Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They can get away with it. We are mugs and we pay.

Debt is fine, it’s a lot but tiny year on year. £800m spread over around 20 year low interest bonds. It works out at about £50m per year but the new stadium generates I think about £100m more than the old so we are net £50m positive. Think of it as a mortgage rather than a credit card.
Thanks for that information.

We won't need to buy any £50m sort of players if top 4 and CL group stage is our ambition.
It seems like we've thrown the towel in against the super rich clubs in the PL. It's like we've gone back 20 years and our cup final is winning the NLD.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have Poch back, he hit those targets more often than not. I was bemused by his comments pre CL final ''if I win the CL with these players etc'' but now it all makes perfect sense.

Thanks for that information.

We won't need to buy any £50m sort of players if top 4 and CL group stage is our ambition.
It seems like we've thrown the towel in against the super rich clubs in the PL. It's like we've gone back 20 years and our cup final is winning the NLD.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have Poch back, he hit those targets more often than not. I was bemused by his comments pre CL final ''if I win the CL with these players etc'' but now it all makes perfect sense.

I think Levy just likes a big name manager without any concept of how they work. Our club is suited to project manager football, Poch with actual backing or Arteta at Woolwich. It’s obvious to everyone but for some reason Levy.

3-AD81-F04-1-BF7-407-E-A6-D1-C17-E551-DCD6-E.jpg
Trying to hide your email address
animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

I think Levy just likes a big name manager without any concept of how they work. Our club is suited to project manager football, Poch with actual backing or Arteta at Woolwich. It’s obvious to everyone but for some reason Levy.
The problem for Conte he won't get a super load of players to match his ambition.
Levy would be wiser to get Poch back or someone like Potter and tell them they can have two new players each window with a combined value of about £50m. And overhaul the youth academy.

The problem for Conte he won't get a super load of players to match his ambition.
Levy would be wiser to get Poch back or someone like Potter and tell them they can have two new players each window with a combined value of about £50m. And overhaul the youth academy.

We should have grabbed Ten Hag after Jose or Potter after Nuno. Conte is a better manager but not with us.

I used to work for Apple. When a new shopping mall was opening and an Apple Store was going in there, they were announced as the Anchor Tenant. It was a positive thing. The main thing in that mall. Obviously. Above all else.

You have to have a pretty major agenda not to understand this is the same as THFC being the anchor tenant at the ground. It’s a positive. A screaming loudly positive.
Apple were a tenant because they leased property in the mall, rather than owned the mall.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club own the stadium. All revenue produced by the stadium goes to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I really don't understand why this is so fecking difficult for people to understand. They aren't tenants at all.

I've never had any issue with Enic regarding the stadium and non-football related business side of the club. They are smart businessmen.

My problem is with their handling of the footballing related activities where they have consistently made poor decisions. Much of that comes down to an accountant like Levy taking charge of football matters when he really isn't the best person for that role.
Which is a perfectly reasonable position. And one I personally share.

I don't want ENIC out, they run the business of a football club better than maybe anyone. I just want Levy out of the football. Provide the DoF and manager with a budget that keeps the club in the black, focus of generating more revenue, then fuck off to the club to smoke cigars and drink scotch with the other billionaires.

Ooh, the Levy our mob won't like that.
They'll say it's lies, out of date and irrelevant.

5th highest revenue.
5th highest spenders.
Every team above us has higher revenue

Seriously though, do you have the link to that ?
“Premier League history”

Too bad ENIC bought Spurs in 2001, so irrelevant graph.

Back
Top Bottom