Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't NEED to win, as in if we don't win, we won't qualify for the CL next year. That is horseshit. A draw would be ok. So calm your tits, love.

It was a response to the people saying they didn't give a fuck. And a win would almost 100% get us top 4 so we.might not need to win but it would take pressure of us going into games like West Ham and Everton so it would be really fucking nice

It was a response to the people saying they didn't give a fuck. And a win would almost 100% get us top 4 so we.might not need to win but it would take pressure of us going into games like West Ham and Everton so it would be really fucking nice

Oh of course it would be. But it's not the end of the world if we don't, is all I'm saying. Will be fucking tough

Couldn’t give a toss for this game if we lose 10-0 I will still walk out with a big smug grin - win our last 4 after this and we will be assured cl next season

Gazzaniga
KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies
Skipp - Wanyama - Marsh
Roles - Llorente - Lucas
Fuck it.

We'll win our home games and qualify anyway. Give the majority of those who just started and competed in the biggest win in the clubs recent history a fucking holiday.

City will win. Just like they did yesterday.

But they won't be in the Champions League semi final. Hahaahahahahahaha.

There's some mighty fine acceptance of the result in this thread...

Spurs fans be aware of slight moments of aggressive behavior towards our team

Couldn’t give a toss for this game if we lose 10-0 I will still walk out with a big smug grin - win our last 4 after this and we will be assured cl next season
Our last 4 are not easy. Brighton fighting for their lives, Bournemouth are an excellent side and they're at home, west ham always turn up for us, Everton just beat Woolwich recently (also drew with Liverpool and Chelsea) and are going for the last European spot. None of those are incredibly favourable, especially with CL semi final ties, and half a team fit. We need to play our strongest side. Having said that, city will be out for revenge and we will be cooked after this morning, so I think they'll probably hammer us unfortunately

I don't think our players will either.

Yesterday was draining for us. Imagine what it was like for them!
But they have a much stronger squad and we have a huge injury problem, so they are still in the much better position physically speaking. Mentally, they will be fired up to get revenge and also to make sure they don't fuck up the league since it's now their only big prize for the season. I think this will be an even tougher challenge for us on paper than last night was. I don't even know what kind of midfield we are sending out there, Skipp and Foyth...?

Bizarre this game. Bear with me.

A win is obviously the best result for us but if not then we need to lose but by a small margin.

We need City to go into the United match with the title still in their hands amd giving their all so taking a point from City is fine but I am not 100% sure it is exactly the best for us in the long term..

Will be very interesting what team Pochettino puts out because we have Brighton on Tuesday, which is the game we would expect to win.

76 points is the target I have in my head to get us into the top 4 via the PL.
The thing is City will go to Utd needing to win - I think both City and Liverpool could well win every game left so they will need every point. United will almost certainly lose points (Chelsea and City to play) and Chelsea likewise with Utd to play, and Leicester away last game. Woolwich are the only team to really threaten our top 4 position and they have Wolves, Leicester and Burnley away (their away form is shite). So whatever result on Saturday, I see top 4 still a real probability for us.

Our last 4 are not easy. Brighton fighting for their lives, Bournemouth are an excellent side and they're at home, west ham always turn up for us, Everton just beat Woolwich recently (also drew with Liverpool and Chelsea) and are going for the last European spot. None of those are incredibly favourable, especially with CL semi final ties, and half a team fit. We need to play our strongest side. Having said that, city will be out for revenge and we will be cooked after this morning, so I think they'll probably hammer us unfortunately

Brighton were fighting for their lives at HOME to Cardiff and lost. Whilst I've been shouted at on here for being optimistic, they are quite simply the biggest guarantee of 3 points out of all of our remaining games.

I've made my feelings clear on Bournemouth against top 6 teams. They tend to roll over. Whilst we could quite easily draw against them, I think they're more of a sure win than Everton and West Ham at home would be.

West Ham is probably the toughest outside of Man City.

Everton, whilst on good form, got their good results at HOME. A place we put fucking 6 through them. They just lost to fucking Fulham away from home. Last game of the season? Spurs needing a win in their new sold out stadium to get top four? You can bet your bottom dollar we'll win that. Everton aren't that good.

We need to stop with this "SPURSY" narrative. We're a fucking good team. We just fucking knocked City out of the CL and got to our first Champions League semi final since the 60s - why the fuck do we worry ourselves over the likes of Brighton and Bournemouth ffs?

If we lose on Saturday (highly likely) or even draw. It isn't the end of the fucking world. We'd simply have jut lost (FOR A SECOND GAME IN A ROW, yes we lost yesterday) to arguably the best team in the country. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Those around us have a lot harder fixtures from the weekend onwards. We'll do it.

We're gonna get battered. But does anyone care?

This game is a freebie. Battered by injury. Inevitable hangover and a City looking for revenge.

Players like Skipp and KWP should play to give them experience and whilst I don't write off a result, it's unlikely. So let's treat it as such and play with freedom and peace of mind that it's our other PL games that will help us secure top 4. Maybe said freedom will help us.

Brighton on Tuesday and West Ham next week are much bigger games where we have to get results.

-------------------Lloris-------------------
--------Foyth--Sanchez--Verts---------
KWP------Skipp-----Eriksen-----Davies
-----------Dele---------Lucas------------
----------------Llorente------------------

If we scramble a draw, I'll be happy but expect a 3-1 loss. At least it'll fuck the Dippers I suppose.
Mauricio could play himself and Toni, we could have a record loss, and no one would care. After today, it’s all gravy.

I don't get how anyone is saying this game doesn't matter. Of course it matters. We still have to take care of the bread and butter business in the league, no matter what. If we want to be a big club, we have to have more than one iron in the fire at any given time. It's still a long shot for us to win the CL, so we have to go and secure a CL place for next season via top 4, which was always our number one priority.

I’m treating this one as a free hit. Any points there will be a bonus but our “bread and butter” games for CL qualification don’t include this match.
We’ve dumped the cunts on their arses once this week.
Same again please, but I won’t be losing any sleep whatever the result & whoever Poch lines up with.
COYS

Back
Top Bottom