Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheap laughs again to divert away from the topic I put back in the limelight.

Here, I'll try again...did you read BF3's post? What is your rebuttal to his evidence refuting your claims?

*John scuttles off*
"John scuttles back*

BF3 made a reasonable sensible post. He expressed an opinion to which he's completely entitled too.
Probably squirming about a bit from having your tongue tickling his ringpiece ever since he made it but that's for another time

What I'm sure he would never claim is that he or anyone else knows what impact, if any, a future NFL franchise in Tottenham will have on the football club that is currently viewed by the owners as the Anchor Tenant.

Until it materializes there's a debate to be had. If you can't handle the debate without waving your cock in front of other posters maybe you should move on to a different topic

"John scuttles back*

BF3 made a reasonable sensible post. He expressed an opinion to which he's completely entitled too.
Probably squirming about a bit from having your tongue tickling his ringpiece ever since he made it but that's for another time

What I'm sure he would never claim is that he or anyone else knows what impact, if any, a future NFL franchise in Tottenham will have on the football club that is currently viewed by the owners as the Anchor Tenant.

Until it materializes there's a debate to be had. If you can't handle the debate without waving your cock in front of other posters maybe you should move on to a different topic
You haven't presented a rebuttal to anything he said. But I see you're talking on other people's behalf again. Can't help yourself.

As for you getting the ump about praising other posters posts...

Excellent opening post.
What a fantastic post
Absolutely brilliant post.
Brilliant post.
Absolutely brilliant post.
Absolutely brilliant post. True to a word.

What a brilliant post. Well thought out, measured and completely unbiased
Brilliant post my man. Hear Hear.
The words nail and head spring to mind
LOL - There are so many more.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
FYI - BF3 didn't just present opinion. He presented facts, figures and sources.

Which John has refused to read because he is TFC's very own Donald Trump and facts don't matter. Only his opinion.

You haven't presented a rebuttal to anything he said. But I see you're talking on other people's behalf again. Can't help yourself.

As for you getting the ump about praising other posters posts...

LOL - There are so many more.

Indeed. I'm happy to praise or applaud another post where warranted.

It's your constant referencing and fondling of other posters to try and draw them back in to save your face that's quite nauseating.

Like a dirty old man with a bag of sweets under his raincoat

It must be quite a let down when they keep refusing to get in the car.

Last edited:

It's not about rebuttals or measuring manhoods though is it.
Or maybe in your world it is?

For most of us its about having a reasoned debate with alternative points of view being put forward and respected.

Indeed. I'm happy to praise or applaud another post where warranted.

It's your constant referencing and fondling of other posters to try and draw them back in to save your face that's quite nauseating.

Like a dirty old man with a bag of sweets under his raincoat

It must be quite a let down when they keep refusing to get in the car.
Speaking for ''most'' people again, I see.

Actually, it wasn't about him. It was about you.

Providing a rebuttal to him after he absolutely tore your whole argument to shreds. I was keen to see what you'd do in the face of overwhleming fact. And as predicted, you ran until you couldn't anymore.

You have yet to do it, because I'm right and you know absolutely fuck all about the NFL like you claim.

Draw back in? In the other thread where this debate is also being discussed he's provided plenty of follow up material.
It's not about rebuttals or measuring manhoods though is it.
The fact you equate rebuttal in a debate with measuring manhoods is hilarious.

You are the least self-aware person I have ever encountered. Thinks he speaks for the majority at all times '' the forum thinks''...''most Spurs fans think''...''for most of us'' then when it comes down to it you are just the mouthy minority. As has been proven.

You're also so disingenuous. Making out you're above it all, talking about civility. When I've seen you say things to posters just as vicious and cutting as me.

The difference is I own it. You're too pussy to look at yourself and evaluate.

That's why you put yourself on a pedastal as the speaker of the forum and other people. Newsflash John, people can, and will, speak for themselves.

Last edited:
. Newsflash John, people can, and will, speak for themselves.
That's actually a reasonable point you make. Common ground at last.

Maybe you could take your own advice and try and break this bad habit of flashing your cock and tagging other posters in a bid to suck them back in (excuse the pun) to help your cause.

Like you rightly say, they can speak for themselves without you probing them.

That's actually a reasonable point you make. Common ground at last.

Maybe you could take your own advice and try and break this bad habit of flashing your cock and tagging other posters in a bid to suck them back in (excuse the pun) to help your cause.

Like you rightly say, they can speak for themselves without you probing them.
Once again, nothing about the subject.

You are so fearful of dipping your toe into a response about the facts presented to you I can smell it on you. You know anything you say will prove me right and expose you as an idiot that spoke so suredly about a subject he knew nothing about.

I didn't need to tag anyone to help my cause, BF3 posted what he posted on his own. It just so happened, his fact, figures and sources entirely aligned with what I was saying.

You need to make it something it isn't to massage that ego.

Here, I'll get us back on topic...

''A London NFL team will bring in more revenue than any Premier League team, but especially Tottenham.

This is unlikely, in fact Tottenham is likely to generate more money than any potential London NFL franchise, especially in the first 10 years a team would be in London establishing a true local fan base and not just "NFL fans" of other teams. Fell free to read more here and here. For Spurs financial data, here.

The average NFL team made £355m in 2018. It's important to break that revenue down, however. About £216m of that is shared revenue (mostly TV money). The remaining income will be from "local" sources, which is a nice way of saying team controlled revenue. Given the assumed local (European) fanbase is around 6m in 2020 (source), and assuming they all instantly become London fans overnight, they are very comparable to the Philadelphia Eagles (metro area 6.1m), who made £378m last year.

Spurs in 2017/18 made £381m. Spurs are projected to make £450-500m in the new stadium.

Also, FYI, the cost of including the retractable pitch was likely somewhere in the £50-100m range, with the NFL chipping in £10m . It seems worth the investment given the NFL contract alone will likely bring in £40m (we made £4m this past week) , not to mention all the other events the club can host since we aren't destroying the pitch to host them.''

Every opinion in this passage is backed up by source material and financial reporting.

Considering this is a DIRECT response to your claim that a London NFL franchise ''100%'' will bring in more revenue than Spurs.

We've both offered our opinions of one another. Now back to the debate. You have said you disagree with the above but have offered no evidence to counter the evidence given to you.

Would you like to do that?

I'm guessing...ermmm...no. Go ahead, make your excuses.

Last edited:
Its conceivable that the NFL could expand well beyond that figure, its conceivable that whole NFL could be restructured to accommodate the transition to a global league, its conceivable that one more than one franchise could be based at our ground. Lots of scenarios are conceivable at this stage.

The actual point however is quite clear - the volume of games doesn't have any bearing of who is the primary resident. Using your logic if a London NFL did ever end up with a larger volume of fixtures they would become the primary resident of the stadium and we would become secondary, I don't believe that to be case but that is what you are arguing or do you believe that not to be the case in that scenario and if so would you care to explain why that isnt the case. Spursdem has already run away from that point so lets see how you get on.
Good unicorn theory but the NFL play a maximum 11 home games a season which simply isn't going to suddenly become 25 ... that 11 games isn't going to change because players are physically limited to that number of games, not to mention their multi-million pound contracts .... you can create impossible scenarios all day long but the reality is very clear. Why are you trying to change it, just to prove a point?

The volume of games very obviously does have a bearing on who the primary tenant is, 2 million fans versus 600k not hard to see why ... also there's the small matter of ownership, the football club owns the ground ...

If you want a unicorn theory why not go with the NFL buying the ground and kicking Spurs out ... that's 500m a year of income throw away, makes about as much sense as your crazy thinking ....

Last edited:
Its conceivable that the NFL could expand well beyond that figure, its conceivable that whole NFL could be restructured to accommodate the transition to a global league, its conceivable that one more than one franchise could be based at our ground. Lots of scenarios are conceivable at this stage.

The actual point however is quite clear - the volume of games doesn't have any bearing of who is the primary resident. Using your logic if a London NFL did ever end up with a larger volume of fixtures they would become the primary resident of the stadium and we would become secondary, I don't believe that to be case but that is what you are arguing or do you believe that not to be the case in that scenario and if so would you care to explain why that isnt the case. Spursdem has already run away from that point so lets see how you get on.

It's also conceivable that pigs will one day rule the earth.

An NFL team, based in London, would never have more fixtures in a season than Spurs. That is a fact.

If two NFL teams moved to London, there would still be fewer fixtures in a season than Spurs. That is a fact.

Until such time that the stadium gets sold, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club will be the owner and primary resident of the stadium. Football will be the primary purpose of the stadium. It can be the 'home' of multiple sports teams. It can be the 'home' of the Dalai Lama for all I care. But unless THFC are liquidated, or relocated to the moon, the stadium will first-and-foremost be the home of my club. Those are facts.

Stop making up shite to support your failing argument.

The NFL are looking to extend their global reach and access new markets but are just looking to restrict their international market to the UK and Mexico. Hilarious. Lets ignore that you have had NFL officials actually reference markets such as Germany, Brazil and Japan - its all about access to those highly lucrative UK and Mexican market, who cares about the Premier League making inrodes globally when the NFL have these 2 markets!

Its sad that I have to keep making this point that even a child could understand - there is no primary resident of the stadium if a permanent NFL franchise becomes based there. No one is superseding anyone ( not once have I stated this) both sides occupy the same ground, both become equal because the ground is the base for both sides . And quite clearly the stadium was built to facilitate NFL - do you know how I know this because the club referenced this, it developed the ground with a retractable NFL pitch and NFL facilities. Jesus wept don't waste my time with this level of nonsense,

Extending global reach through International Series or Combines and relocating a team are two completely different things you walnut. I never mentioned anything about restricting international marketing to two countries - they're quite clearly marketing themselves around the world. What I said was that presently the only serious (if that) discussions for a permanent team are with London, although if the London team were to be viable (financially and logistically) I think the NFL would want a second European team (Germany).

Get baseball in there as well.

Who's on first, Whats on second.
Tottenham pimp spurs will allow anything as long as you're paying. Cash is king. £££. Give's us the moral high ground.
Baseball, demolition derby, WWE, Taylor swift, bull fighting.

Back
Top Bottom