Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it clear though, he started every other game as he always had, we have seen what a proper fall out with Pochettino looks like when Townsend fell out with the fitness coach...he never kicked another ball for the first team, trained with the youngsters and was shipped out at the earliest opportunity...
No one can be sure unless somebody from the club says something or if one of Walker or Poch wrote a autobiography, but that have to be years from now.
We can only make some educated guess. You might be right but we cant expect one to make the exact reaction in every similar situation. Townsend seems to be disrespecting the coach which if you follow club's social media closely, has been like a family to him.
Also Walker is much more important in the team than Townsend ever was. You can see that they are still talking when Poch wants to subs Walker in. My guess is that they agree to just be professional until the season ends.

I recognize Tripps has been excellent lately, but it cant be that he could suddenly trumps Walker and plays ahead of him in every big matches.

Also, if the rumors are not true, why wouldnt he jump in and just said he is not looking to move? Poch did it, Harry did it, even Dele did it. He just signs new contract until 2021 right?

I watched him being the surprise young player under Redknapp. Watch him being stagnant, watch him being shit, and now finally i saw his final form, it is really sad for me seeing him looking disinterested in the Finale ceremony. I hope he does stays, many peculiar stuff has happened in football, but if i have to put my money, i think he will go.
Hopefully Bayen and Barca are serious about him too.

"Thanks to all the Spurs fans around the world"

While he is having a good old laugh in Hong Kong.
You know lads, when your missus says "cheers babe for fixing those shelves", I hope you don't hear:

"Dear TFC forum member. I love you so much, but things just don't seem to be working out any more. I've had such a great few years but I'm in love with someone else. You won't like it, but it's Bertie from up the road. I'm leaving you. I'm going to move in with Bertie, thanks for everything you did for me"

:walkercry:

You know lads, when your missus says "cheers babe for fixing those shelves", I hope you don't hear:

"Dear TFC forum member. I love you so much, but things just don't seem to be working out any more. I've had such a great few years but I'm in love with someone else. You won't like it, but it's Bertie from up the road. I'm leaving you. I'm going to move in with Bertie, thanks for everything you did for me"

Bertie? "She's only human afterall...."

Just did some morning Googling and some low-quality websites and newspapers seem to think he could be announced as a Man City player today, which seems a bit sudden what with him being involved in a LADS ON TOUR trip with Tottenham at the mo. I've accepted that he's going and I hold no grudges because he seems a nice guy who has served us well and very few players stay with a club forever, and it's a top opportunity to get fully wedged up while his stock is high. Gutting he's going to a direct rival, but out of the English team options (he doesn't seem to want to move abroad) Man City is probably the best one for us for him to end up because they're developing quite the track record for the players they poach never achieving the potential they showed at their previous team and could fill an entire other team with transfer failures. Even the Man City fans don't seem particularly excited by his arrival, the nouveau riche bastards!

Anyway, I would like to get this sorted soon. I don't want another summer of Bale to Real Madrid, although as a transfer it's one that captures the imagination about 5% as much as Gareth's. I think only Spurs fans really care about the whole saga that much.

Yup... Likewise, I accept we'll continue to lose a player here and there but it's merely the thought of strengthening a rival.

Effectively detracts value from whatever fee we get too.

I'll be gutted if we well him to a rival. Sorry, but that's exactly the sort of thing we used to do and everybody assumed we were past.

If you want to win the league, you don't sell one of the best players in the league in his position, to a direct rival. It would send all the wrong signals.

Well, no, but if you heard rumours your Mrs was going to leave you, and then one day she turns to you, out of the blue, and says:

"I just want to let you know that I'm grateful for all the good times we've had....."

:pochfacepalm:

It might sound like i'm being old Salty McBitterson but bare with me.....

Walker is one of those players that has seen a vast improvement in quality under Poch. For a large period of time PP (Pre-Pochettino) Walker was one of the go-to scapegoats and both he and Rose where prone to a good 2 or 3 match ending brain farts a season.

Ultimately, I don't think Walker will be anywhere near as effective under another manager. Even one with as good a track record as Pep. His positioning (in the past) had always been suspect but his pace afforded him that and his delivery is bang average for the most.

What he has now is a level of discipline that has been absolutely drilled into him, plus a number of positionally astute team mates including the best CB in the league (who also knows Walkers position well) and one of the best covering DM's. For evidence of Poch teams being greater than the sum of their parts see Schneiderlin, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, Lambert etc....

What im saying (badly i know) is that Walker flatters to deceive in our team and that his position is by no means irreplaceable.

If he played as a CB or as a Striker then fine, these are positions where it is difficult to find elite level players whose decision making ability wins or loses games - but attacking full / wing backs are fairly easy to come by nowadays because of the way the position is played. And if you cant find one, it's not difficult to convert one.

Ultimately, If Moses and Valencia can become two of the best full backs in the league then don't think it will be difficult to replace him and i also think that Man City think they are getting a much better player than they actually are.

I'll be gutted if we well him to a rival. Sorry, but that's exactly the sort of thing we used to do and everybody assumed we were past.

If you want to win the league, you don't sell one of the best players in the league in his position, to a direct rival. It would send all the wrong signals.

At the same time people have to realise that with or without us, City could go out and spend £50m on a right back anyway. At least this way we benefit too.

On top of that fullbacks who have been great under Poch have been so-so after him. Shaw has done nothing - alright, he's had bad injuries but even then he's been poor. Walker use to make 1 mistake a game before Poch.

It's not ideal, but we could use this to our advantage. We can get someone who isn't a million miles off Walker for £50 with cash to spare.

I think if we do sell Walker it's because we already have a replacement lined up.

It might sound like i'm being old Salty McBitterson but bare with me.....

Walker is one of those players that has seen a vast improvement in quality under Poch. For a large period of time PP (Pre-Pochettino) Walker was one of the go-to scapegoats and both he and Rose where prone to a good 2 or 3 match ending brain farts a season.

Ultimately, I don't think Walker will be anywhere near as effective under another manager. Even one with as good a track record as Pep. His positioning (in the past) had always been suspect but his pace afforded him that and his delivery is bang average for the most.

What he has now is a level of discipline that has been absolutely drilled into him, plus a number of positionally astute team mates including the best CB in the league (who also knows Walkers position well) and one of the best covering DM's. For evidence of Poch teams being greater than the sum of their parts see Schneiderlin, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, Lambert etc....

What im saying (badly i know) is that Walker flatters to deceive in our team and that his position is by no means irreplaceable.

If he played as a CB or as a Striker then fine, these are positions where it is difficult to find elite level players whose decision making ability wins or loses games - but attacking full / wing backs are fairly easy to come by nowadays because of the way the position is played. And if you cant find one, it's not difficult to convert one.

Ultimately, If Moses and Valencia can become two of the best full backs in the league then don't think it will be difficult to replace him and i also think that Man City think they are getting a much better player than they actually are.

Hah, Jinx. Both said same thing

Yup... Likewise, I accept we'll continue to lose a player here and there but it's merely the thought of strengthening a rival.

Effectively detracts value from whatever fee we get too.

I agree, i thought we stopped selling our players to Manchester clubs BUT City will need more than the defensive nous of Kyle Walker to sort out their car crash of a defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom