Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the wages.

ENIC don't sign this profile of player because they don't want to pay big salaries.

They improve the wages of some players, while retaining them on longer deals, in the hope they will recover the increased wages, further down the line, from an incoming transfer fee for the player.

ENIC never hesitated to sell Carrick and Berbatov. They didn't want to pay these players the wages they deserved and that were being offered to them by other clubs who would.

ENIC stuttered in selling Modric and Bale but only because they knew they wouldn't get away with once again selling them, to other English clubs, without incurring the wrath of the Spurs supporters.

They came up with the Real Madrid 'special relationship' to pull off those sales. Real Madrid got Modric and Bale; Spurs got Van der Vaart for two seasons and the 'magnificent 7' bunce.

The overall Spurs wage bill is what ENIC have been looking after. How else could Levy pay himself his salary and bonus?

Player agents have been getting wiser to ENIC and Levy's methods as the years have gone by.

Several of Spurs best players, from Poch's team, chose to run their contracts down rather than request a transfer or agree a deal with a buying club.

It is this that has killed ENIC's business model.

They are fooling nobody anymore.

Managers are reluctant to work for them, the best young players will not sign deals and the supporters continually accept what is presented to them.

Levy must know he is now on borrowed time.

ENIC have to invest in the playing squad or sell to someone who will.

No way out this time.

The alternative is to continue with the jam tomorrow trick, in the best stadium in the world, while it is half empty.

How long will that last?
It looks like the ENIC model is to follow the Dortmund route.
Secure young players before they really start to get out of our reach, get them polished up, then accept bids from rivals for big money then start again.
Dortmund were having a degree of success with this, then selling to Bayern when the player was ready to leave.
Ajax also have a similar model, the only difference is, that both of these were winning the odd trophy here and there, probably because the league has less challenger's in it.
ENIC don't want to have top players on big salary's, their ideal is to charge Harrods prices, but have the employees on minimum wage.

You lot just dont give up.
How patient do you want us to be? Maybe another 20 years. Enic are done, it aint going to get any better with them in charge, its stale and there only interested in fleecing the fans.
If we made it in just 20 years, I'd be amazed. Hopefully still alive too.

Maybe he will leave all his money to a homeless charity, after all he has been of no fixed abode for a long time , forced to live on a bloody houseboat last few years

This could be massive for Shelter or Crisis when benevolent Joe pops his clogs
More chance he leaves all his billions to a crack head than throws caution to the wind with Spurs

I do not like or respect Danny Boy , but I think that is unacceptable. I know it is simply dark humour and I am all for singing Levy out , but every club has few nutter fans and I would not want someone trying to chin him or throw something at him during a game because we ramped up the rhetoric . I would not want his family abused either , as I said Levy out or ENIC out is fine . But let’s keep hate and spite out of it , we are not Neanderthals
Totally agree. Well said sir

He lives on a boat in the bahamas to swerve tax. He's smart enough and rich enough to be getting money and avoid a direct chain.

The club's accounts are properly audited. Plus the HMRC have been all over football clubs' accounts with a fine tooth comb for well over the last decade because of various wrong doings by clubs. They maybe absolutely useless at running the football side of the club and need to fuck off but I can say with certainty Lewis isn't syphoning off cash out of the club through the backdoor in some way. It's utter fantasy I am afraid.

It is exactly what happened to Sugar but it has taken 20 years for the consensus to begin to wake up to it.

Levy will be trying to think of a way to persuade enough people to not give up their season tickets so the whole thing doesn't collapse around him leaving no other option but being forced to sell because the ground is empty and nobody believes in it any more.

That will be his nightmare.
Yeah I do feel this is the most anti levy/ENIC feeling amongst the fans in general so far. Is there a possibility levy takes the full brunt. He resigns but ENIC stay in charge & replace him?

Yeah I do feel this is the most anti levy/ENIC feeling amongst the fans in general so far. Is there a possibility levy takes the full brunt. He resigns but ENIC stay in charge & replace him?
That will not work.

I think ENIC go with Levy this time.

The gig is up for them regarding the football.

They have never invested in the playing squad with their own money.

Why would they start doing that now?

