Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmmmm… if it’s in the interests of the Shareholders.

Chelsea, just blew £1Billion and have then just sold 10% odd to someone, to buy more clubs to plant their wasted spends upon (etc).

Noticed, his head (body language) shook “No” whilst the public presentation was “We’d be open to it”…

How much “Next level” would a £400m odd injection, plus £200m+ Naming rights achieve?
That line about the share holders! Not the fans, not the players, just the money men. Unbelievable.

I just can’t stand the bloke. I appreciate it’s all pointless and he could end up staying another 50 years.

It’s his tone and phony sincerity. A sort of ‘aww shucks’ shrug of the shoulders. ‘I guess I made a mistake guys! Here’s hoping I get it right this millennium!’

Yeah you don’t appear on bloomberg and give that interview unless you want investment coming forward. He doesn’t have to do that at all of course and we’ve only seen a minute of the interview so there’s zero conflict but why do the interview anyway?

On a different note Kilpatrick says the club is a listed company. They haven’t been for years. You can’t be getting that basic bit of information wrong as a journalist

Last edited:
How do you quantify the value of most marketing?

The name Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium now gets millions more eye balls everytime there is a concert or an NFL game.

How many of those knew the name of the club before?

How much do those eyeballs looking at the name make for us?
Nothing. Not a penny. So what if a Beyonce fan googles who, why or what the Tottenham Stadium is.

Just watched a bit of the levy thing

He’s just a politician , shallow words , faux sincerity incapable of taking the blame but then again the questions were pretty weak obviously chosen

Had to turn it off

Think bigger

Go to our next home match with a massive case full of empty jars, take off the lids for 30 seconds and reseal

Sell jars of Levy air

Make a killing

I'd pay at least 10k for a jar and I think many others on here would do the same
Or whoever got the last hair on Daniels head. That will be priceless. A few on here would be checking their savings.

1572.jpg
Now they can blame it all on poch!

Bit more to it than that.

Yep. Brand awareness is a vital thing. Companies pay a fortune for that kind of global marketing.

But what does it do for us?
Demonstrate how it helps? Show a tangible financial benefit.

You can't. No one can. Whereas, selling the naming rights makes it easy to quantify. It's just whether or not it's even worth it. If I was thinking of selling the naming rights, I'd put it on a 5 year cycle, because in 5 years, the annual income will probably end up pointless compared to other teams new deals.

But what does it do for us?
Demonstrate how it helps? Show a tangible financial benefit.

It's just a basic understanding of the importance of brand awareness. People try to assign a monetary value to a brand name, but it's damn near impossible to quantify at times. Just for an example of the importance, Coca Cola spends around $4B/year on advertising and branding work.

You can't. No one can. Whereas, selling the naming rights makes it easy to quantify. It's just whether or not it's even worth it. If I was thinking of selling the naming rights, I'd put it on a 5 year cycle, because in 5 years, the annual income will probably end up pointless compared to other teams new deals.

Yes, maybe, but you have to do an opportunity cost comparison. Let's say that due to the football games, concerts, the NFL, corporate events, and ever thing else that "Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" generates 250+ million impressions per year. The advertising cost alone to do that could equate to whatever we bring in via naming rights if the offer is too low. So, you picked up naming rights but you could end up profit neutral or negative depending on the level of advertising and branding spend that you'd need to make up for what the current stadium name represents.

If you didn’t like Levy before the forum, you still don’t.

If you didn’t mind him before the forum, you still don’t.

If you loved every inch of flesh on his shiny head before the forum, you still do.

Not exactly mindblowing to see the comments on here.

Back
Top Bottom