Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think Walker wants to go out because he wants the title or money etc. It is simply because he had a fallout with Poch. That is clear. While having an angel smile, Poch runs the club with an iron hand.
His body language and several social media movement has been really obvious.
I am really sad, but i think its going to happen.

Crossing finger for some mediation though.
Is it clear though, he started every other game as he always had, we have seen what a proper fall out with Pochettino looks like when Townsend fell out with the fitness coach...he never kicked another ball for the first team, trained with the youngsters and was shipped out at the earliest opportunity...

The Thank You message makes sense if it had been posted the last day of the season, not a week later. He's going, sadly. I was hoping it was just rumours but it isn't. I will miss him, he's been a great player for us and has earned the right to move on if he wants to. I won't be angry with him as I would with some of the players who haven't been here as long, if they tried to leave. Trippier is better than walker when it comes to crossing, but not as good a defender, and not as athletic. I guess we'll have to get in a backup for Trippier who is more defensive minded. No idea who we could get. I will be very disappointed if we don't get at least £45M because this is a player who is the best in the country, and at 26 he is entering his prime. He will strengthen City considerably which is a shame because we are direct rivals with them now.

We'll live.

Poch can turn shit into gold when it comes to full backs.

Perhaps we'll even get an upgrade on Walker - as solid and quick as he was, he was limited technically and his decision making in the final third was always iffy.

A solid 8, 8.5/10 player, but it won't ruin us. We've rebuilt before.

Kyle Walker-Peters is supposedly in the queue to step up to the first team squad.

And apparently, Danny Rose-Johnson and Eric Dier-Smith are on standby in case the Utd rumours are true.

Whatever happens, he's served the club well & can be immensely proud of that. He shouldn't get any grief from us fans at all.

However, I am worried about getting in a replacement of his quality because he offers something entirely different to Trippier. And with a season at Wembley looming & CL football as well, we can't rely on Trippier alone. In fact, I think he will struggle defensively at Wembley because he ain't that quick. Well, not Walker quick anyway. It will be a very nervy pre season if he leaves, because his replacement simply has to hit the ground running as soon as he is needed.

About 99% of footballers don't give a shit about the fans. When a footballer talks about the fans, it's a bit of a worry.

I'm pretty sure most of our first team squad which are on social media have posted post season thankyou's to the fans.

Although I would agree the timing of this seems odd

Aleksandar Kolarov, 31, Contract until: 30.06.2018
Pablo Zabaleta, 32, Contract until: 30.06.2017
Gaël Clichy, 31, Contract until: 30.06.2017
Bacary Sagna, 34, Contract until: 30.06.2017

If he is going, he'd do well to acquaint himself with their fans beforehand.
Danny Rose and Kyle Walker

They don't exactly come across like people who know much about football, and seem to think everyone who doesn't play for them is talentless and thick.

If for some reason we let Walker go and join Man City, I might not mind if Rose just absolutely flattens him when he tries to speed pass just to teach him a lesson for leaving. :walkercry:

Terrible player. Out of my club.

Walker doesn't look too unhappy there...in fact he looks like he's having a good time with his team mates. Most unexpected of a player who is supposedly on his way...I'm just not convinced he's going anywhere. Seems a lot of smoke & mirrors, & if he was going, why send him on a pointless end of season trip half way around the world & risking a deal killing injury?

Back
Top Bottom