Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This annoyed me too! I'm not that partisan as fans go but all the fawning over them. Just fuck off!

We all know city are a good side, the league table does not lie, but as a spurs fan I am spending time and money to get behind my team, not sit there and just coo over their midfielder making a pass!

I am very partisan and am very vocal at matches, I have calmed down a bit in the last few years with the language as I have my boy with me....although he has some right outbursts at times! Always told him what happens in the stadium stays there but during a match I still get wound up by fans that turn up, sit in silence and only moan when something goes wrong!

I miss the shelf and park lane, which is probably why I detest Wembley so much.

One thing I noticed yesterday was the amount of ' football tourist's. Not getting behind the team and one gimp behind me telling everyone in earshot what a great team city are. He soon shut up when a fan beside me told him to shut the fuck up and go in the away end if he loves city that much.

I am also finding the south Korean flags cringey as well, I am presuming they are there to support son rather than spurs?

I hate wembley, the large crowds just water down our support in parts of the stadium, hopefully this will not be the case when we return home.

The post was fine, apart from what I underlined.

Being a Global brand, can only be good and if that means people raise a national flag, it does NOT equate to anything more than their respect for the player who happens to play for US.

If people like Son bring awareness to our Club through his actions on and off the field, that is a bonus. Being an elite athlete that represents us elicits a sense of pride to the nation. Good for us and good for him. $$$ globally.

Mo Salah has Egyptian flags flowing... no problem there .

The tourists have been there at every game this season apart from the domestic cup games and maybe the Dortmund match. It's a Saturday night match at Wembley versus Man City on the warmest night of the year so far. It was to be expected!

I'm pissed off though, pissed off that we weren't able to get tickets for the semi-final next week. We went to the replays against Newport and Rochdale, the latter the coldest I have ever felt. For that alone we deserve tickets for the Final!

Totally get that with the tickets, I knew I had no chance of one.

And watching the game next week I will have to view empty seats in the corporate area by the dug outs as the tossers are more interested in drinking shit beer and ogling the waitress than being at the game

We've been on a pretty amazing run, losing once in a while is why we're not winning the title this season. City really had something to prove after their last couple of performances, they have refocused... gone back to what they do well and we were the victims.

Individually certain players were poor:

Lloris had another very poor game, that third goal bothered me the most, shocking.

Tripps looked well out of his depth and agitated by it.

Dembele is great but never plays the ball through the air or over the top, only ever along the ground

Kane looked like he was chasing the boot, in tricky games he has been the difference when he drops deep and is part of the transition as it messes the oppo shape and gives us more in the middle of the park.

City who's resource seem unlimited still have off games, this was one of ours.

We all know city are a good side, the league table does not lie, but as a spurs fan I am spending time and money to get behind my team, not sit there and just coo over their midfielder making a pass!

I am very partisan and am very vocal at matches, I have calmed down a bit in the last few years with the language as I have my boy with me....although he has some right outbursts at times! Always told him what happens in the stadium stays there but during a match I still get wound up by fans that turn up, sit in silence and only moan when something goes wrong!

I miss the shelf and park lane, which is probably why I detest Wembley so much.

Yesterday someone near me was going on and on about how good KDB was. Decided to counter it with slagging off Sterling's finishing. He did score a few mins later.

The post was fine, apart from what I underlined.

Being a Global brand, can only be good and if that means people raise a national flag, it does NOT equate to anything more than their respect for the player who happens to play for US.

If people like Son bring awareness to our Club through his actions on and off the field, that is a bonus.

Mo Salah has Egyptian flags flowing... no problem there .

I know what you mean, modern football I guess, lots of old school spurs can't go, been priced out, can't get a ticket or whatever reason and dilutes our vocal support but as long as the club can make more money eh??!!

I know what you mean, modern football I guess, lots of old school spurs can't go, been priced out, can't get a ticket or whatever reason and dilutes our vocal support but as long as the club can make more money eh??!!

I respect that and understand the downside.

Sadly, it is all about the money, exposure, and so forth.
I don't for one minute dispute the cost of " success".

My point being that as much as we want to reach greater heights, it will come at a cost..

I meant no ill will to tragic supporters, but rather that with international awareness comes success, and as a result price pain.

Totally get that with the tickets, I knew I had no chance of one.

And watching the game next week I will have to view empty seats in the corporate area by the dug outs as the tossers are more interested in drinking shit beer and ogling the waitress than being at the game
I thought cup semi tickets had gone to members?

Nail on head your comments about the atmosphere and tourists, by the way. Can't wait to get back to Tottenham. 3 (+2, hopefully) games to go and we are there. Even in the new stadium it will be mostly ST holders therefore a proportion of the tourists and fans who only come to the big games will be lost, though I'm sure it will be worse than the old place.

As someone above pointed out, some of the mistakes made in the 3-1 yesterday were almost exactly the same as in our 4-1 reverse to the same team earlier in the season. That's why I don't see this as just a 'bad day at the office' as it's not a one-off issue - if you're making the same errors (that also happened against Juve) then that points to structural problems that needs addressing. I'm confident we'll do that.

Btw if there's 200 million to spend in the summer as rumoured I would spend that on two new full backs and maybe a deep-lying midfielder. Would like to see Wanyama given more of a chance - maybe he can be that player?

it was not a penalty. and definitely nowhere near a red card given we had cover. yes, at fault for the other goals you mentioned. but a feature of the entire team tonight was not knowing if to sit back or press.

I completely agree with your point on the team.

However for me lloris definitely brought down sterling, he was on the edge, but the ruling states if your on the edge moving into the box it’s a pen.

And for me if he rounds lloris he’s scores so probably a red card. However a penalty is probably sufficient punishment I guess

We were crap, but I don't think this can be easily dismissed as a bad day at the office. We've been reliable flat track bullies under Poch but something is missing against the top teams - look at our record against good opposition over the last few years in all comps. I'd like to see Poch take more initiative when responding to the tactical shifts of the likes of Guardiola, Allegri...

Or let’s look at our record this season against the top clubs.

Man Utd - Check
Woolwich - Check
Liverpool -Check
Chelsea - Check..

The only team that has got the better of us is Man City and we are not the only ones to have that record.

And last season Poch finished above Guardiola.

Or let’s look at our record this season against the top clubs.

Man Utd - Check
Woolwich - Check
Liverpool -Check
Chelsea - Check..

The only team that has got the better of us is Man City and we are not the only ones to have that record.

And last season Poch finished above Guardiola.

...and we lost matches to all of them too, apart from Liverpool who are in the CL semis. Not at all controversial to suggest that the next step in our evolution as a team is to tighten up a bit against other big teams. We are beating everyone else.

We make similar mistakes in a few big games this season. Poch is doing a great job and could do better in a few ways - he's a great manager and will I'm sure rectify it.

Thank fuck. Btw, you sound like Audere and Arc’s lovechild. You’ve got all their phrases down pat. Sleep well you old plagiarist.

Halfway through the litre bottle of Jameson’s when you posted this

Probably finished it 1am

Still sleeping it off?

Pathetic

I completely agree with your point on the team.

However for me lloris definitely brought down sterling, he was on the edge, but the ruling states if your on the edge moving into the box it’s a pen.

And for me if he rounds lloris he’s scores so probably a red card. However a penalty is probably sufficient punishment I guess
Sterling is a cheating little toe rag . Diving whenever someone gets near him ( he even throughs his arms out as he falls down and turns with that gormless face to show innocence). He certainly made the most of Lloris late arrival. Not a pen for me and never should be. Its galant to see everyone ignore the blatant diving from most players but accepting it, its ruining the game. Sterling is up there with the best and our players are not shy in going over easy either. Its a poor side of the game and should be slaughtered at every moment until it stops.

It didn’t upset me, it bored me. As for magnificent support maybe, but the atmosphere reminded me of an excitable gymkhana with all the chattering. We need noise, not numbers.

Joe Cunt the forum policeman strikes again

I thought cup semi tickets had gone to members?

Nail on head your comments about the atmosphere and tourists, by the way. Can't wait to get back to Tottenham. 3 (+2, hopefully) games to go and we are there. Even in the new stadium it will be mostly ST holders therefore a proportion of the tourists and fans who only come to the big games will be lost, though I'm sure it will be worse than the old place.

Yeah semi has gone to members. Not sure how many LPs exactly needed.

Anyone who has been a member for quite a while should be able to get a ticket though.
(Especially as a lot of people who were members got STs this year so that would have affected the loyalty points requirements).

If the new stadium lives up to its billing about keeping noise in and the south stand does what it says on the tin it should be fine.
Think north will make some noise too. Seen quite a few people on forums and social media saying they are going there.

On a slightly deeper level, I had to agree that City played some great football yesterday and of course their fans enjoyed it - why wouldn't they. We were also made to watch again the limitations of some of our players. BUT

It comes back to this - if you had the choice would you rather we were a City - funded by a billionaire and buying 3 new superstars each year who stay with the club for 2 years then piss off to PSG after they'd won the league or, would you rather a team that was top 4 and brought on the youngsters.

I know we're going to be biased but I can't help but conclude, personally, that I'm happier supporting Spurs than I would be City. I think I would be one of those City supporters that now says "supported them for 30 years but I don't go any more, the titles mean nothing". I think.....!

And that seems to me to be a pretty fundamental difference of support. I don't scream and slag off our lads because they're our lads, and most of them have shown loyalty to my club. So I wouldn't replace our full backs with better versions now even if you offered me a superstar. I'd rather watch our lads do their best and lose occasionally than I would watch a superstar pull a Spurs shirt on and win every week. And there are supporters sat all around me at Wembley who clearly feel otherwise - they just want us to win, end of.

Sorry to state the obvious, and I'm sure it's been debated elsewhere - it's just watching City that brought it to the surface. In short - I'd rather admire them as someone else's football team, than have them as my own.

...and we lost matches to all of them too, apart from Liverpool who are in the CL semis. Not at all controversial to suggest that the next step in our evolution as a team is to tighten up a bit against other big teams. We are beating everyone else.

We make similar mistakes in a few big games this season. Poch is doing a great job and could do better in a few ways - he's a great manager and will I'm sure rectify it.
Agree-Poch needs to find a way.
We have to reflect on the days before top 4. Finishing 5th was a result then, but now would be very disappointing. I hope this isn't Poch's legacy . Hopefully, we go to the next level with him.

to make that extra-step and win something, it's necessary to build a solid defense but first of all a solid defensive phase. We are never coordinate in the movements back there, too many spaces in between, those little things that will never let us close the gap with teams above us and win something big.
Sanchez is a total mess and i can't see him becoming a top defender. He's tough he has a big body, but that's it and it's not enough to be a great defender, he's not smart and he can't guard good players.

Agree-Poch needs to find a way.
We have to reflect on the days before top 4. Finishing 5th was a result then, but now would be very disappointing. I hope this isn't Poch's legacy . Hopefully, we go to the next level with him.

Indeed. Not a 'melt' or a beef - genuinely interested in how we get a bit better. I still think we're slightly short - don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the ride.

Back
Top Bottom