Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Simple, we've got our Tottenham back. We are seeing the football we used to see and that's all we want.

No Daniel, fuck off

This club had a history of winning silverware, we haven’t got jackshit back unless Heung Min Son is lifting a trophy in May.

There is literally a tweet on the page before this quoting Levy

“I want to win as much as anyone else."

I've also seen quotes from politicians and public authorities: "We are committed to enabling equity and fairness for all".

What on earth is your point here?

The other poster was comparing quotes from Ange and Levy, lamenting how Ange said he wants to win and Levy just saying he want good football.

According to the tweet I saw about 5 before that poster's comment, their ascertain is incorrect.

If you want to debate whether anyone's words can ever be trusted that is another discussion I feel.

There is literally a tweet on the page before this quoting Levy

“I want to win as much as anyone else."
Apparently, it didn't matter that we didn't win the champions league final or really push on. It didn't matter that, after 3rd and 2nd placed finishes, we really didn't take advantage.
Because, and I quote the club at the forum, "it came ahead of plan"

Massive opportunities missed. And they're not the only examples. Entertaining January near the top with Redknapp and sitting on their hands in the January window?

This kind of behaviour is repeated throughout the reign and I doubt it'll ever change.
Don't win anything too soon because "we didn't plan to do that yet"

Apparently, it didn't matter that we didn't win the champions league final or really push on. It didn't matter that, after 3rd and 2nd placed finishes, we really didn't take advantage.
Because, and I quote the club at the forum, "it came ahead of plan"

Massive opportunities missed. And they're not the only examples. Entertaining January near the top with Redknapp and sitting on their hands in the January window?

This kind of behaviour is repeated throughout the reign and I doubt it'll ever change.
Don't win anything too soon because "we didn't plan to do that yet"

Doubt it will ever change yet we have bought first team players in the last two January windows.

OK.

Ange was really the last choice on Levy's list.

I dont think he was ever on Levy's list, just like Poch wasnt. Ange was on Munn and the data team's list. There is no was Levy has the nous to get some Aussie in from Celtic. He would just have gone with whoever Paratici said. He gets credit for going with Munn's advice but that is as far as it goes.

Yeah and do you believe him?

Personally I'm of the opinion that he's full of shit.

I mostly believe him but I don't think he has been prepared to do everything he could have to achieve it.

I believe he thought he could win by hiring Jose and Conte but didn't realise what it would actually take to get the to succeed.

The idea that the owner of a football club point blank would not want to win a trophy, to me, is absurd....even if it was just for the financial rewards.

I mostly believe him but I don't think he has been prepared to do everything he could have to achieve it.

I believe he thought he could win by hiring Jose and Conte but didn't realise what it would actually take to get the to succeed.

The idea that the owner of a football club point blank would not want to win a trophy, to me, is absurd....even if it was just for the financial rewards.

It's not like they wouldn't want to see us win silverware but it most definitely isn't a priority for them either.

They're not embarrassed by it, it's us fans that are the butt of all the jokes not the owners.

Back
Top Bottom