Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a player I think could've/could use a loan, the potential is there but his lack of game time clearly shows. At the moment, he is not ready to start day in and out for us, so send him on loan to a mid-table PL and see how he performs.

He's a player I think could've/could use a loan, the potential is there but his lack of game time clearly shows. At the moment, he is not ready to start day in and out for us, so send him on loan to a mid-table PL and see how he performs.
Perhaps Leeds next season.

Perhaps Leeds next season.
Those are always iffy. Assuming Leeds get promoted next season, if they aren't a side that's going to be relegated during the half way point of the season then sure. If they're just going to be another Fulham, those loans tend to hurt players more than it helps them.

A PL mid-table side who is fighting relegation all year would be perfect for KWP.

Loan to Norwich perhaps.
No way he'd play for Norwich lol. Max Aarons is one of the best full backs in the Championship and he's only 18 and Lewis on the left is actually an incredible prospect at 20 as well.
Not to mention Felix Passlack from Dortmund.

Maybe he could play at like QPR but they still have Cameron and Furlong who are better than KWP right now.

He needs to be playing consistently, that's all.

How anyone can moan at a player who has BARELY any experience of top flight football is beyond me. If you do any moaning, blame Pochettino for mishandling his development and resting Aurier for no single reason.

He needs to be playing consistently, that's all.

How anyone can moan at a player who has BARELY any experience of top flight football is beyond me. If you do any moaning, blame Pochettino for mishandling his development and resting Aurier for no single reason.
He is 21 (22 in a month ffs). He should have been getting first team football for 1-2 years MINIMUM to be ready at this stage.

Reguilon at RM is also 21. Hakimi is just 20. I could go on.

Just because you get chances and play first team football doesn't mean there's a guarantee you're going to improve or reach the required level.
A club in our position can't afford to play someone like KWP who has no experience and who is has cost us points essentially every time he's played.

He might become good enough but he needs to prove himself on loan or something, not in the CL against Barcelona or vital games in the PL.

No way he'd play for Norwich lol. Max Aarons is one of the best full backs in the Championship and he's only 18 and Lewis on the left is actually an incredible prospect at 20 as well.
Not to mention Felix Passlack from Dortmund.

Maybe he could play at like QPR but they still have Cameron and Furlong who are better than KWP right now.

Ok thanks. Had no idea about the Norwich team, no wonder they are doing so well.

I wouldn't be adverse to him going to a championship team next season however, like Totti Totti says he has to go out on loan somewhere.

Ok thanks. Had no idea about the Norwich team, no wonder they are doing so well.

I wouldn't be adverse to him going to a championship team next season however, like Totti Totti says he has to go out on loan somewhere.
Yes I agree, but I just don't think he's good enough for Norwich or honestly any of the top teams. Perhaps Villa could use him but I'm afraid we'll sell either Trips or Aurier and let him become 2nd choice in the 19/20 season.

Scary stuff tbh.

Yes I agree, but I just don't think he's good enough for Norwich or honestly any of the top teams. Perhaps Villa could use him but I'm afraid we'll sell either Trips or Aurier and let him become 2nd choice in the 19/20 season.

Scary stuff tbh.

He did have 2 or was it 3 MOTM performance in a row this season, certainly most assists in the games I'm thinking of. All is not lost for him. He needs game time but in a 'lower' team.

He is 21 (22 in a month ffs). He should have been getting first team football for 1-2 years MINIMUM to be ready at this stage.

Reguilon at RM is also 21. Hakimi is just 20. I could go on.

Just because you get chances and play first team football doesn't mean there's a guarantee you're going to improve or reach the required level.
A club in our position can't afford to play someone like KWP who has no experience and who is has cost us points essentially every time he's played.

He might become good enough but he needs to prove himself on loan or something, not in the CL against Barcelona or vital games in the PL.

Then that's on Pochettino.

Nothing to do with KWP - every time he's played well for us, he's then sidelined for weeks upon weeks upon weeks only to then be expected to fill in when Pochettino decides he wants to play him again, or shoved out at left back just because he happened to play left back when an England youth team won a World Cup.

