Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he did well against the hammers, don't know if he ran out of steam or it was Snodgrass foul on him, but late in the game he did go off the boil

Lucas. STOP REPLYING TO TWEETS REGARDING THIS.

He obviously greatly cares about spurs fans making judgements about him based on what he sees as half information. Spurs 'fans' that can't differentiate between the talented footballer, and him clashing with their own political beliefs should leave him alone and get a life.

You're right though, Twitter is like haemorrhoids, the less of it the better.

Last edited:
Solid game today and a great defensive header to prevent us from going a goal down in the first half BUT does anyone else think having him and Kane on the pitch at the same time is a hindrance?

Solid game today and a great defensive header to prevent us from going a goal down in the first half BUT does anyone else think having him and Kane on the pitch at the same time is a hindrance?

Thought we lost a bit of a grip on the game when he went off, tbh.

Much better than Sonny when it comes to chasing/pressing... No major worries on that front tho'; just different weapons for different battles...

I'm sure between him and Poch they'll suss out what he needs to do to integrate his game better with the others (inc. Kane)... Given the amount Poch (IMO) has improved him already; it's exciting to see what he'll become...

I predict he'll end up more Lamela than Sonny.

I love Moura, such a great player to watch, I don't know why PSG thought he was excess baggage, especially when he started scoring more goals when they played him more often.

Bit of a puzzle even though he has been one of my favourite players this season.First PL game he doesn’t start is our best performance. Still feel him and Son could be very much like mane/Salah. But that means dele/eriksen in a 3 behind.

Bit of a puzzle even though he has been one of my favourite players this season.First PL game he doesn’t start is our best performance. Still feel him and Son could be very much like mane/Salah. But that means dele/eriksen in a 3 behind.

I've said for the majority of the season that Lucas and Son can't start together and it should be one of the other depending on opponents. I've also been saying Kane looks better when Lucas is off the pitch.

Yesterday proved those two things COULD be true. He's still a wonderful player to have though and I'd start him against Inter.

I've said for the majority of the season that Lucas and Son can't start together and it should be one of the other depending on opponents. I've also been saying Kane looks better when Lucas is off the pitch.

Yesterday proved those two things COULD be true. He's still a wonderful player to have though and I'd start him against Inter.
I agree with you re Kane looking better without Lucas, I said a while ago that when Lucas plays it's almost like a 2 up top.
Lucas is clear;y a good attacking player but I have doubts about him when we don't have the ball. I'm not sure if his work rate is lacking or his fitness because he certainly doesn't track back as much as Son, Lamela etc. This in turn exposes our FBs, leaving us stretched in the wide areas.

I agree with you re Kane looking better without Lucas, I said a while ago that when Lucas plays it's almost like a 2 up top.
Lucas is clear;y a good attacking player but I have doubts about him when we don't have the ball. I'm not sure if his work rate is lacking or his fitness because he certainly doesn't track back as much as Son, Lamela etc. This in turn exposes our FBs, leaving us stretched in the wide areas.
I see the exact opposite. I think Lucas is the more defensively sound. . .

I wouldn't read too much into it

On another day Poch will make us destroy someone with a combo involving Lucas. Even Lucas with Son together.

Poch be full of surprises and evolves every season.

Back
Top Bottom