Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's coming from Hackett apparently

Did any of you read the article btw?

Makes reference to a comment Moss made - “Martin, have you got anything from TV?”

Whether the decision was for or against us - this could open up a can of worms if it turns out 4th officials have been secretly checking TV screens to advise the main official in critical decisions

Then again - Hackett's comments here are astonishingly bad. Claims Lovren did not deliberately aim to clear the ball when in fact you can clearly see him swinging and missing (mostly because he's shit). Wtf?
Indeed, I'm opposed to VAR. It has been shit when I've seen it and introduces as many, or more, new problems as it tries to solve.

If these cunts think it's ok to introduce VAR through the back door then they should be dealt with in the most serious manner.

Hacket :

'' In my view, however, Lovren did not play the ball deliberately if he had been, the ball would have been cleared upfield so it should have been immediately ruled offside. ''

Those comments are just embarrassing, has he gone senile or maybe suffering with something else ?
And I'm asking this seriously, that comment would be hilarious if it wasn't meant to be a considered view .
That will be the Lovren who was at full stretch trying to cut out the pass to Kane. If that was accidental what was he doing - lunges to pass the time between attacks?

When fouled by some ne'er-do-well from the opposition, I would simply pull a leather glove from one's shorts and slap the cad about the face. For serious foul play I would offer the gentleman's challenge of a duel at dawn. Swords being the weapon of choice.
Oiks.

Pistols for me!

Antique of course

Never Mind the Bollocks

I guess you had to be there. The guy in question wasn't manhandled or roughed up, but it would be a lie to suggest that he knew he was getting an emergency hair cut. It was all part of a skit at an end of course piss up

An ex brother in law of mine was a Bootneck

Complete arsehole

I was so upset he made it back from the Falklands

Hacket :

'' In my view, however, Lovren did not play the ball deliberately if he had been, the ball would have been cleared upfield so it should have been immediately ruled offside. ''

Those comments are just embarrassing, has he gone senile or maybe suffering with something else ?
And I'm asking this seriously, that comment would be hilarious if it wasn't meant to be a considered view .
I love how he doesn't even consider the possibility that Lovren is just a bad player.

All academic now, of course, but given Kane's position when Dele made the pass, would the goal have stood if, rather than slice the ball into Kane's path, he'd sliced it back over Karius and into the net?

From a corner kick would be an obvious one because doesn't it count as the goal line and the fact technically the ball can't be played forward?

Not really, I thought about that too, but it could be that the ball is placed as far to the left of the "D" as possible:

stock-photo-soccer-football-on-corner-kick-line-of-ball-and-a-soccer-field-football-field-background-texture-672571363.jpg

Today, the ball is barely in the "D" so you could get another 40cm to the left in that picture.....
If all the defenders are lined up on the 6yrd box marking up, you could have one player right on the byline on the edge of the 18yrd box and the ball played diagonally forward to him.

The worrying thing is this is a perfectly legal move, yet I bet 9 out 10 times it would be flagged offside, and if it wasnt, and led to a goal, you would have all the nonsense we are having now, by people who dont know the rules.

I also dont get the "deliberate" thing.

If a player is standing in an offside position, and his team mate kicks the ball away from the goal (back up the pitch towards his goal) but it smacks off a defender, goes the other way and puts his player through on goal, why the fuck should that be given as offside??

It came off the defender, who cares if he meant it.

Are offsides ever given from corners? I must admit I've never really paid much attention to it. Is the linesman really trying to look to see if the ball is 'played forward' from a corner to a player in an offside position? does an in swinger count as a forward pass or a backward pass? :sonhmm:

I must admit my first assumption would be that it doesn't matter where the ball is played from in the 'd' as it all technically counts as the goal line.
You cannot be offside from a corner, no matter where in the D the ball is placed. Nothing to do with playing sideways, it's just a rule, same as throw-ins and goal kicks.

Back
Top Bottom