Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On Bluemoon:

Terms have been agreed with Walker, but think there's still a bit of haggling going on with Levy, as you'd expect. Think it's concerning add-ons.

They've also visited this forum:

went to see if the Spuds were slagging Walker off to see if it was true from their perspective, but tbh, didnt get past the name of their forum without peeing myself with laughter

Gotta say my concern is the message it sends out more than losing Walker.

He may well be at his peak. And what will he be if he starts to lose his pace? He ain't getting any faster at his age, it will only deteriorate.

But then, this isn't the same as with Bale or Modric in that our best player is holding out.

I'd have:

Kane
Dele
Erikson
Alderwierld
Rose
Son
Loris
Verts
Moose
Wanyama

All ahead of him, with Walker being in the next tier of players with Dier, Lamela etc.

So he's not even our 10th best player IMO.

He played today. If this was a "done deal" no way would City allow him to play in a pointless tournament.
Not saying he isn't going, but I doubt its a done deal.
There's no such thing. That's what makes these "ITKs" always so full of shit. They claim "done" to increase their own notoriety, but it's all bollocks. Nothing is done until contracts are signed and the player has all the permissions he needs from the FA, etc.

While these ITKs may have some inside knowledge, chances are it's not more than knowledge a deal is in motion. I wouldn't mind betting though that half the time they just say "done" hoping that it comes off, and then bask in the glory of having made a lucky guess.

Last edited:
There's no such thing. That's what makes these "ITKs" always so full of shit. They claim "done" to increase their own notoriety, but it's all bollocks. Nothing is done until contracts are signed and the player has all the permissions he needs from the FA, etc.

While this ITKs may have some inside knowledge, chances are it's not more than knowledge a deal is in motion. I wouldn't mind better though that half the time they just say "done" hoping that it comes off, and then bask in the glory of having made a lucky guess.

Wasn't there one very credible guy who called Willian 'done', then pretty much disappeared through ridicule when it didn't come off.

Wasn't there one very credible guy who called Willian 'done', then pretty much disappeared through ridicule when it didn't come off.
Probably. I forget the names of the old ITKs but I remember one respected one, who was rumoured to be involved in setting up player accommodation, who suddenly vanished into thin air. I think he was call Phantom of White Hart Lane or similar. Maybe he's the one who went into hiding?

I think a lot ITKs get good info on one deal,then dine out on it.
my favourite was a Spurs mates ,Woolwich supporting brother.He was a barristers clerk who played golf with a few football agents.
" Sol Campbell to Man u is a done deal mate"

He couldn't even get one right that involved his own club.

If you are in the loop enough to have knowledge, then you must have decent enough connections, and a decent enough job or position,

I have no idea why anyone who actually works at these levels feel the need to go home and try an earn themselves a reputation on forums among strangers. Oh he might be a journo..? How about run the story instead then.

There are no tea ladies and kit men overhearing things.......unless Levy is stomping around like that guy off Trigger Happy TV...."WHAAAAAT? CITY WANT KYLE YOU SAY? HOLD ON I CANT HEAR YOU"

I dont think so. These people know absolutely fuck all, backed up by the fact that nothing is EVER discussed BEFORE its in the papers, and nothing is ever confirmed until after, when you get "Yep, I knew that but didnt want to reveal it"

:dembelefingers:

If you are in the loop enough to have knowledge, then you must have decent enough connections, and a decent enough job or position,

I have no idea why anyone who actually works at these levels feel the need to go home and try an earn themselves a reputation on forums among strangers. Oh he might be a journo..? How about run the story instead then.

There are no tea ladies and kit men overhearing things.......unless Levy is stomping around like that guy off Trigger Happy TV...."WHAAAAAT? CITY WANT KYLE YOU SAY? HOLD ON I CANT HEAR YOU"

I dont think so. These people know absolutely fuck all, backed up by the fact that nothing is EVER discussed BEFORE its in the papers, and nothing is ever confirmed until after, when you get "Yep, I knew that but didnt want to reveal it"

:dembelefingers:

Well, I'm sure there was pretty solid evidence that Les would run his mouth off in his local over a pint, and I'm sure there was also credible stories of Tim Sherwood or his Mrs telling their plumber the ins and outs of everything.

Problem is, even if our side as solid, there's still two sides - and a club like City is bound to include plenty of loose lips, certainly based on the evidence that they rarely don't sign a player they are credibly linked to. Least I can't think of many. Probably because City don't give a fuck.

Let the first piece of that puzzle come from elsewhere IMO.
Just as much concerned about the message it sends as I am losing KW.
Absolutely right. Message being Same old Spurs. Selling club. Profit is King. Surely we are not going to sell a player who we've developed into the best right back in the league to a club that's finished 1 place below us the last 2 seasons, are we ?

Last edited:
I hope to fuck he stays

I'd really like him to stay too, it'll be sad if he went, he is quality, but I want him to stay more because I see him as a true Spurs player who gives a lot to the club rather than because losing him would make us a worse team. I feel we could replace him if we needed to. Rose is a level above, I still don't think other clubs realise how good Rose is. If we lost Rose I would be absolutely gutted, rather than sad with Walker.

I also feel like we are going to win a major trophy in the next two seasons, probably the title, and it would be such a shame for a player like Walker, who has been here a long time, to leave just at the wrong time and then miss out on being one of those legendary players. Sure, he'll win a trophy or two with City, perhaps even more in number, but they wouldn't be as significant or memorable, they wouldn't mean as much. He has contributed to our progression so I'd like him to get the reward too.

Back
Top Bottom