Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you compare a club team with a national team? For a start the All Blacks tend to have an older team due to them being a national team. We rely on youth. So that’s a big difference straight away.

And it’s good to have a culture but highlights a problem with Spurs - and our culture. And in many ways why Walker went to City and why we won’t / can’t compete with City.

Put simply Spurs are prepared to buy second best - and in that case be second best.
And as Spurs don’t buy the best, instead relying on youngsters and players with potential our culture can’t/won’t be the same as city or united.

For instance as an expectation level should we expect the the same of winks v Pogba? Not really. One is a youngster starting out and one is a fully established international.

I think Poch has ingrained a culture. But our inconsistent form in the league is linked to our transfer dealings imo.

At a certain age I can understand players wanting more.
Absolutely brilliant post. True to a word.

Can you compare a club team with a national team? For a start the All Blacks tend to have an older team due to them being a national team. We rely on youth. So that’s a big difference straight away.

And it’s good to have a culture but highlights a problem with Spurs - and our culture. And in many ways why Walker went to City and why we won’t / can’t compete with City.

Put simply Spurs are prepared to buy second best - and in that case be second best.
And as Spurs don’t buy the best, instead relying on youngsters and players with potential our culture can’t/won’t be the same as city or united.

For instance as an expectation level should we expect the the same of winks v Pogba? Not really. One is a youngster starting out and one is a fully established international.

I think Poch has ingrained a culture. But our inconsistent form in the league is linked to our transfer dealings imo.

At a certain age I can understand players wanting more.
There is a difference between don't and can't.

....To a man (apart from Kane), our squad always recites some form of the "you never know what the future holds" line....

Unfortunately I have heard Kane come out with some fairly ambiguous lines when quizzed before.

At the end of the day he now knows he is a special player. If we don’t match his ambitions then it’s naive to think he’ll stay out of loyalty alone

Unfortunately I have heard Kane come out with some fairly ambiguous lines when quizzed before.

At the end of the day he now knows he is a special player. If we don’t match his ambitions then it’s naive to think he’ll stay out of loyalty alone
He has said he's after Shearer's record. So he's staying in England. His contract runs until 2022. By which time, we'd have been in our new stadium for 3 years. That means more revenue, which means more money for Kane. He's not going anywhere.

Dave Kidd, the jorno who had the exclusive with Rose before the season, has written in The Sun saying Maureen has urged Utd to sign Rose for £50m, pass it on. No point linking it so they get clicks.

Dave Kidd, the jorno who had the exclusive with Rose before the season, has written in The Sun saying Maureen has urged Utd to sign Rose for £50m, pass it on. No point linking it so they get clicks.
in the Indie their gossip is that Maureen wants Rose, but that the board want him to use Luke Shaw instead

as an aside, I was speaking to some United people early December. They dont like Maureen at all. No surprises who they'd like as a replacement.

Absolutely brilliant post. True to a word.

Except its not though is it.

Because it conveniently avoids (as you always do when the same point is put to you) the major issue when comparing our transfer dealings with that of the super rich clubs like city, utd, chelsea etc....

Finances.

Until we can afford to drop £170million pound over five years on a player like Pogba, then we will be forced to rely on bringing through players like Winks or taking gambles on undiscovered / unpolished / unproven gems like Sanchez / Alli.

Where does the money come from? Our finances are published and laid bare for all to see every year, so tell me? This question has been put to you so many times now its farcical.

Looking at Rose so far this season,do the people who think we should just pay everyone we want to keep "whatever they want", feel that Danny Rose should have been given 120k a week then?

Double the wages for half the player, sometimes its actually better off selling when they throw their toys out the pram.

Now I dont want Rose sold, as I feel he is really, really trying, but his 65k a week is looking more than enough.

Looking at Rose so far this season,do the people who think we should just pay everyone we want to keep "whatever they want", feel that Danny Rose should have been given 120k a week then?

Double the wages for half the player, sometimes its actually better off selling when they throw their toys out the pram.

Now I dont want Rose sold, as I feel he is really, really trying, but his 65k a week is looking more than enough.
I want him gone. He’s a great player, but a bad egg. Get rid. He should be glad he gets paid more than 200 pounds a week to run up and down a field and kick a ball

Ultimately it is irrelevant whether we as fans want him to stay or go.

He's certainly not been at his gung ho best since he's been back from injury. Part of that will be down to conditioning, part of it, i think, is down to the team being less balanced without Walker on the other side - the opposition previously worrying about players tearing down both flanks at the same time.

If he stays i will get behind him and hope he gets back to his best, if he goes i have faith that we will replace him adequately. The modern full back is one of the easiest positions to cover now a days imo. One thing i can be sure of is that Mourinho won't see the player we saw last season either. See how Rose likes being told to sit put in his own half once they are 1-0 up.

I still remember the viriole when Rose was offered a new contract all those years ago, when he was the In Vogue scapegoat at the time.

Except its not though is it.

Because it conveniently avoids (as you always do when the same point is put to you) the major issue when comparing our transfer dealings with that of the super rich clubs like city, utd, chelsea etc....

Finances.

Until we can afford to drop £170million pound over five years on a player like Pogba, then we will be forced to rely on bringing through players like Winks or taking gambles on undiscovered / unpolished / unproven gems like Sanchez / Alli.

Where does the money come from? Our finances are published and laid bare for all to see every year, so tell me? This question has been put to you so many times now its farcical.

When I have more time I will come back with a reply.
But wow. Did you even read where this started?

It’s about creating a culture.

You have turned it into about finances.

Well done. 20/10.

When I have more time I will come back with a reply.
But wow. Did you even read where this started?

It’s about creating a culture.

You have turned it into about finances.

Well done. 20/10.

Unfortunately in the modern game everything comes down to finances.

You suggest that we establish the culture that you speak of by bringing in established international players with a winning mentality e.g. Pogba. How do you expect us to fund this?

I think if we can get a stash of silly money for him, then snap their hands off. He has become injury prone and I doubt that he will be the player he once was...... I could be wrong (I often am), but that's my feeling at the moment. Ben may not be as attack minded but, IMO, he is more consistent and reliable than Rose. Notwithstanding that we need adequate cover, haven't we got that with KWP ? (or is that the other side.... could never tell left from right!)

Unfortunately in the modern game everything comes down to finances.

You suggest that we establish the culture that you speak of by bringing in established international players with a winning mentality e.g. Pogba. How do you expect us to fund this?

No I don’t. It’s actually the exact fucking opposite. When do I suggest that??

Someone had mentioned Rose wanting to leave and his behaviour not being acceptable to the all blacks rugby team Coach and culture they have created there. I said we couldn’t replicate that.
Funnily enough a team / game that is not governed by finances. So fuck knows what you thought I wrote down.

My point was that a / we are a club team and b/ we can’t have that culture as we don’t spend big instead relying on youngsters and players with potential rather than buying people like proven international Pogba.

Therefore our culture is different.

At some point said youngster becomes a proven international and then you can have an issue. Modric and Bale being prime examples actually. Walker wanting trophies and more money.
Rose wanting more money and trophies.

I think you really need to read what I wrote and the post I replied to.

I think you really need to read what I wrote

Believe me, i am trying. Apologies if i have got the wrong end of the stick.

I don't really know enough about rugby to comment on that. I took issue with the the inference that we choose not to compete in the transfer market with the likes of City and Utd as opposed to not being able to because of our financial restraints

In fairness my initial response was actually to John Thomas John Thomas 's reply - as yet another example of his desire to jump on anything that fuels his "Daniel Levy and the Great Mysterious Pot of Gold" agenda.

In fairness my initial response was actually to John Thomas John Thomas 's reply - as yet another example of his desire to jump on anything that fuels his "Daniel Levy and the Great Mysterious Pot of Gold" agenda.
Tagging me again. I dont know.
Anyway, you seem to regard us as a relitavely poor club. A small club of little resources. I don't belittle us like that. I see us as a massive club, with a massive fanbase, and a club that should be trying to compete with the best..
Difference between us is I respect your opinions, even though I think they're negative, misguided bollocks

Back
Top Bottom