Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we weren’t because of Kane. Take Kane out, get another unsuitable manager and poor recruitment and we will be lower mid table, have a bad run and anything can happen. Only a decade or so ago Everton where a 5th level club now look at them. It’s arrogance to think we couldn’t drop hard.
Kane wasn't scoring when we had Nuno. It's only a small sample but we averaged 1.5 pts per game under Nuno which would have had us finishing at 57 points which would've gotten us 7th that season.

I'm not going to pretend that things are great at the minute, but it really is nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

If Nuno stayed the whole season we’d have been relegated. He got a honeymoon bounce but we were bottom 4 in the league across all the important metrics.
I honestly think he would've been able to implement an ok style of play which would have had us finishing around 7th-9th.

Do people understand how shit you have to be to get relegated? 40 points is a myth, 35 is enough to stay up.

Kane wasn't scoring when we had Nuno. It's only a small sample but we averaged 1.5 pts per game under Nuno which would have had us finishing at 57 points which would've gotten us 7th that season.

I'm not going to pretend that things are great at the minute, but it really is nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.
We also looked absolutely terrible under Nuno and Son was scoring steadily. As Tomo says in the his post this was fixable but we look devoid of any plan.

Levy has sleep walked into this and every day that cliff edge where their is simply not enough time is getting closer.

The fact Levy allowed Paratici to see past February is a mystery. The fact that the list of Managers we were looking at to replace Conte was not locked in by the time Conte exploded at everyone.

The fact we have gone 4 years without a stadium sponsor.

The fact as chairman he has had caretakers for a cumulative of 1.5years managing a total of 81 competitive games.

I don’t think people realise the gravity of the situation we’re in.

Relegation is a possibility within 2 years if this charade carries on. The league is too competitive.

Leicester, Newcastle Villa all example in the last 15 years of horrible ownership costing a club.
We're in relegation form right now. If the necessary changes aren't made in the summer, we could be where Leicester are now this time next season.

It will mostly likely be a freebie manager. Rogers, Glasner, Potter, Luis Enrique.

All this time we could have just got Pochettino back. We will get say Rogers and he will be sacked in 12-18 months and we will be back here again.
I think you're right and i dont see any of those lasting long. They clearly hate paying for managers, they probably thought they could get Slot for £5m.

Anyone defending them now is a troll, a contrarian. Whatever you think they once were they arent anymore and havent been for a few years. Not sure i've witnessed this level of incompetence and an inability to learn from mistakes before in any field.
Oh I'm not sure about that.
I thought they were cunts years ago and I still think they're cunts now.

Great Post.

I'll never quite get why so many of these Levy / ENIC enthusiasts are so keen to run down and belittle the great club they claim to support.

Comparing us to clubs whose fan base, match day revenue, ticket prices, wealth, and turnover is dwarfed by ours is absolutely pathetic, and to be honest, downright insulting.
Man you laugh and make jokes about Rodgers being manager! Only a week ago you’re were taking about how important it if that we can laugh at ourselves.

I honestly think he would've been able to implement an ok style of play which would have had us finishing around 7th-9th.

Do people understand how shit you have to be to get relegated? 40 points is a myth, 35 is enough to stay up.
We wouldnt have gone down under Nuno but we'd have been on the upper fringes of it for a lot of the season. Maybe a 13th or 14th place finish. His points tally was padded by 3 very fortunate wins at the start of the season. It could easily go that way next season with another bad appointment and a sold or pissed off Kane.

Fw9d0ElWIAAi6F2

Playing devil's advocate here, but....

Could it be said that each time Levy has given over control to someone else, we have fallen on our arse?

Poch took control of all football matters, and we crumbled within a season.

Mourinho got fucked over with the shite state Poch left the squad in and then lost all his best players to injury.

Brings in the Italians, and they hire fucking Nuno in some stupid attempt to get into bed with Mendez...and then throw all out money at Conte who laughed his way to the bank.

Maybe what we need is more Levy!!

Haha

His legacy is the stadium. It’s done there is no reason for Levy to remain, he doesn’t get football I mean the game not the business and his model is decades out of date.

The cow is fattened to sell but I doubt the dinosaurs greed won’t sell for anything well over value. By the time they realise the cow has to be sold it will have gone rotten.

As for your chairman yeh well thing is some people have egos so big they will take down what they purport to love.
That last paragraph sums it up in a nutshell mate

Back
Top Bottom