Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally thought he wasn’t good at all today.

The offensive side of his game is severely lacking, I don’t know if that’s in part Moura’s fault as well but the right side of our attack was very frustrating and KWP couldn’t deliver the ball forwards.

Winks and kwp not up to it they are OK play nice pass or occasion a good flip but in the end must of the time the ball going back and we gain nothing .
Sisoko is so limit technicaly but when he move to rb suddenly we had another dimension something we where craving for in this game ..

Sorry for language*

Regardless of form, our right back of choice last season was Kieran Trippier.
We've sold him and replaced him with an understudy deemed not good enough before.
So we've gone into this season actually weaker in that position than last season!

How is this even acceptable for a so called top 4 team?

Regardless of form, our right back of choice last season was Kieran Trippier.
We've sold him and replaced him with an understudy deemed not good enough before.
So we've gone into this season actually weaker in that position than last season!

How is this even acceptable for a so called top 4 team?
Last season not deemed good enough, this season he is. It's not difficult to understand that players (especially young players) become better as seasons move on and they play more football.

I didn’t think he was that bad. He did make a couple errors with the ball, but he is playing with a host of players in front of him that don’t move. Offensively he clearly is being told to stay further back and not launch up the field. He made one positive run, which was offside, but to me this is a tactics thing.

Defensively I think he has been pretty sound. I think he will only get better, but the hamstring injury will derail any momentum he had going for him.

We need to stop blaming individuals for the offensive ineptitude. This is a Poch issue. He needs to make changes to how he deploys this team of technically gifted (outside sissoko) players.

I am not jealous, but I would love to see what Pep would do with our squad. Poch has regressed offensively and become far too risk adverse which hinders his players abilities to highlight their strengths.

KWP was highly rated going forward at youth levels and got 3 great assists in his first couple games. But there is clearly a leash on him now.

This is why Poch kept him on the bench behind a terrible Trippier last season. He always gets trampled over like today, weak as shit, can't do anything in our final third. I think Son attempted 10 touch and goes and he just passed it back. He is also 2 seconds behind in passing the ball. Sissoko was bombing down the wing and waited for his marker to catch up to Sissoko before passing the ball. Idiot.

He hardly played since the Barcelona game. He has realistically played 3 games.

You said players become better as they play more games.

Are you telling me that 3 games is what you mean by playing more times to get better?
The more he plays the better he will get.

He was MOTM a few times last season and clearly has talent. Don't be a dick.

This is why Poch kept him on the bench behind a terrible Trippier last season. He always gets trampled over like today, weak as shit, can't do anything in our final third. I think Son attempted 10 touch and goes and he just passed it back. He is also 2 seconds behind in passing the ball. Sissoko was bombing down the wing and waited for his marker to catch up to Sissoko before passing the ball. Idiot.
Trampled over?? Idiotic, did you watch the game? Clearly not.

He was possibly our best player before being taken off due to injury. Some of you haven't a fucking clue what you are watching! Not a clue!

He's still got a lot of work ahead, but he's been the one upside so far this season.... This injury is a bitch! Horrible timing. :(

Back
Top Bottom