Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not like or respect Danny Boy , but I think that is unacceptable. I know it is simply dark humour and I am all for singing Levy out , but every club has few nutter fans and I would not want someone trying to chin him or throw something at him during a game because we ramped up the rhetoric . I would not want his family abused either , as I said Levy out or ENIC out is fine . But let’s keep hate and spite out of it , we are not Neanderthals
Football isn’t worth getting nasty over. If I bumped in to sol or levy, I would be polite with them. Not going to flatter them or anything. But I am not going to be rude or hateful.

Not true. Many have said spending big is a waste of time & they are more likely to flop. So I’d say spending on Jude is spending big wouldn’t you? In which case they have said they don’t want to do that. It’s ok, you want Jude too. Good on ya. Instead of being like them & saying he would flop or it’s a waste of time spending big.
I agree enic & levy would never go out & pay 100m for Jude even if he wanted to come. Another reason why I’d rather owners who would do that. Rather than being stuck with our average team going nowhere.
It's the wages.

ENIC don't sign this profile of player because they don't want to pay big salaries.

They improve the wages of some players, while retaining them on longer deals, in the hope they will recover the increased wages, further down the line, from an incoming transfer fee for the player.

ENIC never hesitated to sell Carrick and Berbatov. They didn't want to pay these players the wages they deserved and that were being offered to them by other clubs who would.

ENIC stuttered in selling Modric and Bale but only because they knew they wouldn't get away with once again selling them, to other English clubs, without incurring the wrath of the Spurs supporters.

They came up with the Real Madrid 'special relationship' to pull off those sales. Real Madrid got Modric and Bale; Spurs got Van der Vaart for two seasons and the 'magnificent 7' bunce.

The overall Spurs wage bill is what ENIC have been looking after. How else could Levy pay himself his salary and bonus?

Player agents have been getting wiser to ENIC and Levy's methods as the years have gone by.

Several of Spurs best players, from Poch's team, chose to run their contracts down rather than request a transfer or agree a deal with a buying club.

It is this that has killed ENIC's business model.

They are fooling nobody anymore.

Managers are reluctant to work for them, the best young players will not sign deals and the supporters continually accept what is presented to them.

Levy must know he is now on borrowed time.

ENIC have to invest in the playing squad or sell to someone who will.

No way out this time.

The alternative is to continue with the jam tomorrow trick, in the best stadium in the world, while it is half empty.

How long will that last?

Last edited:
No, you're slightly missing my point.

I'm frustrated because we haven't won trophies but it doesn't mean I want them out because I don't think the other options to replace them would be any good, if anything it would just turn us into a mercenary club which in modern day football I hate. Also, I don't singlehandedly blame the board/ENIC/Levy as the reasons we haven't won any trophies.
You’re frustrated but want them to carry on even with their bad trophy record. So I don’t think you really want trophies as much as you claim when you support owners who are terrible at winning them. We just see it differently. I also see no signs of us winning trophies soon with enic. Where as I’d assume you do or else you want owners who you don’t think will get us trophies.

That kinda post is not ok.
Yeah thats gross. I want him gone now but there is a line. I dont dislike Levy as a person like i did Sugar but time is up imo. I was as anti Alan Sugar as they come, couldnt and still cant stand the tosser but i was there the night he decided to sell when we lost at home to Birmingham in the league cup and the stuff said and chanted was vile.

Last edited:
Joe Lewis is a ruthless businessman who increases his wealth constantly.
He owns ENIC, ENIC owns the majority of Spurs. Money goes through those companies.
It's not a scandal, he's not stealing money from the club. A lot of people earn money out of the club.
I don't have a problem with it. I just don't like that the club allocated funds are almost always spent on property developments and further money making schemes.
So tell me how he is making out of the club? Doesn’t take a wage, isn’t paid dividends. Are the developments being moved across from FC ownership to Lewis? Doubt it

I think he’s an utter cunt don’t get me wrong, a complete parasite but his payday is yet to come and is liquidised when we are sold

It's the wages.

ENIC don't sign this profile of player because they don't want to pay big salaries.

They improve the wages of some players, while retaining them on longer deals, in the hope they will recover the increased wages, further down the line, from an incoming transfer fee for the player.

ENIC never hesitated to sell Carrick and Berbatov. They didn't want to pay these players the wages they deserved and that were being offered to them by other clubs who would.

ENIC stuttered in selling Modric and Bale but only because they knew they wouldn't get away with once again selling them, to other English clubs, without incurring the wrath of the Spurs supporters.

They came up with the Real Madrid 'special relationship' to pull off those sales. Real Madrid got Modric and Bale; Spurs got Van der Vaart for two seasons and the 'magnificent 7' bunce.

The overall Spurs wage bill is what ENIC have been looking after. How else could Levy pay himself his salary and bonus?

Player agents have been getting wiser to ENIC and Levy's methods as the years have gone by.

Several of Spurs best players, from Poch's team, chose to run their contracts down rather than request a transfer.

It is this that has killed ENIC's business model.

They are fooling nobody anymore.

Managers are reluctant to work for them, the best young players will not sign deals and the supporters continually accept what is presented to them.

Levy must know he is now on borrowed time.

ENIC have to invest in the playing squad or sell to someone who will.

No way out this time.

The alternative is to continue with the jam tomorrow trick, in the best stadium in the world, while it is half empty.

How long will that last?
Very good post. Yes now that I think About it, the big earners have usually started on a lowish wage & have had to perform well & then rewarded with improved contracts. & as you say, they half expect to sell them on for a large transfer fee in the future. Rather than outright sign a player on a huge wage like 200k. But agents & players have wised up & now we have a lot of players we can’t shift on the wage bill.

Yeah I have always argued the wage bill gets over looked. I think when it was klopp v poch period, Liverpool were spending 100m more a year on wages roughly. We also lost players to them partly due to them offering a bigger wage. We need to up ours if we are to compete. As you say, Their business model is dead ! Players, managers, agents, chairman etc don’t want to deal with levy & his ways anymore. They need a complete change in how they run the club & their approach to issues like these. It’s outdated too. But levy is very stubborn!

I know what you’re saying about enic having to invest or sell. But I worry we have too many fans who will still go & spend on us even if we finish 7th or 8th every season so they can just ignore Disgruntled fans. But we shall see! Fans seem divided on what would happen. & I Don’t want to get my hopes up on them selling.

Yeah thats gross. I want him gone now but there is a line. I dontt dislike Levy as a person like i did Sugar but time is up imo. I was as anti Alan Sugar as they come, couldnt and still cant stand the tosser but i was there the night he decided to sell when we lost at home to Birmingham in the league cup and the stuff said and chanted was vile.
Dele Adebola's finest hour.

I remember it well.
What fun I had travelling back to the Midlands with a train full of blue noses.

The things I've endured for Spurs.

Shocked Season 4 GIF by Power

Very good post. Yes know that I think About it the big earners have usually started on a lowish wage & have had to perform well & then rewarded with improved contracts. & as you say, they half expect to sell them on for a large transfer fee in the future. Rather than outright sign a player on a huge wage like 200k. But agents & players have wised up & now we have a lot of players we can’t shift on the wage bill.

Yeah I have always argued the wage bill gets over looked. I think when it was klopp v poch period, Liverpool were spending 100m more a year on wages roughly. We also lost players to them partly due to them offering a bigger wage. We need to up ours if we are to compete. As you say, Their business model is dead ! Players, managers, agents, chairman etc don’t want to deal with levy & his way anymore. They need a complete change in how they run the club & their approach to issues like these. But levy is very stubborn!

I know what you’re saying about enic having to invest or sell. But I worry we have too many fans who will still go & spend on us even if we finish 7th or 8th every season so they can just ignore Disgruntled fans. But we shall see! Fans seem divided on what would happen. & I Don’t want to get my hopes up on them selling.
It is exactly what happened to Sugar but it has taken 20 years for the consensus to begin to wake up to it.

Levy will be trying to think of a way to persuade enough people to not give up their season tickets so the whole thing doesn't collapse around him leaving no other option but being forced to sell because the ground is empty and nobody believes in it any more.

That will be his nightmare.

So tell me how he is making out of the club? Doesn’t take a wage, isn’t paid dividends. Are the developments being moved across from FC ownership to Lewis? Doubt it

I think he’s an utter cunt don’t get me wrong, a complete parasite but his payday is yet to come and is liquidised when we are sold
There's nothing publicly available to show how much he pays himself and from where.
Which neither proves nor disproves he is earning money out of Spurs.

I bet it has more to with language or context than simply Levy out.
I get banned from facebook regularly for jockingly saying things like "thieves should have their hands cut off"
Apparently that kind of thing really triggers their woke AF algorithm, but you're allowed to steal peoples profiles and ty to scam money from people.

I bet it has more to with language or context than simply Levy out.
I get banned from facebook regularly for jockingly saying things like "thieves should have their hands cut off"
Apparently that kind of thing really triggers their woke AF algorithm, but you're allowed to steal peoples profiles and ty to scam money from people.

It was a western style ‘Wanted Dead or Alive’ poster with Levy’s face on it

It is exactly what happened to Sugar but it has taken 20 years for the consensus to begin to wake up to it.

Levy will be trying to think of a way to persuade enough people to not give up their season tickets so the whole thing doesn't collapse around him leaving no other option but being forced to sell because the ground is empty and nobody believes in it any more.

That will be his nightmare.
Honestly we get a whooping from the Goons and City twice, he’s absolutely fucked this time around IMO. That will likely see Conte walk so we sleepwalk into ST renewal period w/o a manager

I forgot all about the Morientes story , where the deal was done then levy phones up & offers to pay the agreed £8.9m over 10 years

They just hung up on him 😂

Back
Top Bottom