Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, it probably doesn't help that I go searching for it.

A lot of the time the genuine followers that I follow are re-tweeting it and criticising them within the re-tweet. But occasionally, I will hit the #COYS or #THFC tag to see what people thought and some of the abuse that the likes of Sanchez, Lamela, Lloris and even Dier got was just comical. I can understand people being annoyed by Lloris' continuous mistakes, Lamela over Son, Sanchez's off game etc. but some of the comments were borderline disrespectful. I believe I saw one say 'Lloris should just retire and fuck off out of my club the frog eating nonce'
Bottomline is Twitter is an echo chamber for arseholes and no marks. Another rule I have don't follow or read anyone who doesn't use their name or identify themselves in their handle and those that have a cheesey footballers name and pic in their bio are 12 years old. I refuse to get wound up by a 12 year old.

Bottomline is Twitter is an echo chamber for arseholes and no marks. Another rule I have don't follow or read anyone who doesn't use their name or identify themselves in their handle and those that have a cheesey footballers name and pic in their bio are 12 years old. I refuse to get wound up by a 12 year old.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with following DembelesShoulderDrop.

The poster said he would rather watch lads try their best and lose than have superstars and win. By definition those lads are second rate; or second best. Whatever the terminology, It's not harsh, its reality.
LC had second rate players and won the PL. when you unearth a gem of a player, you know he's playing for you not because you are paying him more money than he deserves. I want to compete with the best and have the best players but not the City or Chelsea way. At least earn the right to compete.

I hate how toxic fans can be when Spurs lose a game - not pointing at anyone on here but some of the reactions on Twitter, posts to our own players etc are just borderline ridiculous.

I'd understand the anger if we lost at home to Stoke or West Brom and played as poor as we did yesterday or even against United in the Semi Final next week, but to lose to the best team in the country in Man City in which was our first loss since we last played them about 5 or so months ago is nothing to be ashamed about.

We go again.

We'll go and smash Brighton and fans will be out sucking off the players again.

We've had it good under Poch, fans forget what it's like to lose then freak out when we do. Proper fickle unfortunately. Maybe some forgot the 90s or were born after but back then losing was commonplace because we were pretty shit. I remember being in Burneys shoes, hoping, gleefully, that we might finally get into a European competition of any kind and how exciting that would be. We're spoilt nowadays.

It's annoying though when we recently beat Woolwich, Utd, Chelsea, drew away at Liverpool - but people can't even remember back a few weeks?

Why does it hurt, getting beat the way we did . It exposes weaknesses that we believe we didn't have. We looked the Spurs of old , no idea how to combat the brilliant play by City. I guess we all felt we had moved on from them crap days. We have, until we play a better side . Losing is not the problem it's how you lose .

See all the cunts who've been struggling to find words since we last lost an EPL game are now out in force ... John Thomas ... Justin ... same old shite

and this is about as cuntish as it gets ....

"We've been reliable flat track bullies under Poch but something is missing against the top teams"

Since we last lost to City ... who remember are the EPL champions by a mile ....

Spurs 2 - 0 Utd
Dippers 2 - 2 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 Woolwich
Chelsea 1 - 3 Spurs

What an utter feckwit comment .... one defeat and the trolls all rear their ugly little heads ....

Exactly, JT.
They're not 'second rate' of course, they're all International quality, but I appreciate you're exaggerating to make a point.
You want the club to buy success, win every game and be like Man City or Chelsea. (You seem to think you're entitled to expect this because the ticket prices are high, but that's another issue).
I want the club to stay like Spurs, 'my' Spurs, the Spurs I've supported for 50 years, and will continue to support even if they "lose occasionally" (or even frequently).
Only one of us can be right.
But you have avoided my question ClosedAccount542 . Do you think its right that this morally superior Spurs, your spurs that you do not wish to see buy success, should charge these extortionate elite ticket prices which outflank every other club in the prmier league.
Are you also happy for your spurs to take these clubs filthy oil money in exhange for superstars like Kyle Walker, and replacing them with these inferior players you would rather see wear our shirt.
If you're happy with all this, then you're a hypocrite. If you aint happy with this anomaly, then why are you happy to settle for second best.
It don't really add up mate.

Stadium almost built
Still good grip on the 4
FA cup in tact
Losing matches that could been won
But hey that's football innit?
Doing all in Spurs way w a devil of talker Levy
Did I mention stadium?

Stadium almost built
Still good grip on the 4
FA cup in tact
Losing matches that could been won
But hey that's football innit?
Doing all in Spurs way w a devil of talker Levy
Did I mention stadium?

max-smart-confused.gif

Are you also happy for your spurs to take these clubs filthy oil money in exhange for superstars like Kyle Walker, and replacing them with these inferior players you would rather see wear our shirt.
If you're happy with all this, then you're a hypocrite.
I don't think this is at all hypocritical, John. For me, there's a big difference between being owned by an entity that wants to fuck around with the identity of your club and selling to one.

