You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Macch, 25 Jan 2018.

1. stevee

Really ?
    I mean he's great at pressing higher up the pitch, but IMO doesn't like tracking back.
    I can only assume that Poch wants him higher up the pitch using his pace etc.

2. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

This season he has tracked properly

Made a key header in the box to defend vs a counter attack recently, the clip was great.

3. stevee

Fair do's
    Maybe I'm just remembering his earlier games and judging him on that.

4. Totti

I think both Lucas and Son are relatively poor defensively (one of the main reasons I would never start both) but in a 433 it's not entirely important

• Agree x 2
  5. CSWY

Supporter

Lucas is a fantastic player and clearly has the ability to turn a game. However, he’s a few years behind Sonny and Lamela in terms of PL experience and it shows. He’ll keep improving but he’s not got the astuteness or awareness to consistently compete with the others at the moment, in my opinion. It sounds harsh, but he’s an off the bench luxury option until he fully gets to grips with the league.

• Agree x 2
  6. Wallander

Lucas comes alive when he gets the ball. He's an old school winger. His dribbling is unbelievable. Once he gets fully adept at the off the ball movement and connects with the others he'll be electric.

Sonny is a different kind of wide man. He is the perfect archetype for a modern forward with his speed and movement. He can use both feet to dribble and shoot, he is a great in and around the box. He is a livewire and has a special spark of individualism in his locker.

Hopefully we get to see both of them together firing at some point. It's a great dilemma to have though to leave one out.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
  7. Park Lane Mark Twain

Lucas Moura this season - 20 games played, 6 goals 0 assists

Erik Lamela - 15 games played, 6 goals, 2 assists

Heung-Min Son - 17 games played, 4 goals, 3 assists

I said at the start of the season all three should be striving for a combined 15 goals & assists each across all competitions this season, all on track to smash that. I can't think of too many rotation players in the league that can chip in like these boys do every now and then & it wouldn't surprise me if all of them break the 20+ goal & assist barrier with 25% of the first half of the season still to play, the FA Cup games &s the European knockout games.

Definitely doing their bit as we chug on

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
  8. Clynelish

I think it's also always interesting to see the minutes played / (goals + assists), although it doesn't tell the whole story:

Lucas: 1466 / 6 = 244
    Lamela: 803 / 8 = 100 (!)
    Son: 1005 / 7 = 144

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  9. Park Lane Mark Twain

I try to lean away from stats as being absolute markers for player performance but at the business end of the pitch these guys are definitely playing a big part in how the squad does this year.

Really impressive numbers, especially from Lamela & Lucas. It'll keep others on their toes for sure

• Agree x 1
  10. BriPelli

11. kingdawson

What do you mean? He's turned into a very good player.

12. Totti

He isn't playing against farmers in Brazil anymore?

• Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. TWO2HEY

Yes Lucas! Yes!

• Funny x 1
  14. Samisspurs

I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

• Like x 1
  15. CroSpurs

Such an inspiring player. Love him!

• Like x 1
  16. Spursdem

17. Guido

Two years ago, at Camp Nou, the improbable happened, and I came out crying from the stadium. It was practically the end of my trajectory at the PSG. Today, on the same stage, it happened again the unlikely, but today I come out crying for joy... +

It's practically the beginning of my career in Tottenham. God specializes in writing new stories. His plans are not the same as ours, and his time is the same as ours. He knows all things and has always the best for us... +

• Like x 9
  18. Jerry

He looked so emotional after scoring. As if he was overwhelmed by the moment, and its significance in his career.

Love the guy. He’s an extraordinary talent that we’re lucky to have. Still can’t believe we actually signed him.

• Agree x 2
  19. Rocket

Did you see his tweet (I think) contrasting his last trip to Camp Nou with his most recent? I think he just feels like he has found somewhere he’s comfortable and happy. He obviously wasn’t at PSG. Seems to me he’s just grateful someone took the chance on him and he’s only to pleased to be able repay that faith.

• Agree x 2
  20. Airfixx

Swollen Member

....Voodoo Chile?

Me too.... Big Hendrix fan.

• Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info