Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's partly blaming the fans though, at best he's sharing the blame but he's certainly not taking ownership of the decisions that HE made!

Levy should've been a Tory MP with spin like that.

I understand where you're coming from but I just don't see it that way. He also said:

"The strategy was 'let's bring in a trophy manager'. We did it twice and look you have to learn from your mistakes."

Let's be honest, so many of us didn't like either Mourinho or Conte before they were hired (including me) but we were okay with it because they could maybe get us that little extra to push us over the edge and win something. Levy did the same thing. Looking back it was the totally wrong strategy, set us back a few years, and made frustrations even worse.

Acknowledging that he was feeling the pressure from supporters isn't an issue to me at all as long as there was also acknowledgement of their mistakes.

View: https://x.com/spursofficial/status/1704551674130424238?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Credit where is due, this is a good quote and he has finally delivered on the style of football.

Now it’s about follow through and not bottling it.

He might be saying what many want to hear, I will reserve judgement on this, at the moment it's just words.
At the moment, it's been nice watching the better brand of football along with winning.
Ange is doing well so far, but we have two games coming up that, traditionally we struggle in, we need to be ready for when things get a bit bumpy because they will.

I think Ange will be as successful as Poch. Where Poch was then denied funds to take it up a notch, Ange will be in a similar position. Levy had an excuse with the stadium spending, but won't have excuses the next time. Make or break for Levy/ENIC. Not that they'll ever go till they're good and ready.

I think Ange will be as successful as Poch. Where Poch was then denied funds to take it up a notch, Ange will be in a similar position. Levy had an excuse with the stadium spending, but won't have excuses the next time. Make or break for Levy/ENIC. Not that they'll ever go till they're good and ready.
They ain’t going nowhere until the Northumberland Development Project is complete that’s for sure.

Comes across like shifting blame onto players and fans to me

"It wasn't my fault I hired Conte and Mourinho,
All the fans shouting at me made me do it"

Nah, I think Levy is sincere. The noise around us ever since the stadium opened and we played the CL final, was that we had to win a trophy. From the media, from the fans, and even as Levy acknowledges here, from some players (we can all imagine who). I understand why he would get swept up in that as it’s all anybody ever talks about with Tottenham. That we never win trophies. So I get why he tried to win via the shortcut of hiring a winning manager rather than building a modern team properly. I got swept up in it too.

Comes across like shifting blame onto players and fans to me

"It wasn't my fault I hired Conte and Mourinho,
All the fans shouting at me made me do it"
If all the fans shouting at him made him act, he'd have left YEARS before!
Credit where is due, this is a good quote and he has finally delivered on the style of football.

Now it’s about follow through and not shitting it.
FIXED! Surely?

...there's obviously a theme with me tonight!

Interesting from levy here if he’s telling the truth. Which players were pressuring him for Mourinho and Conte then? Can only be one obvious one…

View: https://x.com/rots1882/status/1704208312886063299?s=46&t=iEaWUqHxKoZgFwd7iE42Mg

Indeed. I think Ally Gold also concluded that it was Kane given how much he raved about working under Conte, etc.

Harry is a superb player, and I loved him, but I genuinely think the dressing room may be more balanced with him no longer here.

Indeed. I think Ally Gold also concluded that it was Kane given how much he raved about working under Conte, etc.

Harry is a superb player, and I loved him, but I genuinely think the dressing room may be more balanced with him no longer here.
Definitely, its understandable when you're the best player and have so much pull at a club, your ego is bound to skyrocket into borderline cuntoff territtory. Not exactly the same but Rashford does my nut in with his fairly recent emotionless response to scoring as if he's some god, Kane albeit not the same level of cuntishness was defo having a similar enough effect on the rest of thw squad, where he was stuck in his own (michael) buble. As Ally Gold effectively said, largely because of the #angeeffect, we don't miss him anywhere near as much as we'd expect, and that's cool man.

Back
Top Bottom