Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive actually changed my mind on this. I now think the levy haters have a point. They are saying that ENIC will take the money from the events. I think they may be right.

ENIC invest 1bn quid in the stadium. If we put on 25 events a year. That is a huge operation and alot of hassle. There is no way that all the profits would go to Spurs to buy new player. That money is going straight to uncle Joe.

In all honesty we won't know for sure until we start to see the P&L and end of year accounts, probably not this year but next. Until then it's all theory but I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair old amount leave the club. Either way it does build the clubs image and reputation, it will only add to our opportunity to grow.

That’s true. So if there was a clash of fixtures who do you think would prevail?

There is no clash. The NFL in Europe is as always planned for the FIFA int. breaks etc. You really think that the NFL rent wasn't subject to the stadium owners own usage?

Hillarious.

My local club is FC Copenhagen. European group stage regulars, 33 league games, cup games, the stadium is the national stadium, speedway stadium, concert venue and even boxing venue. Never caused any particular problems for football.

It is innovative, I don't think one person has said it isn't but who does it benefit a business or a football team and it's supporters or maybe both, I guess that's the rub.

Name one owner of any sports club that does something that won’t benefit them as well as the club.

Are people really going to sit here and expect that ENIC won’t want to earn money from their investment?

Are people REALLY claiming the club won’t benefit when already before the stadium was built we started paying players up to 200k a week, the manager 9M a year and just recently broke our transfer record....?

3mLydMU.png

The NFL are not looking to establish a number of franchises around the globe - the only team mooted for outside of North America is London. The purpose of the London games is to extend the NFL's global reach and create new fans, which works perfectly for Spurs who are trying to do exactly the same thing! More reach + more fans = more money!

As mentioned by others, the NFL is fairly limited in how many fixtures they can have. Currently, they're planning on removing 2 preseason matches and making it an 18 game season. It's a brutal sport - injuries, especially concussion, are a huge concern so it's highly unlikely they'd ever be able to add more matches to a season. On top of that, it's highly probable that a London team would actually only base themselves in London during the season, i.e., the off season would be spent back in America because the players would want to be closer to family. In total, you're talking about a team that rents the stadium for fewer than 11 matches over 4-5 months and who probably would only spend a grand total of 60 days in the city per year. If Saracens decide they want to rent the stadium several times a year for big matches does that make it a rugby stadium? If the Pope wanted to hold mass there would that make it a church?

How can you possibly think that they would supersede Spurs in their own home - a ground that will always be associated, first and foremost, with football? And how can you think the entire stadium was built specifically for NFL?

The NFL are looking to extend their global reach and access new markets but are just looking to restrict their international market to the UK and Mexico. Hilarious. Lets ignore that you have had NFL officials actually reference markets such as Germany, Brazil and Japan - its all about access to those highly lucrative UK and Mexican market, who cares about the Premier League making inrodes globally when the NFL have these 2 markets!

Its sad that I have to keep making this point that even a child could understand - there is no primary resident of the stadium if a permanent NFL franchise becomes based there. No one is superseding anyone ( not once have I stated this) both sides occupy the same ground, both become equal because the ground is the base for both sides . And quite clearly the stadium was built to facilitate NFL - do you know how I know this because the club referenced this, it developed the ground with a retractable NFL pitch and NFL facilities. Jesus wept don't waste my time with this level of nonsense,

Name one owner of any sports club that does something that won’t benefit them as well as the club.

Are people really going to sit here and expect that ENIC won’t want to earn money from their investment?

Are people REALLY claiming the club won’t benefit when already before the stadium was built we started paying players up to 200k a week, the manager 9M a year and just recently broke our transfer record....?

No but a lot of that is to do with the tv revenue all clubs have record transfer fees and record wages we are the 14th or 15th highest net spenders of the last 5 years apparently but we built a stadium so it kind of balances as far as I'm concerned, the next couple of years are what will reveal ENICs real intention.

I expect ENIC to make a lot of money and I hope they do they have done a great job so far, if they walked out the door with 2 billion in their bin tomorrow I'd clap them out the front door and wish them well.

At the end of the day tho I'm a Spurs fan not an ENIC fan so I'm not going to applaud them for anything they do that's unrelated to Spurs, if they trouser the NHL money I couldn't care less, but I'm certainly not going to cock worship them like the clan of Levy seem to want me to do.

Become suggests you believe we are primary right now. Otherwise why would we become if we already are.

Oh Johnny boy, Hoody has abandoned you at the last hurdle.

You hate to see it.

Well of course we are the primary resident at the moment because there is no english NFL franchise at present you prat.

Again once there is there will be no primary resident, both will occupy the space. The volume of games has no bearing on this - if it did using your own warped logic the club would cease to be the primary tenant the moment the NFL overtook it in terms of fixtures. Or is that different in that scenario?

There is no clash. The NFL in Europe is as always planned for the FIFA int. breaks etc. You really think that the NFL rent wasn't subject to the stadium owners own usage?

Hillarious.

My local club is FC Copenhagen. European group stage regulars, 33 league games, cup games, the stadium is the national stadium, speedway stadium, concert venue and even boxing venue. Never caused any particular problems for football.
That sounds absolutely spiffing. And naturally I withdraw all my concerns forthwith. A small point, but ‘hilarious’ only has one L. Nonetheless, if there was a fixture clash who do you think would hold sway? Nobody has even offered an opinion on this, let alone an answer.

That sounds absolutely spiffing. And naturally I withdraw all my concerns forthwith. A small point, but ‘hilarious’ only has one L. Nonetheless, if there was a fixture clash who do you think would hold sway? Nobody has even offered an opinion on this, let alone an answer.

I nor anybody else have to answer the straw man questions, which you so eagerly keep making up in the manner of a petulant child.

I nor anybody else have to answer the straw man questions, which you so eagerly keep making up in the manner of a petulant child.
Jesus. Because you can’t answer a simple question you go on the attack? There was no straw man question. You’re behaving like a self-centred arsehole. Because you’ve been found wanting you call me petulant? You should have shagged that intern you needy Scandinavian bore. Imagine that? You are such a wanker you started a thread about it. As if anyone gave a shit. Look at your avatar - the symbolism of a retarded child. You blokes make me laugh. You’re the bitch of the world these days, just fuck off.

Last edited:
Was that after you got humiliated in another topic?
Awwww, look how bruised your poor ego is.

Not a good month for you and polls, lad.

Even Hood agrees with me and not you. Even after you stuck your tongue up his shitter.

DF8sr5MWsAEY73L.jpg

The last 10 or so pages of this thread are the best argument I've ever seen for why the international break should be abolished.
Don’t read them then. Just stick your nose in the air and walk on by. That should be easy enough. Superiority comes easy to you folks. Personally I’d like you all to fuck off so we can concentrate on our national game. Nobody invited you cunts - you just turned up. You know nothing and you irritate the fuck out of an entire country. Just go back to tailgating or whatever you freaks do. Jesus - leave us alone.

If Liverpool has done this, the same people slagging it off would be calling it innovative
I don't think any one is slagging it off though Sammy. Certainly not me.
Just saying that rather than wanking ourselves silly over all these riches about to trickle into our football club, maybe we should be a little more cautious and reserved at this stage.

It's a shame, you were making a reasonable contribution to the debate before falling under the influence of Spursdem and his hand jobs.

Lets try and get it back on track without the silly outbursts

Back
Top Bottom