Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst Spurs are in the Premier League they would take priority because that's one of the league's rules.

From the rulebook regarding ground sharing:

No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement unless the agreement contains a legally enforceable provision to the effect that the playing of the Club's League Matches shall always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement"
Although todays Premier League rules are not yesterday's or tomorrows.
They change at the whim of the Premier league chairmen who enforce and create them.
Weren't the rules amended, or ignored, to allow us to continue playing our home games at Wembley last season.
Weren't they relaxed to allow AFC Bournmouth into the league with an inadequate stadium.
Like I said, caution and scepticism is the best way forward.
Blind faith is a recipe for disaster.

Hahahaha, this is an absolute smokeshow!

More evidence to embarrass you with John Thomas John Thomas

This is amazing.

tenor.gif
SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur . When will you finally get it.

People aren't laughing with you, man. They're laughing at you.

As we're in the world of hypotheticals -how about this one, the pitch can be removed in about 45 minutes, the NFL main games normally kick off in the evening, so would anyone be upset if they were told that both a football and NFL game could be played on the same Sunday Spurs play at 1pm and the NFL game goes at 6.30pm.

How would folk feel about that?

SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur . When will you finally get it.

People aren't laughing with you, man. They're laughing at you.
You need that to be true to assuage your embarrassment. Don't worry, fluffer will be here soon enough to help you out.

''100%'' a London based NFL franchise will be bigger than Spurs wasn't it?

Think of it this way, you made your claim on the stadium being built, what, 5 years ago? And it's still referenced to mock you to this day.

Then you wanna talk about being laughed at.

Oh, John. Learn when to bail. You're normally so good at that.

Like your namesake JohnH is doing, read what BF3 presented and learn for once. He's admitted he knew nothing of the NFL, just like you. The difference being, he is open-minded enough to realise what he said initially was wrong and thanked BF3 for providing him with facts and figures to LEARN. What's wrong with just admitting you spoke out of turn and open your mind to people that know better than you?

You should take a leaf, or at least fall back into the shadows.

Mandy I wish I could get behind you.

Ultimately we just have to wait and see I guess. As a football fan and an NFL fan I can see both sides of the argument and I don't believe that it will be an issue for Spurs.

The international series NFL games do really well because of the limited number of them and also the variety of teams that play. As with football, fans tend to pick their team and stick with it. A lot of fans aren't just going to suddenly start supporting a London team if it happens. Many will, but I'm sure just as many won't.
Speaking for myself and my mates we'd actually end up going to less NFL games if a franchise came over. This is because we're not likely to change who we support and we also don't want to see the same team play all the time if it's not our team. I usually go to 2 NFL games a year and that means I see 4 different teams, but some of my friends do all 4 games and they've said they'd only do one if they all had the same home team. This is one of the reasons I think it's more likely we'll see more International Series NFL games which are more flexible on times and dates therefore will have minimal impact on the football side of things.

As we're in the world of hypotheticals -how about this one, the pitch can be removed in about 45 minutes, the NFL main games normally kick off in the evening, so would anyone be upset if they were told that both a football and NFL game could be played on the same Sunday Spurs play at 1pm and the NFL game goes at 6.30pm.

Couldnt care less.

Ultimately we just have to wait and see I guess. As a football fan and an NFL fan I can see both sides of the argument and I don't believe that it will be an issue for Spurs.

The international series NFL games do really well because of the limited number of them and also the variety of teams that play. As with football, fans tend to pick their team and stick with it. A lot of fans aren't just going to suddenly start supporting a London team if it happens. Many will, but I'm sure just as many won't.
Speaking for myself and my mates we'd actually end up going to less NFL games if a franchise came over. This is because we're not likely to change who we support and we also don't want to see the same team play all the time if it's not our team. I usually go to 2 NFL games a year and that means I see 4 different teams, but some of my friends do all 4 games and they've said they'd only do one if they all had the same home team. This is one of the reasons I think it's more likely we'll see more International Series NFL games which are more flexible on times and dates therefore will have minimal impact on the football side of things.
I was going to say this...

People already have NFL teams they support. One suddenly dropping on their ''doorstep'' aren't just going to become fans.

Most of the U.K. hates London for starters, so I don't see why Scouse NFL fans who have a side will suddenly be London fans. Same with many parts of the country.

I was going to say this...

People already have NFL teams they support. One suddenly dropping on their ''doorstep'' aren't just going to become fans.

Most of the U.K. hates London for starters, so I don't see why Scouse NFL fans who have a side will suddenly be London fans. Same with many parts of the country.

Theres plenty of people that support man united or liverpool up and down the country but have season tickets for their local team.

Doubt that's do able for a number of reasons, but as long as NFL doesn't affect Spurs yeah why not.

You need that to be true to assuage your embarrassment.

''100%'' a London based NFL franchise will be bigger than Spurs wasn't it?

Think of it this way, you made your claim on the stadium being built, what, 5 years ago? And it's still referenced to mock you to this day.

Then you wanna talk about being laughed at.

Oh, John. Learn when to bail. You're normally so good at that.

Like your namesake JohnH is doing, read what BF3 presented and learn for once. He's admitted he knew nothing of the NFL, just like you. The difference being, he is open-minded enough to realise what he said initially was wrong and thanked BF3 for providing him with facts and figures to LEARN. What's wrong with just admitting you spoke out of turn and open your mind to people that know better than you?

You should take a leaf, or at least fall back into the shadows.
I know I've bailed you out a few times in the past mate but everyone can see you've stepped too far out on this one.
A sensible, reasonable debate was being enjoyed by all.
Points of view respected and appreciated.
Worries and concerns aired and discussed.
You've revealed your true colours though, I'm afraid. Let the mask slip once again.
. Just an apologist who'll go to any length to turn a debate your losing into an argument.
The whole forum can see it.

I know I've bailed you out a few times in the past mate but everyone can see you've stepped too far out on this one.
A sensible, reasonable debate was being enjoyed by all.
Points of view respected and appreciated.
Worries and concerns aired and discussed.
You've revealed your true colours though, I'm afraid. Let the mask slip once again.
. Just an apologist who'll go to any length to turn a debate your losing into an argument.
The whole forum can see it.
A classic John trope, trying to speak on the whole forum's behalf when embarrassed.

See how you're refusing to even acknowledge the facts and figures presented and make it about me now.

BUT YOU have just revealed your true issue here. You've just called me an apologist.

We are discussing what the stadium is, and will be, used for. There is nothing to apologise for.

Unless...

There is actually a different issue at play here. You are now calling me a Levy apologist. Which reveals what this is all about for you.

This isn't about the stadium usage at all, it's about you trying to turn absolutely anything into a reason to have a pop at Levy and ENIC. As I already predicted. I knew I'd be able to get you to reveal it, and lo and behold, here we are.

I know you inside out John and can manipulate you to reveal your true intentions easily, as showcased here.

The poll I've put up has unanimously come out in the favour of the argument I put forward bolstered by others with intimate knowledge of the NFL. So much for the ''whole forum'' seeing my ''losing argument''.

Have you noticed that no-one with a decent knowledge of the NFL has fallen on your side of the debate?

I laid the groundwork, BF3 hammered in the nails. RIP.

You're wrong. You just can't admit being wrong to me. The ego won't allow it. That's why you've claimed after every debate we've ever had that I'm being battered. Every. Single. One. It's your last resort. I've conceded debates to you before, specifically when I briefly went Poch out.

You just can't allow yourself to do it.

:levylol:

Please tell me there is some cunt in here trying to claim Spurs will postpone PL games if American football fixtures fall on the same day...

Please tell me this is happening

Please tell me it’s the same cunt preaching about people “hating” on the club.

Hahaha too funny

Wouldn't be bothered but policing and stewarding issues would never allow it.

Wouldn't be bothered but policing and stewarding issues would never allow it.

Which means that the NLD will be moved because the 49ers are in town for the weekend.....and it’s primarily an NFL stadium.

Also, if The Proclaimers ever regroup, Spurs will have to play midweek as it’s a concert hall before a football ground and they are bound to take center stage.

Back
Top Bottom