MOTM on his debut against Newcastle? Never mind, we'll sign another right back for £20,000,000 and you won't start another game at right back until 37 league games later on the final day of the season, where you get MOTM again for getting 2 assists.

Thanks Poch. When can I next start at right back? Don't worry KWP, you'll next start a league game at right back 7 months later in December against Bournemouth. 3 assists. Hopefully he can get a run in the time now off the back of making that position his own. Nope. Won't get another league start until 11 games later, which was today.

How can anyone expect him to be ready or match fit when he's been given FOUR starts in a season and a half. Did he have a good game today? Not by any stretch of the imagination, he wasn't at fault for the first goal and if JWP doesn't score a 1 in 10 free kick chance, he's not necessarily at fault for the second either. But I am not going to write a player off when his own manager has handled his development poorly (Like he has with many of our most promising youngsters).

Then that's on Pochettino.

Nothing to do with KWP - every time he's played well for us, he's then sidelined for weeks upon weeks upon weeks only to then be expected to fill in when Pochettino decides he wants to play him again, or shoved out at left back just because he happened to play left back when an England youth team won a World Cup.

MOTM on his debut against Newcastle? Never mind, we'll sign another right back for £20,000,000 and you won't start another game at right back until 37 league games later on the final day of the season, where you get MOTM again for getting 2 assists.

Thanks Poch. When can I next start at right back? Don't worry KWP, you'll next start a league game at right back 7 months later in December against Bournemouth. 3 assists. Hopefully he can get a run in the time now off the back of making that position his own. Nope. Won't get another league start until 11 games later, which was today.

How can anyone expect him to be ready or match fit when he's been given FOUR starts in a season and a half. Did he have a good game today? Not by any stretch of the imagination, he wasn't at fault for the first goal and if JWP doesn't score a 1 in 10 free kick chance, he's not necessarily at fault for the second either. But I am not going to write a player off when his own manager has handled his development poorly (Like he has with many of our most promising youngsters).
I am not blaming KWP. I am blaming Poch for playing him. But that doesn't automatically mean he'd be good enough if he was playing consistently. Imo there's really nothing that has suggested he is good enough to play CL/PL football.

I am not blaming KWP. I am blaming Poch for playing him. But that doesn't automatically mean he'd be good enough if he was playing consistently. Imo there's really nothing that has suggested he is good enough to play CL/PL football.

There was absolutely nothing to suggest Kane was good enough to play CL or PL football before he was given over 50 appearances of first team football.

Wan-Bisska is 21 years old. There was nothing to suggest he was capable of playing PL football before Palace gave him a chance. He wasn't even getting called up for England youth teams, because KWP was higher rated...

He got given a chance at Palace due to injuries, played well and even though players got back to fitness, KEPT his place because of his performances. Unfortunately, we have a manager who doesn't believe in that method.

Honestly, I almost wish all of our better youth players leave for the sake of their own careers at this point. KWP is 21 years old and is wasting his career at this club because he isn't getting chances. Roles will leave in the summer. Wouldn't surprise me if Onomah and Edwards move on. Bennetts and Griffiths left last season. Won't be long until Parrott leaves no doubt, I mean he's never getting in the team ahead of Kane so why bother?

Again, we've spent £20,000,000 on a right back (who I rated upon signing), but at the expense of ruining a young players development. It's the same argument others make regarding Marcus Edwards. Signing Nkoudou for £11,000,000 when we could have just gave Edwards the exact same game-time (which in turn was very little anyway) etc.

And it'll probably happen again with Skipp. We'll reinforce our midfield in the summer. Skipp will be in and around first team training but probably won't play a lick of football next year because he's now deemed first team so won't play U23 football yet won't play a single game for the first team because our midfield depth would have gotten stronger and he'll spend the next few years doing fuck all but kicking ball with first team players in training.

Rinse. Repeat.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen anything of the match yet but the only question is
Did KWP perform anywhere near the level we have had to put up with from Trip and Aurier this season. If so then he is worth his place.