You are right, the 'reset' is worrying. Imagine a new manager who has only seen highlights of ndombele/winks/locelso/doherty/emerson/dier/etc and gives them all a clean slate only for them to do what we've seen them do and what we know they will do.

But we seem to be in some sort of zombie mode now . They all have to wake up soon , we still have a decent chance of salvaging at least a CL spot.

We can't afford to reset again IMO. The idea of all those players getting a clean slate is horrifying.
But it's gonna happen. 100%

The club's accounts are properly audited. Plus the HMRC have been all over football clubs' accounts with a fine tooth comb for well over the last decade because of various wrong doings by clubs. They maybe absolutely useless at running the football side of the club and need to fuck off but I can say with certainty Lewis isn't syphoning off cash out of the club through the backdoor in some way. It's utter fantasy I am afraid.

Again, it's not syphoning if it's a legit salary. He's not living on a boat and not earning any money from all his investments. There's literally no point giving money up to invest in things if there's no return at all. There's zero signs of selling up and he quite simply isn't in the long game at 85+ years old.

I think the last days of Nuno were the lowest ebb tbh.
I stopped going to games and didn't even care no one bought my tickets on the exchange .

Think I would probably just ignore them , not sure I have any reason to want to talk to them . Campbell is history , very old history and I would be massively deluded to think Levy would be interested or would listen to my opinion
Yeah on second thoughts I’d keep on walking too ha. Only Famous person I stopped & chatted to was gazza on a train.

He's the same age as Dele was when he hit the big time.
There is absolutely always a risk a player peaks in the early 20's then stagnates/deteriorates.
True. But he seems way more mentally & psychologically better & more grounded than dele. He seems to have better people around him & more hunger.
Not sure if Liverpool can afford him or if pep would go in for him hmmm
Interesting that Rice's form is being questioned.
I didn't think he did anything of note at the World Cup. In fact, he had echoes of Winks about him. Time and time again he put his hands up to stop team mates passing to him, moved into a position where he couldn't be passed to and kept pointing to team mates to suggest passing to them rather than him.
You compare that to the likes of the best CM's like Modric who make themselves available for the ball no matter what and demand it, well, that's why I'd be more than happy if Liverpool or United blew their entire budget on him. And I always have felt that way.
I like rice but think he hasn’t got much of a ceiling & is a sort of steady & reliable 8 out of 10 player. He is homegrown too. Pretty good all rounder rather than being really good on the ball. Better than kelvin Phillips who is injury prone anyway.
I can see rice going to Chelsea or Manchester United.

I’m guessing it was not boring
No. Very interesting & He was really nice & chatty. Told him that him at Italy 90 & then the 1991 cup run (Woolwich free kick) was a big factor in me supporting spurs. It was either us or Woolwich in the area I grew up in. He didn’t look well so it was bittersweet.

But then you could argue that getting the Tottenham Hotspur name out there (in the USA largely due to the NFL) is just as beneficial.

Not bothered at all about the lack of naming rights. Far more bothered about the mismanagement of transfers etc.
Definitely agree, our recruitment has been terrible for years, improved a bit recently but the money spunked away on ndom, lo celsius, sanchez, emerson, gil, doherty, Sissoko etc has killed us.

The football club is one part of a much bigger picture, sure that Joe and ENIC have plenty going on outside the football.

Would no doubt risk HMRC issues so small fry compared to the bigger picture of his wealth

The football club is one part of a much bigger picture, sure that Joe and ENIC have plenty going on outside the football.
Spurs are a massive chunk of his net worth, however, north of 1/3rd and closing in on half at last estimates.

Still, the idea that he's siphoning off cash is ludicrous. Normal people simply do not understand the way wealthy people view/interact with money. He's no need to siphon off cash from the club and risk prison/asset forfeiture for doing so. It's classic internet absurdity.

Spurs are a massive chunk of his net worth, however, north of 1/3rd and closing in on half at last estimates.

Still, the idea that he's siphoning off cash is ludicrous. Normal people simply do not understand the way wealthy people view/interact with money. He's no need to siphon off cash from the club and risk prison/asset forfeiture for doing so. It's classic internet absurdity.
Matt1882

Back
Top Bottom