Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awful decision for the penalty but he should learn

Was very impressive, considering he's playing on the wrong side in what amounts to a 2nd/3rd string side

Shows a lot of promise, particularly strong mentally (as in Barca), doesn't hide and constantly offers himself even after monumental errors

Potential that needs to be realised now, he's 21 and needs to play

Young players need to be looked after by playing with experienced players. Today Foyth, Sanchez, Skipp were playing with him. Too many young players. That hand ball had nothing to do with who else was playing but next time he plays it must be with experienced players around him to give him confidence.

I refuse to blame him for playing out of position and trying.

If we play Rose and Eriksen we win that game due to 1) Having a left-back at left-back and 2) Not having a penalty taker at right-back

KWP looks ok, but without a left foot he should not play left back,
he needs to work on what he can't do, practice crossing & passing with his left foot

Really pissed off how this kid has been treated. I know I know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors, but it amazes me how few games he has gotten this year. He has made some mistakes, but he has also turned in some MOTM performances.

Will he be here next year? I really don’t think so and I think we have done him wrong if that is the case.

Really pissed off how this kid has been treated. I know I know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors, but it amazes me how few games he has gotten this year. He has made some mistakes, but he has also turned in some MOTM performances.

Will he be here next year? I really don’t think so and I think we have done him wrong if that is the case.
Poch is being cautious...
The fans are clinging onto KWP like he’s the answer to Trippier and Aurier.

Two bad games, and they will calling him shit. It’s good man management. He’s young, he’ll have his day.

People are desperate for a change at RB but that’s not the right situation to introduce him to.

Two bad games, and they will calling him shit. It’s good man management. He’s young, he’ll have his day.

People are desperate for a change at RB but that’s not the right situation to introduce him to.

He’s experienced enough to get the games. If Poch is protecting him from the fans than he is an idiot. I think the majority of Spurs fans agree that KWP has something in his locker that the others don’t. I think Poch disagrees.

Poch wants to win games and he is making decisions that he thinks will give them the best chance, thus we see Trippier and Aurier get the games. It’s clear KWP isn’t seen as starting material as you wouldn’t forego the better option in order to protect them.

KWP was ready to be back up Rb two seasons ago. We did not need to spend 45m on fees and wages for Aurier, who anybody who'd watched enough of him (which you would hope our scouts and Poch had) would know had issues and weaknesses to his game (as well as having well documented character issues outside the game) and two years down the line is barely any further down the development path than KWP. Imagine if KWP had had those two years of playing minutes?

I agree that fans would be on his back for making mistakes, we've already seen it with him "Not ready FFS" etc when he's made mistakes, but the job of a manager isn't wet himself about what fans think is it? If he did Trippier and Aurier wouldn't get games either.

If he was good enough he would have made a break through by now, it's not as though he's got Dani Alves in front of him, is it? I've never seen anything outstanding in him personally. He just seems to be hanging around not going anywhere. I'd send him to Villa on loan as part of the Grealish deal in the Summer.

We should go all out for Wan Bissaka in the summer. Here's an interesting video about him and it shows how young players get their chance, by really standing out in training, which KWP obviously hasn't done:

If he was good enough he would have made a break through by now, it's not as though he's got Dani Alves in front of him, is it? I've never seen anything outstanding in him personally. He just seems to be hanging around not going anywhere. I'd send him to Villa on loan as part of the Grealish deal in the Summer.

We should go all out for Wan Bissaka in the summer. Here's an interesting video about him and it shows how young players get their chance, by really standing out in training, which KWP obviously hasn't done:

Incredible to think that he only made his debut for Palace pretty much a year ago to the day against us. Nobody outside of Palace knew of him and he only came in due to an injury crisis at right back and look what he's done. Being touted as a £50m prospect now.

I like him but he'd have far less space to attack at a team like Tottenham. Would it be money well spent or is it too much of a risk for a team having to pinch their pennies? Also makes you wonder what £50m players we're yet to hear of at this moment in time that will be on people's lips.

He'll be 22 next month.

He's made a dozen appearances in 3 years getting several MOTM awards in these.

When do you think he should be starting then ?

Yeah. Let's spend £60,000,000 on a right back.

:pocheyes:

KWP is fine.

KWP really should have been given at 10 games across the 4 competitions we've competed in this year.

The Carabao Cup & FA Cup should have been his, along with league games at home against the likes of Cardiff, Bournemouth etc as well as the games where injuries played a part. You'd like to think that the first team would have been just as able integrating him into 4-5 league games this year but then again we have struggled so what do I know

KWP really should have been given at 10 games across the 4 competitions we've competed in this year.

The Carabao Cup & FA Cup should have been his, along with league games at home against the likes of Cardiff, Bournemouth etc as well as the games where injuries played a part. You'd like to think that the first team would have been just as able integrating him into 4-5 league games this year but then again we have struggled so what do I know

He's proven to be pretty useful whenever he plays.

Just hasn't had luck. Regardless of how well he trains, Poch isn't going to drop a £20,000,000 right back and someone who he trusts in Trippier for a youngster. He's NEVER done this in the past without a view to selling one.

Aurier or Trippier will leave in the summer. Massive opportunity for him. Let's not forget AWB only got games at Palace because of injuries. KWPs only games for us have in the league or CL have come due to injuries too. Problem is our level of right back is alot higher than that over at Palace.

Back
Top Bottom