Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't rate Winks at all - but his situation was different due to injuries

Since Christmas he's been flogged to death and is one of our most consistent players. Never let us down.

Not surprised he picked up an injury with the game time he's played. Contrast Dier - tonsilitis - really? For this length of time?

Aight, you clearly don't think he should be a regular starter for us, but what do you think is his level? Is it Leiceser? Palace? Or even lower?

Winks is more than capable of holding his own wearing our colours but for me he shouldn't be a player we fall back on starting week in week out.

I'd use him the same way Man U use Herrera. He's done a great job and the importance of him loving the club and being a fan cannot be disregarded but we should see his progress as a benefit to the club and a reason to enhance the squad quality, not fall back on him as the be all and end all of our midfield.

Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Wanyama & Skipp are all excellent squad midfielders. I genuinely think one top level central midfield signing changes so much of the complexion of the team

Aight, you clearly don't think he should be a regular starter for us, but what do you think is his level? Is it Leiceser? Palace? Or even lower?
I think he'll go on to have a Mason-like career - solid player who can put in a shift not excelling at any particular aspect and technically limited

I think he'll go on to have a Mason-like career - solid player who can put in a shift not excelling at any particular aspect and technically limited

Winks will stay at Spurs far, far longer than Mason etc did.

Name me a player who keeps things ticking, moves the ball as quickly, supports the club and can help with the HG issues we face that would make the squad better?

Should he be a first name on the team sheet type of player? The jury is still out butwhen you look at the midfield depth of other clubs Winks definitely holds his own as an integral squad member.

"For me, he is the perfect midfielder, who can play box-to-box and like a holding midfielder. He has the quality and the capacity to play and use the demand of the game and read it," said Pochettino.

"He's so clever, and we are so happy that he starts to feel better now because he provides to the team qualities that we don’t have. He is completely different to our other midfielders like Wanyama, Eric Dier, Mousa Dembele and Mousa Sissoko. He has the quality that can add to the team are completely different."

When asked whether Winks could be key to unlocking stubborn defences, especially at Wembley, Pochettino added: "Yes. He is one of the options we have in different games to use. And we celebrate that, because to have the possibility to have him on the team provides us with more quality and more options to play in a different way."

Some have compared Winks to his team-mate Christian Eriksen, but the Spurs boss does not see it.

“I think he’s different, it’s difficult to compare one with another. It’s bad to compare two players," he said. "I think both are so good and both fit perfectly for us. But in different aspects, they are different."

Yep, no future here.

He's literally devoid of any notable qualities at all. No pace, no defensive acumen, offered nothing going forward. He's just been hanging around for the last few years when he should have loaned or moved along to a lower league club.

He's literally devoid of any notable qualities at all. No pace, no defensive acumen, offered nothing going forward. He's just been hanging around for the last few years when he should have loaned or moved along to a lower league club.
Armstrong (LOL!) ran past him like he wasn't even there for the situation where he should have been off. Pretty bad considering KWP is a young fullback.

People want to believe he is a 18 yr old wonder boy ready to be unleashed by poch when the time is right. Total bollocks he is shite.

"he is shite" ?

When you were 21 how many times had you played for a PL club? Had you won an U20 World Cup for your country?

No thought not...

Bloke on the internet calls a PL footballer shite!?!
kopfpatsch.gif

"he is shite" ?

When you were 21 how many times had you played for a PL club? Had you won an U20 World Cup for your country?

No thought not...

Bloke on the internet calls a PL footballer shite!?!
kopfpatsch.gif
Sounds pretty personal mate. He seems like a nice bloke but he clearly isnt good enough at this level.

You know why he probably isn't ready?

Because he's barely been given any game time over the last few seasons and hasn't been sent out on loan to receive any. Think I saw a stat that says he's played more games for England U21s than he has for our first team ffs.

No wonder why youth players are wanting to leave us when they're treated like shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom