Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Walker leaves then only time will tell if we made the right decision. What happens to him if he goes to City is for me that he is fcuking history. End of. A non-entity because multi- millionaire footballers can't cite honesickness or any other pathetic excuse when ambitions can be achieved at the club of possession.

I think the club could resolve it if they went public with an increased pay offer or if Walker said he is staying. Both unlikely but caution no word as yet from Alderweireld whose loss would be a real hammer blow regardless of money received.

We are in a strong position with Walker but think we will buy before we sell.

But if Walker or any player goes to an English club as things stand then I say fcuk them.

Last edited:
I'll be gutted if we well him to a rival. Sorry, but that's exactly the sort of thing we used to do and everybody assumed we were past.

If you want to win the league, you don't sell one of the best players in the league in his position, to a direct rival. It would send all the wrong signals.
In the main I'd agree.

Cantona to United, Tevez to City. Terrible transfers.

According to some bods who spoke to Ardiles recently, it looks like it's going to happen. I imagine that Ossie is pretty close to Poch. Bears out what was gossiped here at the awards. And if he goes it's because it suits Poch and Levy - look at the length of that contract. He's coming up to a testimonial soon too!

If Walker needs 100k a week to get him to stay, I'm still ambivalent. There are others that are worth more than him - Kane, Hugo, Dele, Christian, Toby, Jan, and Rose imo. They need to be on 100k a week next up. And that may not be enough for Walker who everyone says could double his current earnings to 150k a week.

Where would that leave everyone else? All those guys I've mentioned would need to be on that too for parity, and more than that to reflect their higher worth (all imo of course). And then there's Vic and Moose, again more important to us, surely.

I dont know about the messages. On the one hand, I'd say I'd like to keep the current squad - continuity, signals, and so on.

On the other, I'd say that to put him higher than that list of players Ive mentioned sends the wrong signals to them. And they are more important.

Does it send the wrong signals to other managers in the PL? Probably not. They may well think that if Walker's playing better than at any stage previously, then it's down to Poch and his coaching, and it probably reflects worse on Pep and his judgement. Would Pep get the best out of Walker? I'd say no because his record at setting up defences is so shoddy.

Ideally I'd like Walker to stay, but not at the risk of disrupting the squad.

btw I dont think that Trippier is good enough to take on the best attacks. Against other teams, his record of assists is fantastic. I still see him very much as a rotator not 1st choice.

I havent seen enough of KWP to know whether he could step up. It's a big ask. Pace, good dribbler, doesnt look nearly as robust physically as Walker.

If we get silly money for KW, I'd be surprised if we cant find someone for back 3 or 4, with great pace, a decent cross, a defender's brain, and still have money to spare. I dont watch enough footie outside of Spurs to know who the candidates are, and whether theyre even in the PL at the mo.

Whatever happens, I really do trust Poch to come up smelling of Roses having done what looks to be the right thing. I would also expect him to be professional enough to have a succession plan for everyone in the starting squad.

Well, no, but if you heard rumours your Mrs was going to leave you, and then one day she turns to you, out of the blue, and says:

"I just want to let you know that I'm grateful for all the good times we've had....."

:pochfacepalm:

Hmm not really what he said though.....said thanks to all Spurs fans around the world while we are on tour on the other side of the world.

He has 5 yrs left. If we don't want to sell we won't. And if we do, then the manager has earned my trust in these matters.
Non issue for me

I agree, i thought we stopped selling our players to Manchester clubs BUT City will need more than the defensive nous of Kyle Walker to sort out their car crash of a defence.

Let the first piece of that puzzle come from elsewhere IMO.

Just as much concerned about the message it sends as I am losing KW.

Let the first piece of that puzzle come from elsewhere IMO.

Just as much concerned about the message it sends as I am losing KW.

Nah, we're not that club anymore. Held over a barrel to sell our only genuinely world class player every couple of years.

There is no way this is happening if Levy and more importantly Poch didnt want it to. £50 mill for Walker (if thats what happens) is us screwing them - not the other way round.

You don't sell to rivals.

Simple as that. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

In an ideal world you wouldn't. But our rivals are the teams that can not only pay the wages that they might crave but also the exorbitant transfer fee that Levy will extort.

What's the alternative, risk everything you've worked on with the team ethic to keep a player, just to prove a point?

Unless you are the absolute big-boys, every player has a price that you'll sell at.

Once the stadium is sorted, though, you'd hope that our wage structure will be a little more competitive.

In an ideal world you wouldn't. But our rivals are the teams that can not only pay the wages that they might crave but also the exorbitant transfer fee that Levy will extort.

What's the alternative, risk everything you've worked on with the team ethic to keep a player, just to prove a point?

Unless you are the absolute big-boys, every player has a price that you'll sell at.

Once the stadium is sorted, though, you'd hope that our wage structure will be a little more competitive.

Yes to prove a point!!

Selling to rivals sends a terrible message to the players on our squad and the rest of the league. It's a chink in the armor.

If he wants out so bad, find a fit over seas.

No one can be sure unless somebody from the club says something or if one of Walker or Poch wrote a autobiography, but that have to be years from now.
We can only make some educated guess. You might be right but we cant expect one to make the exact reaction in every similar situation. Townsend seems to be disrespecting the coach which if you follow club's social media closely, has been like a family to him.
Also Walker is much more important in the team than Townsend ever was. You can see that they are still talking when Poch wants to subs Walker in. My guess is that they agree to just be professional until the season ends.

I recognize Tripps has been excellent lately, but it cant be that he could suddenly trumps Walker and plays ahead of him in every big matches.

Also, if the rumors are not true, why wouldnt he jump in and just said he is not looking to move? Poch did it, Harry did it, even Dele did it. He just signs new contract until 2021 right?

I watched him being the surprise young player under Redknapp. Watch him being stagnant, watch him being shit, and now finally i saw his final form, it is really sad for me seeing him looking disinterested in the Finale ceremony. I hope he does stays, many peculiar stuff has happened in football, but if i have to put my money, i think he will go.
Hopefully Bayen and Barca are serious about him too.
Hasn't he already signed a contract until 2021about 7 odd month ago?
Also when we took Bale overseas he never played, had a injury to his gluteus maximus which was obviously made up.
If he would have fucked a ligament, a bone, his dream deal would have been done.

Hardball KW like Modric and tell him he needs to go abroad (or Leeds if he's truly homesick)?

Edit: Shoulda said Sheffield Wednesday.... Thinking of 'im on the other flank.

Last edited:
Yes to prove a point!!

Selling to rivals sends a terrible message to the players on our squad and the rest of the league. It's a chink in the armor.

If he wants out so bad, find a fit over seas.
If we sell to Man City it does send out a terrible message. We haven't got 2 rbs capable of sustaining a season.
I don't believe he's fell out with Pochettino either. He's been good for us, but has only seen the limelight since Pochettino took over really. Walker relies on pace first and strength 2nd .His delivery is so so and it hasn't really improved that much under Pochettino. His positioning is bad defensively.
Once he loses Pace he will be a liability.
Maybe Pochettino sees more than we do. City will have to rotate him as he ain't playing every single game.

Walker's biggest asset is his stamina and his strength, his final ball is poor more often than not and his positioning defensively isn't much better. I don't want him to go but it wouldn't kill me if he did, unlike a similar scenario involving Dele or Kane. The one thing that really bothers me about such a move is the media effectively get what they've been pushing for and you never know if it could be the thin end of the wedge.

Back
Top Bottom