See all the cunts who've been struggling to find words since we last lost an EPL game are now out in force ... John Thomas ... Justin ... same old shite

and this is about as cuntish as it gets ....

"We've been reliable flat track bullies under Poch but something is missing against the top teams"

Since we last lost to City ... who remember are the EPL champions by a mile ....

Spurs 2 - 0 Utd
Dippers 2 - 2 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 Woolwich
Chelsea 1 - 3 Spurs

What an utter feckwit comment .... one defeat and the trolls all rear their ugly little heads ....

All I said is that it was a terrible performance . Am I not allowed to say that ? Ok, we were superb yesterday . Defensively solid. There you go, is that better ?

But you have avoided my question ClosedAccount542 . Do you think its right that this morally superior Spurs, your spurs that you do not wish to see buy success, should charge these extortionate elite ticket prices which outflank every other club in the prmier league.
If you're happy with all this, then you're a hypocrite. If you aint happy with this anomaly, then why are you happy to settle for second best.
It don't really add up mate.

He thinks you're an utter cunt ... and frankly we all agree ...

Why does it hurt, getting beat the way we did . It exposes weaknesses that we believe we didn't have. We looked the Spurs of old , no idea how to combat the brilliant play by City. I guess we all felt we had moved on from them crap days. We have, until we play a better side . Losing is not the problem it's how you lose .
Losing always hurts but I think the last won hurt more due to many detail rwasons like it was the oil city and was after Kanes goal fiasco feat his daughter plus our beloved coach made a wrong decision again starting Lamela instead Son.

All I said is that it was a terrible performance . Am I not allowed to say that ? Ok, we were superb yesterday . Defensively solid. There you go, is that better ?

If you hate on Spurs that much why bother posting? you're just one negative cunt 90% of the time ... City are the feckin' EPL champions ... 'it was a terrible performance' ... the same performance, from the same players, that's seen us go unbeaten since last time we played City, good enough to beat Utd, Chelsea, Woolwich ... so hands up City were very good ... that doesn't make us shite ... it does make you a moaning troll ... as per feckin' usual ....

Shame on every single match goer who left Wembley last night with 10 mins to go plus 4mins extra time.
You are not football fans, You are not THFC supporters, You are i***ts.
The worst scenario is 30 mins or 1 hour less sleep which will not kill you.
It is f-ing Saturday night. The maximum wait for a train is 30 mins.
The stadium was nearly empty with 5 mins to go, WHY?!
Sorry, but who the fuck are you to decide which of our match going fans are real THFC supporters or not. You don't know their individual circumstances. A good number will be lifelong ST holders who have put £1000's into the club coffers.
Im amazed so many of you agreed with this shit.

For me, the problem is not that you're critical, but that you're only ever critical. Here, for example, is your contribution to our historic 1-3 win at the Laundrette.

Pre-match

Sick to death of this fixture . We never win. We bottle it every time . Always do . They play like world beaters, and we can’t string 3 fucking passes together and look as shaky as a shitting dog. One of their defenders will hit some 44 yard screamer in the top corner . That fucking idiot cunte will be jumping around like a twat.
Sick of it , every fucking time. 25 years of the same shit there . Won’t be watching. Not watching any football until the next fixture. Fuck England aswell.

It’s a guaranteed shit performance and a loss for us. Always is. Cant believe people are actually looking forward to this.

I’m gonna just sit in silence in my front room with the tv firmly off !!

He still is an alcoholic . He was pissed as a rat on talksport covering a game a few weeks ago.

He is probably laying there thinking, why him ? When he thinks of Alan Brazil

I will be. Phone and radio / complete silence for 90 mins.

Post-match

Jesus wept. Unbelievable .

Edit: I should add that this wasn't a reaction to the win, but to a previous post poking fun at pre-match melters.

Cheers mate nice one. Saves me having to watch those muppets on match of the day

He is trying to run them along the lines of being self sufficient , hence why conte and their fans are getting the arsehole . So that time may well be coming soon

Given the magnitude of this win and its importance in the race to secure Champions League football next season, your reaction to our win over this nazi scum was, at best, understated.

I don't think this is at all hypocritical, John. For me, there's a big difference between being owned by an entity that wants to fuck around with the identity of your club and selling to one.
Really? So if a nasty villain mugged the nice old lady next door and robbed her life savings, then offered to buy the car you had for sale on the driveway, you would willingly sell to the cunt if you knew the source of his funds?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom