Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure there's many brits who think Katie Hopkins has a point with some of her vile comments too.
And even then that's different because we don't know the exact issues Lucas supports him on do we?
I get why people still have an issue with it in the sense that better than bad ain't good.

But you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.
People who agree with Katie Hopkins are just as bad tbf

Uh oh.

Lucas is going to get schooled here.

That yedlin kid is an embarrassment, anything for a few retweets eh. Lucas has the right to his political opinion just as much as anyone else, it’s embarrassing how our own ‘fans’ are publicly trying to dig him out or forcefully change his opinion by ridiculing him

The truth is you won't give a shit what Lucas believes if he keeps delivering on the pitch.

For a more nuanced take, Lucas is a big boy who can make his own political decisions. He clearly believes crime and corruption are the biggest problems facing Brazil. As a result, he's backing the candidate that seems the strongest on those two issues. The candidate has a lot of baggage, but beggars can't be choosers and all that.

I think you are helping make my point- even though not every Trump voter or supporter describe themselves as "alt-right", even though these individuals may support some or none of those things you've mentioned, even though the actions you describe were only engaged in by certain individuals, it's now become a standard catch-all accusation against anyone who supports Trump generally: Trump voter/supporter = alt-right = nazi worship/white supremacy/conspiracy theorist. It's a lazy way to vilify a whole group of people who do not share the same political views as you- "Don't bother with X- they're an alt-right troll!"

There was only one instance of a car running over a counter protester. It was pretty uniformly denounced by all (sane) people involved yet you've included it as a standard feature of an entire "bloc" of people. That is the danger of broad and lazy labeling I am talking about.
The term liberals is also one of these lazy labels.

Is he supporting a fascist in the same way that people who support Donald Trump are also supporting a fascist? Or is this guy literally a fascist? Genuine question.

Because according to the hard left "verified gang" on twitter, anybody who opposes their viewpoints are nazi loving homophobes and sexists who love facism and want everybody dead, this has been a trend on the left wing for quite some time now sadly, it's one of the reasons I don't consider myself on either side of the political spectrum anymore, it's become a mud flinging contest.

I think people need to get off social media and start living in the real world, it's an epidemic of hot takes on there, always someone lined up for the chopping blocks under these so called "social justice" types.
It’s pretty bad on both sides of the spectrum, the tactics and tone of voice are different. But both right and left are just point scoring non stop, directly or indirectly. This thread has some fine indirects too for instance. Every piece of info, every discussion is the same shit with people not really listening, lots of them not even realising that their opinions are so heavily influenced by the way they perceive the messages,the message and the opposing wings opinion. Is it from the “others” then i immediately oppose it, that type of thinking.

There’s a level of ignorance and indoctrination on a level I ve never seen before, divide and conquer tactics and people just go along with it, left and right.

It’s pretty bad on both sides of the spectrum, the tactics and tone of voice are different. But both right and left are just point scoring non stop, directly or indirectly. This thread has some fine indirects too for instance. Every piece of info, every discussion is the same shit with people not really listening, lots of them not even realising that their opinions are so heavily influenced by the way they perceive the messages,the message and the opposing wings opinion. Is it from the “others” then i immediately oppose it, that type of thinking.

There’s a level of ignorance and indoctrination on a level I ve never seen before, divide and conquer tactics and people just go along with it, left and right.

I completely agree that both sides of the spectrum are just as bad as one another when it comes to point scoring.

However, I will say this, less than 6 years ago I would have considered myself a liberal because in my mind being a liberal means to stand for free speech, it means to stand up for what is right and what is just, it means to listen and debate and refute points with logic and intelligence but after watching the left implode upon itself and trying to censor conversation and police language, trying to ban people and silence voices rather than debate them (even if they are hateful ones, they disagree with) I have to say, it's pretty hard to consider myself liberal these days.

