Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gillingham away in League 1 or Champions League final?

😆

Did Gillingham promise silverware and CL for 22 years running? Did Gillingham charge 20 years of top league ticket prices? Did Gillingham keep shitting out embarrasing soundbites of their much infamous so called ambition, yet chose Lo Celso over Bruno because of marginal price differences?

20 years. OMFG.

Because it's been 22 years of "not ENICs fault" that we keep not winning the important games, not signing the decisive players, not hiring the right managers, not even hitting the right directors.

That's why.

Yeah they keep acting like we've just been consistently unlucky and happened to have bottling managers/players but uh ... 22 years. They've had how many coaches and how many players in that time?

Fucking hell even clubs ran like shit have managed to fluke a few in that period, but apparently the answer is just bad luck? Ok... great explanation.

Did Gillingham promise silverware and CL for 22 years running? Did Gillingham charge 20 years of top league ticket prices? Did Gillingham keep shitting out embarrasing soundbites of their much infamous so called ambition, yet chose Lo Celso over Bruno because of marginal price differences?

20 years. OMFG.
I can't even be bothered to have a conversation with someone who is comparing us with Gillingham and their strategy.

Yeah they keep acting like we've just been consistently unlucky and happened to have bottling managers/players but uh ... 22 years. They've had how many coaches and how many players in that time?

Fucking hell even clubs ran like shit have managed to fluke a few in that period, but apparently the answer is just bad luck? Ok... great explanation.

By sheer coincidence, sheer random events, even a hopeless club like Pompey seems to win as much as us.

ENIC could probably have achieved the same AmBiTiOnS by flipping a coin for every single decision they made, in terms of football decisions and football outcomes.

That kinda post is not ok.
I do not like or respect Danny Boy , but I think that is unacceptable. I know it is simply dark humour and I am all for singing Levy out , but every club has few nutter fans and I would not want someone trying to chin him or throw something at him during a game because we ramped up the rhetoric . I would not want his family abused either , as I said Levy out or ENIC out is fine . But let’s keep hate and spite out of it , we are not Neanderthals

Last edited:
Should have done that in the summer, backed AC with c.£500M. Looks like the cycles of Liverpool and City are waning, another missed opportunity to challenge and guess who slide in and grasp it instead of us
I would love both those players. But many of the ‘enic in’ posters don’t as they think they’re more likely to flop if you pay big fees. Look at our team & then think last thing we need is Jude. Crazy stuff.

I do not like or respect Danny Boy , but I think that is unacceptable. I know it is simply dark humour and I am all for singing Levy out , but every club has few nutter fans and I would not want someone trying to chin him or throw something at him during a game because we ramped up the rhetoric . I would not want his family abused either , as I said Levy out or ENIC out is fine . But let’s keep hate and spite out of it , we are not Neanderthals
What about his mouth breather of a son? He’s on the clubs payroll

I would love both those players. But many of the ‘enic in’ posters don’t as they think they’re more likely to flop if you pay big fees. Look at our team & then think last thing we need is Jude. Crazy stuff.
We’d all love Bellingham enzo etc it’s just not likely we’ll spend over 100M considering our record is 60…

I could see us getting to 70/80 in the summer but that’s about it. Don’t you agree?

So what, you think he's coughed up millions and is now just waiting without earning a penny, until he sells up?

You're getting more and more insane with every passing week dude.
We are talking about Lewis? You tell me how he is earning from the club then? Yes I am saying that

Oh fuck off. Why is it you lot can't help yourselves? Every fucking time it's 'oh you want us to lose' or some bullshit .. you're the ones content with us winning fuck all for 20 years, not us !!!

There's no debating with most of you. So blinkered and entrenched now, the last handful of you defiantly standing by your posts for an ownership model the vast majority can now see has failed us completely.

And fucking hell ... my bingo card is already almost full. Can you just mention not wanting to do a Leeds as well so I can complete it?
That bit is really odd. We want them out as we want to win trophies. They want them in despite no trophies. Yet they say we don’t want us to win trophies.

We’d all love Bellingham enzo etc it’s just not likely we’ll spend over 100M considering our record is 60…

I could see us getting to 70/80 in the summer but that’s about it. Don’t you agree?
Not true. Many have said spending big is a waste of time & they are more likely to flop. So I’d say spending on Jude is spending big wouldn’t you? In which case they have said they don’t want to do that. It’s ok, you want Jude too. Good on ya. Instead of being like them & saying he would flop or it’s a waste of time spending big.
I agree enic & levy would never go out & pay 100m for Jude even if he wanted to come. Another reason why I’d rather owners who would do that. Rather than being stuck with our average team going nowhere.

We are talking about Lewis? You tell me how he is earning from the club then? Yes I am saying that
Joe Lewis is a ruthless businessman who increases his wealth constantly.
He owns ENIC, ENIC owns the majority of Spurs. Money goes through those companies.
It's not a scandal, he's not stealing money from the club. A lot of people earn money out of the club.
I don't have a problem with it. I just don't like that the club allocated funds are almost always spent on property developments and further money making schemes.

That bit is really odd. We want them out as we want to win trophies. They want them in despite no trophies. Yet they say we don’t want us to win trophies.
No, you're slightly missing my point.

I'm frustrated because we haven't won trophies but it doesn't mean I want them out because I don't think the other options to replace them would be any good, if anything it would just turn us into a mercenary club which in modern day football I hate. Also, I don't singlehandedly blame the board/ENIC/Levy as the reasons we haven't won any trophies.

Back
Top Bottom