar chavski were much worse than they are this season.

Back
Top Bottom