I am more of a centrist now, I find both sides are just as ridiculous as one another when it comes to resorting to cheap tactics, however I would be a complete liar if I said I didn't find the political correctness and virtue signalling of the left to be far more dangerous in terms of social interaction. (Not to mention annoying.)

The far right is easy to combat, I mean, nobody likes blatant racists, white supremacists or any other group such as that, nobody who is sane anyway.

However, the far left hides behind "tolerance" and "inclusiveness" to mask their shady political goals, and they hide behind a sense of virtuous behaviour to hide the reality of their own intolerance and the second anybody calls them on it, they swarm upon them and use silencing tactics.

In the 90s it was the American conservative right that were trying to censor speech and ban things that would go against their puritan vision for the world, sadly now, it's the left which is resorting to these tactics, it feels like a cult in many ways.

Obviously I know not everybody on the left feels like this and the same goes for the right, sane people do exist on both sides, sadly, the minority of these sides hijack the conversation and often are amplified the most, therefore putting an easy image at the forefront to hate.

At the end of the day, we see what we want to see, I am probably just as biased as anybody, I just wish people would accept that sometimes you will disagree with someones views and it's ok not to immediately assume the worst about them. (like in this case with Lucas.)

I completely agree that both sides of the spectrum are just as bad as one another when it comes to point scoring.

However, I will say this, less than 6 years ago I would have considered myself a liberal because in my mind being a liberal means to stand for free speech, it means to stand up for what is right and what is just, it means to listen and debate and refute points with logic and intelligence but after watching the left implode upon itself and trying to censor conversation and police language, trying to ban people and silence voices rather than debate them (even if they are hateful ones, they disagree with) I have to say, it's pretty hard to consider myself liberal these days.

I am more of a centrist now, I find both sides are just as ridiculous as one another when it comes to resorting to cheap tactics, however I would be a complete liar if I said I didn't find the political correctness and virtue signalling of the left to be far more dangerous in terms of social interaction. (Not to mention annoying.)

The far right is easy to combat, I mean, nobody likes blatant racists, white supremacists or any other group such as that, nobody who is sane anyway.

However, the far left hides behind "tolerance" and "inclusiveness" to mask their shady political goals, and they hide behind a sense of virtuous behaviour to hide the reality of their own intolerance and the second anybody calls them on it, they swarm upon them and use silencing tactics.

In the 90s it was the American conservative right that were trying to censor speech and ban things that would go against their puritan vision for the world, sadly now, it's the left which is resorting to these tactics, it feels like a cult in many ways.

Obviously I know not everybody on the left feels like this and the same goes for the right, sane people do exist on both sides, sadly, the minority of these sides hijack the conversation and often are amplified the most, therefore putting an easy image at the forefront to hate.

At the end of the day, we see what we want to see, I am probably just as biased as anybody, I just wish people would accept that sometimes you will disagree with someones views and it's ok not to immediately assume the worst about them. (like in this case with Lucas.)

There’s a lot here that I agree with, but I think part of the problem is the disproportionate balances of power. Historically the right tend to be those who ‘have’, and the left those who ‘have not’ (I’m speaking broadly here). The right tend to have more financial and military muscle, and in recent decades, the media to support them, whereas the left are usually on the side of the marginalised and less capable of defending themselves (which sadly but perhaps inevitably leads to desperate acts of militant retaliation).

Clearly it’s not as simple as that, but generally I see it as the right punching down from a position of power, and the left punching up from a position of weakness. Of course, when the left gains the upper ground their leadership tends to gravitate swiftly to the right, under the pretence of heading a leftist state or regime.

If people with leftist leanings seem to be more sensitive to any support of the right, it’s usually because they feel that they have a lot more to lose.

As for Lucas Moura, I haven’t read anything to suggest he’s about to declare a one-man war on the poor and needy.

Ronaldinho Gaúcho (@10Ronaldinho) on Twitter
Do3GXJCXgAE5Ufs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom