Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a chance that happened, be careful of the shit you read on twitter!

I actually think the fans turning on Levy will frighten him into sanctioning some transfer activity this month.
Or he'll find a scapegoat.

You can even sync your calendar...
sync.png

I used to work for Apple. When a new shopping mall was opening and an Apple Store was going in there, they were announced as the Anchor Tenant. It was a positive thing. The main thing in that mall. Obviously. Above all else.

You have to have a pretty major agenda not to understand this is the same as THFC being the anchor tenant at the ground. Itโ€™s a positive. A screaming loudly positive.
It's shocking that some people STILL don't understand what 'anchor tenant' means, doesn't fit the agenda though I suppose...

It's shocking that some people STILL don't understand what 'anchor tenant' means, doesn't fit the agenda though I suppose...
According to the Oxford English Dictionary it means

Anchor tenants are typically: The largest and most prestigious tenant in the center, although a center may have more than one anchor tenant, such as in a power center or regional center. Either a department store or a major retail chain with enough prestige and popularity to attract other retail tenants and consumers.

A Tenant is ; a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Not sure why the wording was chosen if we own the debt of the stadium or are we the tenant of the investors / banks . Itโ€™s like saying you have a mortgage but are not the owners ( which you kind of are . ) was it even needed to be said ?

Apple were a tenant because they leased property in the mall, rather than owned the mall.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club own the stadium. All revenue produced by the stadium goes to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I really don't understand why this is so fecking difficult for people to understand. They aren't tenants at all.
Fair.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary it means

Anchor tenants are typically: The largest and most prestigious tenant in the center, although a center may have more than one anchor tenant, such as in a power center or regional center. Either a department store or a major retail chain with enough prestige and popularity to attract other retail tenants and consumers.

A Tenant is ; a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Not sure why the wording was chosen if we own the debt of the stadium or are we the tenant of the investors / banks . Itโ€™s like saying you have a mortgage but are not the owners ( which you kind of are . ) was it even needed to be said ?
Surprised they spelt centre in the American...

Surprised they spelt centre in the American...
The internet is a curious thing , โ€˜twas probably my iPhone autocorrecting

So if every definition states what an anchor tenant is why was it used about us? We own it , yeah ? The โ€œ Mortgageโ€ ?

Both Abs & Memps have explained that itโ€™s means prestigious tenant . Was it a typo ?

The internet is a curious thing , โ€˜twas probably my iPhone autocorrecting

So if every definition states what an anchor tenant is why was it used about us? We own it , yeah ? The โ€œ Mortgageโ€ ?

Both Abs & Memps have explained that itโ€™s means prestigious tenant . Was it a typo ?

I think this helps from our friend in Memphis...?
Apple were a tenant because they leased property in the mall, rather than owned the mall.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club own the stadium. All revenue produced by the stadium goes to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I really don't understand why this is so fecking difficult for people to understand. They aren't tenants at all.

Or perhaps this on the stadium thread (Nov 2021)
If you enjoy these things, you ought to read the MOU signed between Haringey and Spurs to redevelop North Tottenham attached to the link below. - most people are unaware of its existence

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/399561/response/976274/attach/3/THFC LBH MoU2 FINAL Signed 16 Jan.2013.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1[/URL]

Sadly Haringey decided it was more fun to do a deal with Lendlease

PS Spurs own the stadium so are not 'anchor tenants'

Or perhaps this, again from the stadium thread, and funnily enough in answer to you...
The s106 agreement says a Spurs company is the owner (not 'anchor tenants') of the ground.

No confusion

To be honest mate, I'm not bothered too much about the term.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, where Tottenham Hotspur play football and sometimes let NFL, boxing, music, job fairs, etc, etc use it for a fee from time to time.

I think this helps from our friend in Memphis...?

Or perhaps this on the stadium thread (Nov 2021)

Or perhaps this, again from the stadium thread, and funnily enough in answer to you...

To be honest mate, I'm not bothered too much about the term.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, where Tottenham Hotspur play football and sometimes let NFL, boxing, music, job fairs, etc, etc use it for a fee from time to time.
Iโ€™ve just never seen the term โ€œanchor tenantโ€ used to an owner before . Iโ€™ve googled it as I presumed it must have a meaning regarding the owner but fucked if I can find anything

The quotes didnโ€™t clear it up , sadly

I just wonder how effective your protests are on here or even at the grounds to be honest. In very recent experience NUFC and MUFC fans had months if not years of high visibility , high publicity protests against their perceived incompetent owners. Ashley sold and now the Glazers are looking to sell but both at their own time of choosing. In effect the protests were like water off a ducks back. ENIC will not and probably cannot sell up until the right price is offered and the right timing to suit their needs.
I understand why and I respect fans right to do so but it seems to me fans waste a lot of emotional energy on this stuff.

Iโ€™ve just never seen the term โ€œanchor tenantโ€ used to an owner before . Iโ€™ve googled it as I presumed it must have a meaning regarding the owner but fucked if I can find anything

I'm certain I've read a 'simple' explanation on this forum somewhere. If not too busy at work tomorrow, I'll have a look for it.

