Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alasdair Gold thinking KWP is pretty much done once Foyth comes back.

Don’t agree with this at all if that is how it will pan out. He has had some blunders, but who hasn’t. He has also won two MOTM awards and has shown he can get up the pitch and supply service into the box. Needs to get games and he should be getting them here, for the club he has been at since he was a young man.

Poch needs to take the shackles off him and let him play. Think he is much more sound defensively than Serge and will prove so with actual time on the pitch. He is not the reason we are leaking goals. That is midfield driven.

Don’t agree with this at all if that is how it will pan out. He has had some blunders, but who hasn’t. He has also won two MOTM awards and has shown he can get up the pitch and supply service into the box. Needs to get games and he should be getting them here, for the club he has been at since he was a young man.

Poch needs to take the shackles off him and let him play. Think he is much more sound defensively than Serge and will prove so with actual time on the pitch. He is not the reason we are leaking goals. That is midfield driven.
If Foyth has to play why not let him play as a CB, or try him as a DM, something that we desperately need?

TBH Neither Kyle or Serge have done bad enough to be automatically benched for a fuy with one summer tournament at FB.

I disagree.
He will be 23 in spring and he has played 800 minutes throughout his career in EPL.

And as the saying goes - if you are old enough, you are good enough. He does not seem to be.
I don't see him having bigger role than Kyle Naughton had behind Walker, sad to say but to me it seems like this.

Would be awesome if he could turn things around, but heck, if Poch prefers to play Sanchez over him, it shows something.

I disagree.
He will be 23 in spring and he has played 800 minutes throughout his career in EPL.

And as the saying goes - if you are old enough, you are good enough. He does not seem to be.
I don't see him having bigger role than Kyle Naughton had behind Walker, sad to say but to me it seems like this.

Would be awesome if he could turn things around, but heck, if Poch prefers to play Sanchez over him, it shows something.

Which says something about Poch cause KWP had better games at RB this year than Sanchez has in his two run outs.

Which says something about Poch cause KWP had better games at RB this year than Sanchez has in his two run outs.

Mm, come again with your evaluation :) ?

Did you watch the game? He was unable to go past League Two players... LEAGUE TWO! And did he put in a single successful cross?

Sorry, not good enough for our level. EPL bottom half - sure. Top 4 / trophies- nonono.

Mm, come again with your evaluation :) ?

Did you watch the game? He was unable to go past League Two players... LEAGUE TWO! And did he put in a single successful cross?

Sorry, not good enough for our level. EPL bottom half - sure. Top 4 / trophies- nonono.

Thought he played rather well actually. He put in some dangerous balls, though I would agree, he should have made more of many crosses he did perform. He had two key passes, but again his crossing was poor; ten chances and one successful attempt. Defensively he was barely challenged.

I am not tripping about this performance for KWP, its the rest of the lads that make me worried. He was the most dangerous weapon we had for a stretch there and again, he should have had a couple more dangerous balls, but people in general were not making aggressive runs in the box. That Eric Dier cross was a prime example. No one made the driving back post or front post run that you see Manchester City bursting to make.

If Foyth has to play why not let him play as a CB, or try him as a DM, something that we desperately need?

TBH Neither Kyle or Serge have done bad enough to be automatically benched for a fuy with one summer tournament at FB.

I'm not at all comfortable with this.

Let the fucker earn the spot like everyone else has had to....

Poch not playing him ahead of Auier or Sissoko at RB is shameful. KWP might not be as physically strong as them, but he's strong enough to do a better job than those two. I don't understand Pochs logic at all.

And people think Poch would have Alexander-Arnold playing like Klopp has him playing.

He’d be at home writing lines:

I must not sigh at Jesus
I must not sigh at Jesus
I must not sigh at Jesus
I must not sigh at Jesus
I must not sigh at Jesus

#asktownsend

Last edited:

An independent look at all the full backs in PL

No surprise that KWP is shown as above average in progression and below average in tackles and interceptions.

Rose is similar to KWP in progression but slightly better for making tackles and interceptions

Aurier is poorer than either in progression and makes more tackles and interceptiins

Worth looking at where Ricardo Pereira is - far better in progression and makes more tackles and interceptions . Aurier was signed in preference to Pereira despite them being both available for the same price in the same transfer window.

Worth noting that AWB is not as good on progression but makes lots of tackles and intrrceptions.

One player we seemed to make no move on was Robertson when Hull were relegated - maybe we felt we were ok at LB. But he's now possibly the best LB in the country and cost about £8m for Liverpool do easily within our price range. Big mistake not to make a move for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom