You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Macch, 25 Jan 2018.

1. Hotspurio

• Like x 5
  2. rusty

he did well against the hammers, don't know if he ran out of steam or it was Snodgrass foul on him, but late in the game he did go off the boil

• Agree x 1
  3. Arthur Wensleydale

Ran his heart out yesterday, I fully expected him to get subbed as he was knackered.

West Ham, like everyone else had no answer to him. That run posted almost reminded me of a certain J Greaves.
    There, I've said it.:hugoshock:

• Like x 4
  4. Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser

He's a very exciting player to watch, and he wins and keeps balls that he seem to be a lost cause. However, his end product tends to be lacking.

• Agree x 5
  5. Park Lane Mark Twain

I think if he had an end product we wouldn't be seeing him in a Spurs shirt Mrs P. If he adds to it and suddenly clicks he could become a major player with his dribbling abilities

• Agree x 3
  6. Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser

TBH, I think that too :)

• Like x 1
  7. Guido

• Like x 4
  8. Totti

Lucas. STOP REPLYING TO TWEETS REGARDING THIS.

9. Clynelish

Yeah, such a naivety, perhaps someone at the club should tell him to stop with this nonsense.

• Agree x 2
  10. Tomo

Supporter

Lucas needs to get off Twitter. Twitter is full of nasty trolls and mobs, scum basically.

• Agree x 2
  11. Samisspurs

#2011 Samisspurs, 2 Nov 2018
    Last edited: 2 Nov 2018
    He obviously greatly cares about spurs fans making judgements about him based on what he sees as half information. Spurs 'fans' that can't differentiate between the talented footballer, and him clashing with their own political beliefs should leave him alone and get a life.

You're right though, Twitter is like haemorrhoids, the less of it the better.

• Agree x 2
  12. Five

Supporter

While you're at it, lads, could you ask him to stop talking to himself and making bizarre gesticulations before and during matches?

13. Totti

Solid game today and a great defensive header to prevent us from going a goal down in the first half BUT does anyone else think having him and Kane on the pitch at the same time is a hindrance?

14. Airfixx

Swollen Member

Thought we lost a bit of a grip on the game when he went off, tbh.

Much better than Sonny when it comes to chasing/pressing... No major worries on that front tho'; just different weapons for different battles...

I'm sure between him and Poch they'll suss out what he needs to do to integrate his game better with the others (inc. Kane)... Given the amount Poch (IMO) has improved him already; it's exciting to see what he'll become...

I predict he'll end up more Lamela than Sonny.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  15. Anping Bu

The Spurs 11

I love Moura, such a great player to watch, I don't know why PSG thought he was excess baggage, especially when he started scoring more goals when they played him more often.

16. BriPelli

Bit of a puzzle even though he has been one of my favourite players this season.First PL game he doesn’t start is our best performance. Still feel him and Son could be very much like mane/Salah. But that means dele/eriksen in a 3 behind.

17. Totti

I've said for the majority of the season that Lucas and Son can't start together and it should be one of the other depending on opponents. I've also been saying Kane looks better when Lucas is off the pitch.

Yesterday proved those two things COULD be true. He's still a wonderful player to have though and I'd start him against Inter.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  18. stevee

I agree with you re Kane looking better without Lucas, I said a while ago that when Lucas plays it's almost like a 2 up top.
    Lucas is clear;y a good attacking player but I have doubts about him when we don't have the ball. I'm not sure if his work rate is lacking or his fitness because he certainly doesn't track back as much as Son, Lamela etc. This in turn exposes our FBs, leaving us stretched in the wide areas.

19. Joshking5

I see the exact opposite. I think Lucas is the more defensively sound. . .

• Agree x 1
  20. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

I wouldn't read too much into it

On another day Poch will make us destroy someone with a combo involving Lucas. Even Lucas with Son together.

Poch be full of surprises and evolves every season.

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info