Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Janssen "fit"? I feel like it's his turn for redemption and should follow the steps of Sissoko, Llorente and Wanyama. Same goes for Lamela if he is fit.

I really feel we should rest as many as possible. If we play our strongest 11 and still get minced it would be a blow, not just physically but also mentally.

...and looking at the schedule over the next few weeks it's getting tight

20/4 Man Shitty (A)
23/4 Brighton (H)
27/4 West Ham (H)
30/4 Ajax (H)

Don't play anyone we think we can't afford to lose. Pep is a nob and will probably tell his team to put even more kicks in than they usually do. He's bitter and he's snide like that. Friend of a friend told me! :)

Don't play Son in this game please.

I have a bad feeling that Man shitty will try to injure Son badly, just like they did it to Kane.

Chances of winning this one is very slim anyway, so save Son for winnable ones.

can't see us winning this one, too many injuried players and some need resting, hopefully play strong defensive teams and lost by two would be good,

Lloris
KWP Sanchez Alde Verts Davies
Skipp Wanyama
Son Lucas
Llorente

Gazza, Tripps/Lamela, Rose, Foyth, Dier, Dele, Eriksen

Have a go at them again. If we attack them like we did in the first 15mins then we can get a result.

The defending needs to be more astute. Defend wide not narrow. 2 defensive midfielders need to pick up runs from KDB, Silva, Bernardo.

Use the bench. Don't think Wanyama will last hopefully Dier can play 20mins at the end.

I think Poch will try and win this one. He isn't going to put 11 men behind the ball like some would. He will demand his players go and win this game and like in the CL game never give up no matter what happens.
And that is the right way to get a result in this game because City are amazing in attack but can be exposed in defense, so we must attack them. And imagine the nerves if we go a goal up, their fans will shit themselves and that will transmit to the players. My only concern is energy and fitness. I would like to see some fresh players come in. And what pressure is there on us? If we do lose, even 6-0 does it matter to us really? It might come the end of the season but it's not going to change the CL result.

Don't play Son in this game please.

I have a bad feeling that Man shitty will try to injure Son badly, just like they did it to Kane.

Chances of winning this one is very slim anyway, so save Son for winnable ones.

I don't think they will go out intentionally to injure but I think if the game doesn't go their way and they see us taking CL and Prem off them in the space of a few days that they might lose their heads. Obviously just hope we come through the game without any more injuries.

I don't get how anyone is saying this game doesn't matter. Of course it matters. We still have to take care of the bread and butter business in the league, no matter what. If we want to be a big club, we have to have more than one iron in the fire at any given time. It's still a long shot for us to win the CL, so we have to go and secure a CL place for next season via top 4, which was always our number one priority.

Yep 100% mate.

Last night was an astonishing feat but one where you always know that if it's just a goal that is needed then it's always possible.

But Saturday comes and for us way too soon and Pochettino may have a big issue to deal with because we need to be ready for Brighton.

Why the pessimism? (as much as one can be pessimistic after last night)

If anything I think we have a better chance now. City are on tilt. They will be mentally shattered after that game. On the other hand we will have much more belief than before. The pressure is also all on them, which will play into our hands on the break again.

I back us.

Said this in another thread but, bulk CM up with CBs (only depth we have atm!).... Playing Vic 3 times in a week is asking for trouble and he'll be massive in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile feels like we'd be throwing Skipp to the lions (This'll get proper tasty if it's not going City's way)...

Assuming Winks and Sissoko are out:

Boss
KWP / Dav / Jan / Ben
TA / CE / Foyth
Son / Dele / Lucas

Toby & Juan to play like aux. CBs.... Screening; cleaning up for CE and the FBs. Whilst Sonny & Lucas defend from the front and try to keep their FBs busy.

If we can stay competitive there's points on the horizon.

Said this in another thread but, bulk CM up with CBs (only depth we have atm!).... Playing Vic 3 times in a week is asking for trouble and he'll be massive in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile feels like we'd be throwing Skipp to the lions (This'll get proper tasty if it's not going City's way)...

Boss
KWP / Dav / Jan / Ben
TA / CE / Foyth
Son / Dele / Lucas

Toby & Juan to play like aux. CBs.... Screening; cleaning up for CE and the FBs. Whilst Sonny & Lucas defend from the front and try to keep their FBs busy.

Back 5 for sure I would think.

Then Davies and KWP.

In midfield Alli, Eriksen and ?

Llorente and Moura or Son up top.

Try to be solid and just sit. Pressure all on City but my main thought process is damage limitation.

But yes, City will be suffering and if we could take advantage then it would be amazing.

Boss
KWP / Dav / Jan / Ben
TA / CE / Foyth
Son / Dele / Lucas

Id play toby and jan in their natural positions. Extra defenders can go in midfield.

We are currently on a run of 4 away EPL losses and 6 domestic away losses. 7 away losses in our last 8 all comps. It's not like we have played awful so surely we are due a law of averages draw?

Back
Top Bottom