Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazon, Google, Starbucks and many more are well known for not having to pay corporation tax, despite us all knowing their revenues because of creative accounting. Investigated by the very same people you mentioned. Our elusive owner himself is a tax exile. But it's ok, because Steve believes the figures.
Why would they do something illegal when they can legally take money out of the club ?

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

Why would they do something illegal when they can legally take money out of the club ?

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games
Missing what I'm saying now, I was pointing out that companies can misuse accounts to fit their agenda but OK, I'm the one with the tin hat.

We have increased revenue. That is not being put back into the club in terms of investment in players, proportional to the increase in funds.

It's not in the accounts.

Where is it then?

Don't actually reply, because you already have your mindset. There's no money, it magically vanished. The accounts said so.

Missing what I'm saying now, I was pointing out that companies can misuse accounts to fit their agenda but OK, I'm the one with the tin hat.

We have increased revenue. That is not being put back into the club in terms of investment in players, proportional to the increase in funds.

It's not in the accounts.

Where is it then?
It's why , since fans have been allowed back into the stadium we have massively increased our wage bill and we're the 3rd highest spenders in the league.

You haven't looked at the accounts, so you don't know
But apparently it's not in the accounts.

Even if you did look at the accounts, you wouldn't believe them.

Back to your original delusion;

ENIC creams the revenue and profit from other functions

This is illegal.

Why would they do something illegal when they can take money out of the club legally through a share dividend ?

hmmm, this graph seems to back up the calls that the board haven't been backing the team
es-football-prem-graphic.jpg
Ooh, the Levy our mob won't like that.
They'll say it's lies, out of date and irrelevant.

5th highest revenue.
5th highest spenders.
Every team above us has higher revenue

Seriously though, do you have the link to that ?

Imagine if we’d just built a football stadium … the saving, that could have potentially gone into funding the squad . Twickernam & Wembley seem to be able to host NFL , other football grounds hold concerts

It’s clear, through their own wording a , entertainment centre has been built . It’s maybe a good idea in the very long term but perhaps , ENIC or Tavistock should have funded that side of it , if they were so keen to have it as it’s only added to our debt.
Also nonsense. The stadium was built almost exclusively with debt at very favorable rates. The NFL pitch has already paid for itself, anyway, but even if it weren't it's cost is <£10M/yr.

People who think if we hadn't built the sliding pitch we could have plowed £200M into the squad don't understand anything about finance and construction of capital assets. That isn't at all how anything works.

Also, in bringing up Twickenham and Wembley as NFL/concert hosts you've proved the point. Those stadiums are rarely used grounds to begin with, and one has a surface for a sport that's not fussed with the abuse an NFL match deals it. The other has months after the NFL to repair the pitch for football.

Without the sliding pitch we could not host NFL games or nearly as many other events on non-Spurs match days. The stadium can be converted from world champion boxing match fit out to a Spurs match in less than 24 hours. No other stadium in Europe can do that - that's all extra income. Income that, because the stadium is owned by Tottenham Hotspur and not ENIC, goes to the club.

The irony is people think ENIC built the stadium for multipurpose for selfish purposes when it literally adds revenue to the club. Which is why the anchor tenant bullshit is so ludicrously wide of the mark. Plenty of reasons to have the hump with ENIC/Levy, the stadium is absofuckinglutely not one.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the high ticket prices have been set to help pay off the new stadium debt?

I'm just wondering the reasoning behind the high ticket prices since we now know from Conte offically letting the cat out of the bag that we ain't chasing major trophies ie CL nor PL,

Also nonsense. The stadium was built almost exclusively with debt at very favorable rates. The NFL pitch has already paid for itself, anyway, but even if it weren't it's cost is <£10M/yr.

People who think if we hadn't built the sliding pitch we could have plowed £200M into the squad don't understand anything about finance and construction of capital assets. That isn't at all how anything works.

Also, in bringing up Twickenham and Wembley as NFL/concert hosts you've proved the point. Those stadiums are rarely used grounds to begin with, and one has a surface for a sport that's not fussed with the abuse an NFL match deals it. The other has months after the NFL to repair the pitch for football.

Without the sliding pitch we could not host NFL games or nearly as many other events on non-Spurs match days. The stadium can be converted from world champion boxing match fit out to a Spurs match in less than 24 hours. No other stadium in Europe can do that - that's all extra income. Income that, because the stadium is owned by Tottenham Hotspur and not ENIC, goes to the club.

The irony is people think ENIC built the stadium for multipurpose for selfish purposes when it literally adds revenue to the club. Which is why the anchor tenant bullshit is so ludicrously wide of the mark. Plenty of reasons to have the hump with ENIC/Levy, the stadium is absofuckinglutely not one.
I've never had any issue with Enic regarding the stadium and non-football related business side of the club. They are smart businessmen.

My problem is with their handling of the footballing related activities where they have consistently made poor decisions. Much of that comes down to an accountant like Levy taking charge of football matters when he really isn't the best person for that role.

I used to work for Apple. When a new shopping mall was opening and an Apple Store was going in there, they were announced as the Anchor Tenant. It was a positive thing. The main thing in that mall. Obviously. Above all else.

You have to have a pretty major agenda not to understand this is the same as THFC being the anchor tenant at the ground. It’s a positive. A screaming loudly positive.

Anyone know if the high ticket prices have been set to help pay off the new stadium debt?

I'm just wondering the reasoning behind the high ticket prices since we now know from Conte offically letting the cat out of the bag that we ain't chasing major trophies ie CL nor PL,

They can get away with it. We are mugs and we pay.

Debt is fine, it’s a lot but tiny year on year. £800m spread over around 20 year low interest bonds. It works out at about £50m per year but the new stadium generates I think about £100m more than the old so we are net £50m positive. Think of it as a mortgage rather than a credit card. Debt isn’t a problem for us and to be fair the finances have been very well managed.

Back
Top Bottom