Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't get it. The boy has had some alright performances and some not so great but if that were reason for Poch not to play you then we'd not have a RB to choose from. He was given a new contract not too long ago if I'm not mistaken so what's changed that he's so bad he can't be picked ahead of Aurier or Sissoko or even Sanchez? Is he really that bad?

I really don't get it. The boy has had some alright performances and some not so great but if that were reason for Poch not to play you then we'd not have a RB to choose from. He was given a new contract not too long ago if I'm not mistaken so what's changed that he's so bad he can't be picked ahead of Aurier or Sissoko or even Sanchez? Is he really that bad?
Well, he is certainly not good enough for a top-four contender. Whether he is better / less worse than Aurier is an entirely different matter, we need to sort out the right-back position as soon as possible.

Well, he is certainly not good enough for a top-four contender. Whether he is better / less worse than Aurier is an entirely different matter, we need to sort out the right-back position as soon as possible.

Aurier, Sissoko and Sanchez aren't good enough at RB for a top-four contender but they've still all played there recently. KWP seems to be completely out of the fold? Doesn't make sense.

Aurier, Sissoko and Sanchez aren't good enough at RB for a top-four contender but they've still all played there recently. KWP seems to be completely out of the fold? Doesn't make sense.
None of those players can complain if they aren't playing, that's why we need to sort the position out as soon as possible.

I think this was part of what Poch was saying re him being a Coach and not a Manager. Levy extends contracts of players to keep their value up. Now AWP has an extended contract then he cannot be sold unless he wants to go. By the way Poch is treating him, I wonder if Poch wanted him to have a new contract. The old one would have made it easier to get rid of him but his transfer value would have been lower.

I think this was part of what Poch was saying re him being a Coach and not a Manager. Levy extends contracts of players to keep their value up. Now AWP has an extended contract then he cannot be sold unless he wants to go. By the way Poch is treating him, I wonder if Poch wanted him to have a new contract. The old one would have made it easier to get rid of him but his transfer value would have been lower.

To be honest, you're essentially talking about academy lads that have made pro debuts being allowed to leave on a free... When you consider the way the academy has financed itself thanks to the likes of Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Pritchard, Onomah (£50m right there!) etc. it's a progressive enough model for a manager with a rep for developing young talent to be able to get behind.

A couple of KWPs, Skipps or whoever in the ranks during senior training shouldn't be a great burden bear.

Let's face it if the new contract was a purely financially driven move then why have we not seen him punted about for sale before now... Like, let's say, Pritchard who had even less senior game time under his belt before being sold.

Whilst we had Trippier and Aurier in the ranks last year, if Poch wasn't motivated to ensure KPW got game time he should have been sent out on loan; if nothing else for shop window purposes at a slightly lower level.

Being left to rot does no-one any good; much like it won't Skipp if things don't change...

We should loan him and if we don't see any improvement, we should probably look into selling him. He didn't have too many opportunities, but he wasn't too convincing when he played.

If your him, do you leave in Jan?

Or wait to see if poch goes?

I offer him in a swap + ££ for Max Aarons. They ain't staying up, they clearly need the money with the lack of spending we saw this summer and Walker-Peters is as good a replacement they will ever find. Tell them we will accept a deal for KWP for a swap but I feel they say no, we won't be accepting their offer come the summer. Dangle something worth playing with and wish Kyle all the best with his career.

Is his future under Mourinho a non starter?

He appeared on the bench against West Ham following a 9 game absence from any squad role.

In the Premier League alone, he started the first 3 games, injured for the next 2, then 7 games not making the bench. I think Poch gave up on him following some poor performances against Newcastle and Colchester in particular.

Foyth and Rose were also on the bench, which plays to the idea he sees Foyth as a CB, and KWP as an alternative to Aurier in the higher wing back role we saw at the weekend.

New manager, fresh slate. I can see him getting a chance - and not taking it.

Reading the match thread v Bayern and the popular opinion of the lad is he’s not up to it surely getting a run of games getting experience and getting up to match speed would be needed first before being written off? Played against Bayern, last season v Barcelona Jesus whether or not these games were valid v Barcelona yes Bayern no in terms of something to play for you couldn’t blame him for overawed by the occasion.

Back
Top Bottom