I'm certain I've read a 'simple' explanation on this forum somewhere. If not too busy at work tomorrow, I'll have a look for it.
I had a fucker of a work day , up at 5 , home at 4:30 ๐Ÿ˜

If you could , as it really makes no sense . But donโ€™t worry about it too much . Tenant only has one meaning , which , in our apparent situation, is a bit weird . But a lot of it is ๐Ÿ˜Š

An owner is NOT an anchor tenant - however some very ignorant people who hate Levy/ENIC persist in saying Spurs are just the anchor tenant or main user with other users such as NFL, concerts etc contributing to some kind of rent. The idea of the 'hate Levy/ENIC' posters seems to be to try to paint this picture of them 'stealing' from the club whereas the only money coming out of the club to Levy is his salary which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things (although I'd be very happy to receive 10% of it !).

To clarify, in all LEGAL documentation Tottenham Hotspur Limited (or one of its 100% owned subsidiaries) is shown as owning 100% of the stadium and its rights - NFL, concerts etc pay a rent to and shares event earnings with Tottenham Hotspur and help 'subsidise' the football club or add to its profits

Hope that helps

How many times have we heard this type of interview from him though.

He is a bit fickle, I'm sure he'd change his tune after a couple of months if we picked up.

I'm abit biased as im not his biggest fan ๐Ÿ˜†
He's a grade a cunt. Literally spewing shit out of his mouth like verbal diarrhoea, our paul Merson.

This is him just 4 months ago!!

Please make this cunt stop, utter embarrassment.

An owner is NOT an anchor tenant - however some very ignorant people who hate Levy/ENIC persist in saying Spurs are just the anchor tenant or main user with other users such as NFL, concerts etc contributing to some kind of rent. The idea of the 'hate Levy/ENIC' posters seems to be to try to paint this picture of them 'stealing' from the club whereas the only money coming out of the club to Levy is his salary which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things (although I'd be very happy to receive 10% of it !).

To clarify, in all LEGAL documentation Tottenham Hotspur Limited (or one of its 100% owned subsidiaries) is shown as owning 100% of the stadium and its rights - NFL, concerts etc pay a rent to and shares event earnings with Tottenham Hotspur and help 'subsidise' the football club or add to its profits

Hope that helps
So why did the official site call us that ? Aidan Mullally put it in a club statement

โ€œโ€œIt is an NFL stadium and thatโ€™s the key message,โ€ he said. โ€œFrom the very start during the design phase, we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the US.โ€โ€

Or is he just an idiot who doesnโ€™t know the meanings of words ? You started you post with a false statement as to what the club has said. Why?

Last edited:
So why did the official site call us that ? Aidan Mullally put it in a club statement

โ€œโ€œIt is an NFL stadium and thatโ€™s the key message,โ€ he said. โ€œFrom the very start during the design phase, we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the US.โ€โ€

Or is he just an idiot who doesnโ€™t know the meanings of words ? You started you post with a false statement as to what the club has said. Why?

I am guessing Aidan Mullally is trying to entice more NFL business by making that statement to make NFL feel at home by saying the stadium was designed for NFL and they are somehow equal as users/tenants with Spurs. Just my guess though.

Its classic salesman type talk. But also recited ad nauseam by the 'enic out brigade' for their own reasons

I'd never take that sort of talk as stating the correct legal position - just as talking to an Estate Agent (real Estate Agent in US) about the legal position of property, where they often simplify something and consequently mis-state the correct legal position. I've met that on many occasions, Nice people but don't take their word on something outside their field of expertise - which is why a lawyer is used to look at property transfers

And is why I've posted legal documents stating that the owner is Tottenham Hotspur to ensure people are not misled.

I am guessing Aidan Mullally is trying to entice more NFL business by making that statement to make NFL feel at home by saying the stadium was designed for NFL and they are somehow equal as users/tenants with Spurs. Just my guess though.

Its classic salesman type talk. But also recited ad nauseam by the 'enic out brigade' for their own reasons

I'd never take that sort of talk as stating the correct legal position - just as talking to an Estate Agent (real Estate Agent in US) about the legal position of property, where they often simplify something and consequently mis-state the correct legal position. I've met that on many occasions, Nice people but don't take their word on something outside their field of expertise - which is why a lawyer is used to look at property transfers

And is why I've posted legal documents stating that the owner is Tottenham Hotspur to ensure people are not misled.
Right , so youโ€™re saying that a statement made by the club , given to all media outlets & could be produced in a court of law , is telling fibs in order to flash our knickers at the NFL ?

A statement regarding a billion pound project was so loose in its wording that it chucked in a property term that only has one meaning โ€ฆโ€ฆ but
didnโ€™t mean it ? Iโ€™m mean to be honest , nothing would surprise me with ENIC but these are planned , purposely crafted statements.

Iโ€™ve been also looking into the guarantors of our debt , presuming itโ€™s Tavistock / ENIC whoever but itโ€™s very elusive. it appears to state that we alone are responsible for it , yet the word tenants is used ?!

I find that fishy

I bet it has more to with language or context than simply Levy out.
I get banned from facebook regularly for jockingly saying things like "thieves should have their hands cut off"
Apparently that kind of thing really triggers their woke AF algorithm, but you're allowed to steal peoples profiles and ty to scam money from people.

Yes I got a weekโ€™s ban for saying that people who put curry sauce on chips should be taken outside and shot!

Obviously a joke ffs

Back
Top Bottom