Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
KWP--Toby--Sanchez--Rose
Winks
Sissoko-------Ndombele
Eriksen
Lucas-----Kane
I would have started Sanchez for this one regardless of the Jan issues as I think his pace will be important.
KWP gets the nod because Serge hasn't had a pre-season and this isn't the place to throw him in. (This gives me nightmares)
I think these are the games that that midfield 3 is made for and with Eriksen at the tip of the diamond we will have someone to pick out the runs of Kane and Lucas.

Bench will be stronger with Lo Celso and hopefully he gets a few minutes.

This is a bit of a free hit so I'm quite looking forward to it. We are always close when we play Liverpool and City and I always feel like they are there for the taking so hopefully this time we take our chances. Would also be lovely if we didn't concede within 5 minutes.

Basically 5 at the back with wingbacks and 2 holding midfielders. I think Sissoko connecting midfield to attack is a mistake.

As noted my thinking is to disrupt their play further up the pitch. With 3CBs, the 2 CMs can pick up the scraps from behind MS and push/pass beyond him to link to the fwds and WBs.

Kinda 352 but with the most combative CM pushed up the most.

Wacky i know, I just don't see Poch playing 433 and fear a diamond getting rinsed.

It has got to the stage where 1 point against City is as impressive as 3 points against a mid-table team. My brain tells me 1 or 2-0 to City, but my heart says 1-1. I will go with the latter. :allitongue:

It has got to the stage where 1 point against City is as impressive as 3 points against a mid-table team. My brain tells me 1 or 2-0 to City, but my heart says 1-1. I will go with the latter. :allitongue:

Arguably bigger.... An away point could prove massive.

..............................Lloris................................
KWP.......Toby.........Superman.......Rose
.......................Dier......Ndombele..............
.....Lucas...............Alli...................Eriksen
.....................The one true King................

Arguably bigger.... An away point could prove massive.

Especially with the NLD coming up soon. Most realistically us and Arse will be on 6 points each when we face each other, going with us losing to City and Woolwich to Liverpool. To get the opportunity to be over them with a draw at the Emirates would be sweet so early into the season with two of the hardest grounds played already.

Been said a few times by other posters, but I really hope Poch sticks with KWP and Eriksen plays.

Lloris
KWP - Toby - Sanchez/Jan - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - NDombele
Lucas - Kane - Eriksen

Walker - Stones - Laporte - Zinchenko

Their defence is clearly their weakest part and we will certainly get our chances. A draw is possible if we are clinical in front of goal and come up with a good game plan.

Last edited:
City's backline looked shaky against West Ham and we have gone toe to toe with them before.

Don't play that fucking Diamond sit back and frustrate them for the first 30 and keep Sissoko in the middle next to Ndombele, so they can break that city press feed Eriksen (who has to start) and hopefully feed Kane and Moura on the break and we can come away with a result

Hmm thinking about it,

Gaza
Serge Tanganga Dav Kwp
Skipp Wanyama Dier
Lamela Parrott Gkn

Then we can bang on about how they only beat our B team.

Honestly though.. City have lost 3 home league games in 3 seasons.. Palace, United, Chelsea.

Knowing us, we will probably beat City, get talked up big time, then drop points against Toon, Goon and Palace straight after.
Swear we would have been better off in the long run not smashing United at Old Trafford last season or something.

Oh well, hopefully just win them all.
COYS

8-0 written all over it.

First half hatrick from Kane, 50 yard belter into top bin by Ndombele, Eriksen beats the first defender and scores direct from a corner, Sissoko scorpion kick from just outside the box, Lamela rabona from halfway line and an own goal by Walker to finish the day off.

:roseunsure:

----------------Hugo------------------
--------Toby / Sanchez / Jan--------
KWP / Winks / Ndombele / Rose
----------------Eriksen-----------------
-------------Lucas / Kane--------------

4idBu8J.jpg

Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Skipp, Lo Celso, GKN, Lamela
That’s a really high line. Sterling would punish us.

..............................Lloris................................
KWP.......Toby.........Superman.......Rose
.......................Dier......Ndombele..............
.....Lucas...............Alli...................Eriksen
.....................The one true King................
It’s a bit early to throw Parrott in

I suspect that Poch wants Sanchez in this fixture over Jan; and that is why the switch was made for Villa. City like to move the ball quickly and Sanchez is certainly the better tackler of the ball.

Maybe Jan was not happy about not being in the starting 11 and that is why Poch dropped him to the stands? (i.e. don't question my selection)

Back
Top Bottom