Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m a huge fan of his, he’s the best keeper we’ve had in my lifetime, but Hugo was at fault against Chelsea, Stoke and for 2 goals today.

He was also lucky to not be sent off for the penalty.

Slightly worried about him at the moment.
Agreed. Honestly, if Vorm starts in the semi-final I'm not gonna make a fuss

Sorry if my choice of word upset you. I just wanted to praise our magnificent support on an otherwise disappointing night.
There are few clubs in Europe that could regularly pull in 80,000 for a league fixture. I'm just proud that we're one of them
It didn’t upset me, it bored me. As for magnificent support maybe, but the atmosphere reminded me of an excitable gymkhana with all the chattering. We need noise, not numbers.

That was an absolutely terrible performance by us. Ugh. I'm extremely disappointed. Not melting, honest! But there's really not a lot of positives to take from any of that. Roll on Brighton.

Also having games at 7:45 on Saturdays every week is going to get old very fast.

That was an absolutely terrible performance by us. Ugh. I'm extremely disappointed. Not melting, honest! But there's really not a lot of positives to take from any of that. Roll on Brighton.

Also having games at 7:45 on Saturdays every week is going to get old very fast.

Really bizarre performance, completely incoherent with a load of mistakes. Not at all Poch-era Spurs like.

I’m a huge fan of his, he’s the best keeper we’ve had in my lifetime, but Hugo was at fault against Chelsea, Stoke and for 2 goals today.

He was also lucky to not be sent off for the penalty.

Slightly worried about him at the moment.

it was not a penalty. and definitely nowhere near a red card given we had cover. yes, at fault for the other goals you mentioned. but a feature of the entire team tonight was not knowing if to sit back or press.

it was not a penalty. and definitely nowhere near a red card given we had cover. yes, at fault for the other goals you mentioned. but a feature of the entire team tonight was not knowing if to sit back or press.
Oh yeah, the "penalty". I've not read through the thread as I can imagine it's not exactly an unpleasant experience, but I hope there's plenty of criticism of the referee. A referee should not be getting decisions as clear as that wrong. That wasn't the only time he messed up. It was an awful display.

Although even if it was a penalty it wasn't a red card, so I guess he did get that correct at least.

son not starting showed our intentions. had no one to stretch their defence, take em on or try and get in behind. We were really poor defensively and today it showed why we miss toby (sanchez is a good young defender but is not in the same class) he got caught way too many times and if they finished their other chances, it could have been worse. generally as a team we didn't sit back and play on the counter, nor did we press them and get on the front foot. It needed to be one or the other. Some actual structure and organisation to the performance. Apart from 20 mins second half where I thought we were good. The dele against Chelsea is the one we love and the one that performed well last season, but the one today was frustrating, faffing about on the ball way too much. lots of players were really. Make the pass or do something but don't be indecisive and then lose the ball! Kane also really poor, and clearly way off the pace fitness wise. To see him make a run and not even look at the player with the ball and then not see the pass coming was what led to their attack, free kick and two corners, 2nd of which turned into a goal. Just very very disappointed we had no game plan at all. Just didn't know what I was watching. Not like us. We have to react and fast, Brighton Tuesday and then a in form united team in the semi. 7 points now to Chelsea. Please do not fuck up top 4.

Not unique to new fans. Most of the venemous cunts I’ve seen at the lane are middle aged and been going for years
Yes, I agree, but I didn’t mention new fans. The Spurs’ experience has really deteriorated imo. We’re coming over as the most entitled cunts out there - probably an exaggeration, but not too wide of the mark. I certainly don’t enjoy going anymore, but hey ho, that’s just me.

Feel really flat after that. I just felt as there was no fire in our bellies, no creativity and hardly any goal mouth action. The ref and linesmen didn't help our cause either. Erik and Jan were probably the only two that deserved any praise tonight, and Lucas added a dash of excitement when he came on. Not that I know a lot about tactics, but I felt that playing a back three meant our midfield was lacking. Losing is one thing, but there was no fight from us tonight. Maybe they had the semifinal on their mind! Ah well, it's over now, onwards and upwards.

Policeman? I defended Sammy and you jumped straight in with the ‘cunt’ and ‘drunk’ stuff - like I’m not allowed an opinion. If I’m a policeman you’re the head of the FSB. You’ve learned well from your mentor. You even use his insults, phraseology and devotion to unfunny acronyms.

I gotta say Joe he's right,you probably don't realise it. But you do act like some kind of policeman. Jumping all over everyone the way you do.

You just need to be aware.

Feel really flat after that. I just felt as there was no fire in our bellies, no creativity and hardly any goal mouth action. The ref and linesmen didn't help our cause either. Erik and Jan were probably the only two that deserved any praise tonight, and Lucas added a dash of excitement when he came on. Not that I know a lot about tactics, but I felt that playing a back three meant our midfield was lacking. Losing is one thing, but there was no fight from us tonight. Maybe they had the semifinal on their mind! Ah well, it's over now, onwards and upwards.
Did we play a back three?

We were shite first half and that’s what killed us, the ref was soft but they deserved a comfortable win. It may not technically have been a penalty but if that challenge happened in midfield he probably would have been sent off, so can’t moan really. Lost to the better team, sometimes you have to hold your hands up

BT the biggest Danish Newspaper: "Tottenham skuffede mod Pep & co: Men Eriksen scorede - og han får nok lov at beholde målet!" I will translate "Tottenham disappointed against Pep & Co. But Eriksen scored - and he will keep the goal!" ha ha ha

actually my translation was not 100% correct that makes it even funnier
BT the biggest Danish Newspaper: "Tottenham skuffede mod Pep & co: Men Eriksen scorede - og han får NOKlov at beholde målet!" I will translate "Tottenham disappointed against Pep & Co. But Eriksen scored - and he will PROBABLY keep the goal!" ha ha ha it's so so funny

Yes, I agree, but I didn’t mention new fans. The Spurs’ experience has really deteriorated imo. We’re coming over as the most entitled cunts out there - probably an exaggeration, but not too wide of the mark. I certainly don’t enjoy going anymore, but hey ho, that’s just me.

Hate going to Wembley for league games with a passion

Disappointing... I moaned before about teams not turning up against City and we did just that really. At times it was like having AVB flashbacks we looked very out of our depth. So strange to see us like that now days!

Hopefully we just had one eye on the cup, and this type of performance will not be repeated.
At least we have a chance to put things right quickly on Tuesday.
COYS.

Back
Top Bottom