Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane should be dropped.

Obviously he always wants to start, and he obviously thinks he can catch Salah, but he was in shit form before he got injured, and now he's a handicap ambling about the pitch.

No point rushing him back and playing with 10 men. Hardly pressed, and barely had any touches at all.

No reason why we couldn't have gone with Lamela/Son/Alli as at Swansea.

But, he also isn't the reason we lost.

Pochettino once again screwing up. No idea how to play City, no idea on subs. What the hell was Sissoko brought on for? Lamela and Dembele taken off?

Dier was woeful, not for the first time, but we might never win anything with Poch with this showing.

Isn't the first time in a big game he's fucked up tactically. Always slow to react, inane subs and can't drop his fave players even though it's best for the team.

Kane may want the Golden Boot, but fuck me, on that showing, he wouldn't score a goal for a year. Give it up. Not like you tried much at all. Why are you even on the pitch if you're not fit? Selfish.

And all that overshadows Lloris' mistake central showing again. Awful performances all around.
Seriously, what the fuck is up with some people.
Kane is disabled and won't score for a year.
Poch is a fuck up and we'll never win anything with him.
Dier is shit.

I've never heard a worse melting response on here in my life, and three numpties agreed with it!
I'm sending this to the authorities as evidence why Saturday night games should be banned

Last edited:
Well that was all a bit shite.

Right team selection for me but wrong tactics. Far too many players had an off day.
Top that off with the ref being the biggest Cunt going and you’re in for a definite defeat.
We were so disjointed in the first half it was like watching an AVB side.
Biggest highlight was how good Moira looked when he came on, he really should get more game time.

This might sound strange but we seem to play better after we’ve had a game in midweek, you’d think it was the other way round?
Thank God we’ve got Brighton before next weekends semi-final.

It was the weirdest feeling playing at 19-45 on a Saturday evening, can’t remember EVER doing that before. It was strange having a few beers after the game, normally you have to rush home as work the following day.

That was our first league defeat since mid December so we can allow the team one bad game as long as we learn from it and put in a better performance for the remainder of the season, especially against Man Utd.

Onwards and upwards.

actually my translation was not 100% correct that makes it even funnier
BT the biggest Danish Newspaper: "Tottenham skuffede mod Pep & co: Men Eriksen scorede - og han får NOKlov at beholde målet!" I will translate "Tottenham disappointed against Pep & Co. But Eriksen scored - and he will PROBABLY keep the goal!" ha ha ha it's so so funny

Yeah it’s absolutely hilarious, it’s so original, do you know what? I think that newspaper are the first to ever crack that side splitting joke.
You’d have thought that others would be joining in with similar type attempts at humour, but nothing.

our buildup play and transition from defense to attack is slow and measured compared to city's. they have all the time in the world to reset their defense while we safely pass the ball around the back. its fine while we are level or ahead, but trying to play from behind like that is difficult and ineffective.
And yet it produced our longest undefeated run in 50 years,
But let's just change all that shall we?

I think Toby is well and truly done with us to be honest.
Wasn't anywhere near the team tonight (which was telling) but hasn't been for the past few months (which is comforting, cos we've been alright without him... up until tonight!)

Tonight was more about the mentality of the players who WERE playing... and that they fell for the 'aura' of Multi-Billion funded Oil Rich City...

Rather than playing the GAME against a bunch of money obsessed individual mercenaries, who have just lost 3 on the spin, and MIGHT JUST have been entertaining some self doubt that WE could've taken advantage of!

But no.... we believed the hype, and went full out submissive recipient who couldn't wait to take their turn to be spanked!
You do know how much they spent on that team and it's manager, dont you?
It's not like we just lost to west Brom or Huddersfield.
I know we are all hurting, but let's keep some perspective

You do know how much they spent on that team and it's manager, dont you?
It's not like we just lost to west Brom or Huddersfield.
I know we are all hurting, but let's keep some perspective

COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Let us not forget how much that cry baby manager has asked for and been given.

One loss in the Premier this year.......to the Champions elect.

If we find a gem who just flowers and develops. A Bale, maybe a Sessegnon, even a Saha or a Malcom, then we might just have that additional player at a reasonable price for 2/3 years who makes that key difference.

We cannot compete in the market for cordon bleu players and they nearly always are that extra that winning teams require.

