Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe talking about Kyle, maybe not

He's a grumpy sod sometimes (northern habits perhaps?) but Danny does seem switched on between the ears. Seem to recall another player saying that Rose will watch football constantly (foreign leagues etc). I love that our squad has a lot of intelligent guys who clearly respect one another. Would actually love to get a pint with those guys.

Some of the 'scenes' from Chelsea's dressing room post-winning-the-league that were shared on social media made them look like a loathsome bunch of wrong-uns.

If he's going, then hope it's sorted out quickly - hope this doesn't turn into a saga, like who shoved Ken Barlow down the stairs!

The longer it goes on though the more likely it is Levy the tight fisted barstard will have screwed them over for more cash

Levy: £110 million
City: how about £40 million
Levy: ok £109 million it is then
City: we can't do that
Levy: Bayern have just offered the asking price ;)
City: shit, how about £60 million
Levy: your breaking my balls
City: £65 million
Levy: 4.5 year deal with us , English, worlds best ever right back in all of history.
City: £70 million
Levy: fine, just so you know I am only doing this as a favour, it's because I like you so much your getting him cheap.

It's starting to feel like the players know he's off now... which only makes it more feasible that it will happen.

Sod it. :walker::roseunsure: (why Kyle... why?? I thought we had something!)

He's 9/2 to stay with us, and 1/8 to go.

Thought I'd pop a quid on him staying (returns 5.50) just because it doesn't seem quite so impossible

Based on his injuries, we already have the "who shoved Erik Lamela down the stairs" :lamelashock:

This transfer window feels like one big end of episode soap cliffhanger...

Funny how everything seems so uncertain, having up, until a week ago, been high on pure football for months.

I'm usually a lot more relaxed than this.

Kind of annoying if we have had players who want to leave to play regular CL football, so we improve to be regular top 4, and then they want to leave because we 'nearly' win things.

They forget that it is Poch's training and tactics that make them look good, Walker and Rose pre-Poch were a mess. Players like Lovern, Shaw, Clyne, Chambers nowhere near as effective as under Poch.

Just imagine what Sanchez and Hazard would do under Poch. Unfortunately money is a huge factor, in most cases the only factor, City and United finished below us but they have one thing more than we do, cash, lots of it.

They forget that it is Poch's training and tactics that make them look good, Walker and Rose pre-Poch were a mess. Players like Lovern, Shaw, Clyne, Chambers nowhere near as effective as under Poch.

Just imagine what Sanchez and Hazard would do under Poch. Unfortunately money is a huge factor, in most cases the only factor, City and United finished below us but they have one thing more than we do, cash, lots of it.

Careful mate in thinking Pochettino could make fine players like those 2 much better. The word hyperbole comes to mind.

You should note why Pochettino rarely chooses to buy proven players.

Last edited:

I don't think Sanchez and Hazard would have the motivation. They seem quite arrogant.

He has bought plenty of proven players in the past, but they don't have the work ethic or malleable nature that he demands.

Poch Players get in the team through effort. 'Star' players expect to get in the team regardless.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting he sells and doesn't buy "proven" players for some sort of vanity reason.

Careful mate in thinking Pochettino could makr fine players like those 2 much better. The word hyperbole comes to mind.

Poch has been at Saints and us, teams without much fire power money wise, at least in terms of big name signings. Give him a big budget and we will see but even older players like Dembele have improved so much since he came in.

Back
Top Bottom