Not unique to new fans. Most of the venemous cunts I’ve seen at the lane are middle aged and been going for years
Ah, but there's a difference... venemous cunts they may be... but despite all the venom, the middle aged oId timers wouldn't consider switching allegiances with half a dozen games to go, just cos of one lousy performance/result!

Couldn’t find my STs. Afternoon of fruitless searching.

Really should have taken that as a sign and stayed at home. Bloody awful. I hate Wembley still.

Will find them today within 10minutes if looking I guess.

Turn the page we go again.

COYS.

Hopefully we just had one eye on the cup, and this type of performance will not be repeated.
At least we have a chance to put things right quickly on Tuesday.
COYS.
...not with one eye on the Cup we won't!

Need to put next Saturday firmly out of our minds, or else Tuesday will be a total mess!

Not a great night, we were over run in the first half, but getting in 1-2 at half time, I thought we would push on in the second half but we never tested their keeper, despite a lot of possession.

City are a good side but given the money they have spent, it's no surprise. It was also interesting watching pochs behaviour on the touchline compared to the histrionics of the city manager, poch has so much class and conducts himself so professionally.

On the plus side, Jan vertonghen was immense last night, Sanchez was not at his best, but is young and will improve. Hope Toby enjoyed picking up his wages this week while his team mates played.

And moura needs more game time, extra minutes this season and with a pre season with poch and his coaches and we have a great addition to the squad

Not unique to new fans. Most of the venemous cunts I’ve seen at the lane are middle aged and been going for years

I don't disagree Steed Train, but I'm a middle-aged supporter (hopefully not one of those you mention) and where I'm sat I'm surrounded by three things
  • empty seats of ST holders who can't be arsed to turn up
  • tourists
  • young guns dressed in pastel jumpers with their girls who think standing up and flicking the wrist at oppo supporters who are stood 100 yards away somehow makes them Billy Big Bollocks - and they're just as critical of the team, except they haven't got the years of experience to realise how lucky they are
Like many others, I don't enjoy it like the old days but I blame the Premiership money for ruining the game anyway, and I expect those kids will say the same 30 years from now.

Bad results always bring the mood down - top 4 this year with CL in NWHL will have been a damn good season

I feei the game was written off before we started. Too much respect for City. Sitting deep is not us, we needed to be on the front foot . Saying that, we push up, they scored, becuse they can. Getting beat is never nice but you learn, they were the better side. We move on and put this behind us. COYFS

We turned up at 2-0 down, as per, but with City in that form it’s all too late.

Let’s not be silly about it, they played us into the ground first half. We gave up the center of the pitch. Game over.

To be fair we gave it a go, but Poch got caught with his pants down and didn’t dare to be bold I’m afraid.

Lloris, whatever, I don’t blame him, it was a collective downer although I feel Trippier was fucking excellent.
You all know my thoughts on Harry’s performance, who knows what would have happened had he decided to break sweat once or twice

I was looking at the game on MOTD today, agreed we started too slow, Sane could have easily had us 1 down and our system had us exposed, their opener was simple, I've seen some blame Lloris, but it was ultimately a one on one that had split us in half before that point. The second goal, while never a penalty, was still a rash challenge and just 3 minutes after the first goal, those few moments killed the game.

We were too deep but we have played that way before against Dortmund for example, but if you give up possession to City, they will dominate. I was surprised to see Man City won possession 52/48% I thought we didn't have that much possession. We gave ourselves no margin of error against a team who knew how to take advantage.

I think that first 15-20 minutes of the second half we looked better but you got the feeling City could have gone up a gear, they also had enough chances to bury the game by more than a 2 goal margin. Also we didn't create enough meaningful chances and even in good positions we were hesitant or well marked.

In context City had a point to prove, we were not sharp enough against a team who knew how to exploit us. We have to take this defeat in the same way and come back like a wounded animal because we're about to play 2 highly motivated teams in the next 7 days.

I thought Jan was superb at times and though Sanchez was caught out at the first goal, I thought he did well at times too, he is just 21 and he's going to get better. We made life very hard on ourselves in the way we begun the game and the amount of space we afforded them.

On Wembley it is in so many ways not the Lane and I'm not going to miss it but to it's credit, when you live on the North West end of the metropolitan line, getting to a Spurs game will never be this easy!

Back
Top Bottom