Haven’t seen anything of the match yet but the only question is
Did KWP perform anywhere near the level we have had to put up with from Trip and Aurier this season. If so then he is worth his place.

Wasn't his greatest performance but defensively was probably our 3rd worst player behind Rose and Sanchez.

Made more tackles than any other player on the pitch (4) and no other player completed more dribbles than him (5). He made the foul which lead to the Southampton winner (and on another day may have been sent off for it).

Shame that he probably now won't get another start this season unless Aurier and Trippier are both in a coma. He desperately needs a loan to leave for the better of his career so his development can stop being wasted.

There was absolutely nothing to suggest Kane was good enough to play CL or PL football before he was given over 50 appearances of first team football.

Wan-Bisska is 21 years old. There was nothing to suggest he was capable of playing PL football before Palace gave him a chance. He wasn't even getting called up for England youth teams, because KWP was higher rated...

He got given a chance at Palace due to injuries, played well and even though players got back to fitness, KEPT his place because of his performances. Unfortunately, we have a manager who doesn't believe in that method.

Honestly, I almost wish all of our better youth players leave for the sake of their own careers at this point. KWP is 21 years old and is wasting his career at this club because he isn't getting chances. Roles will leave in the summer. Wouldn't surprise me if Onomah and Edwards move on. Bennetts and Griffiths left last season. Won't be long until Parrott leaves no doubt, I mean he's never getting in the team ahead of Kane so why bother?

Again, we've spent £20,000,000 on a right back (who I rated upon signing), but at the expense of ruining a young players development. It's the same argument others make regarding Marcus Edwards. Signing Nkoudou for £11,000,000 when we could have just gave Edwards the exact same game-time (which in turn was very little anyway) etc.

And it'll probably happen again with Skipp. We'll reinforce our midfield in the summer. Skipp will be in and around first team training but probably won't play a lick of football next year because he's now deemed first team so won't play U23 football yet won't play a single game for the first team because our midfield depth would have gotten stronger and he'll spend the next few years doing fuck all but kicking ball with first team players in training.

Rinse. Repeat.
Using that Kane logic is so silly though. Kane is like the one exception that proves the rule mate.

Just because Kane happened to make one of the most insane and unlikely steps ever from going to poorly rated, destined-for-league 1 players to top of the chain doesn't mean KWP can.

Using this logic we can just keep playing Skipp, Edwards et al instead of buying any more players! I mean Kane managed to become the best despite looking like shit early on! Gotta keep trying! They just need playing time!

Bennets, Griffiths, Onomah and Edwards should move on because none of them have showed the required potential to ever make it here.

Using that Kane logic is so silly though. Kane is like the one exception that proves the rule mate.

Just because Kane happened to make one of the most insane and unlikely steps ever from going to poorly rated, destined-for-league 1 players to top of the chain doesn't mean KWP can.

Using this logic we can just keep playing Skipp, Edwards et al instead of buying any more players! I mean Kane managed to become the best despite looking like shit early on! Gotta keep trying! They just need playing time!

Bennets, Griffiths, Onomah and Edwards should move on because none of them have showed the required potential to ever make it here.

I know you play a lot of FM, going off your Josh Tymon request (fucking lol at that) - but you should probably watch a few youth games.

You'd be surprised how talented our youngsters actually are. It's a shame they won't really be given a chance to develop beyond the U18 stage though considering we've done such a horrible job of it under Poch.

KWP wasn't even that bad today, certainly no worse than we've seen from all of our other right backs this season - the reaction towards his performance has been blown way out of proportion considering there were two other players in that back four who were worse than him. In fact, KWP was pretty much the ONLY defender... defending.

We're Spurs. I thought we backed our team, especially one of our own. The whole things odd. People saying he's not good enough despite getting his cock blown after the 3 assists and a cleansheet against Bournemouth (a BETTER team than Southampton). Probably the same people who said Skipp will never make it after the Leicester game.. in which we won 3-1.

Last edited:
I know you play a lot of FM, going off your Josh Tymon request (fucking lol at that) - but you should probably watch a few youth games.

You'd be surprised how talented our youngsters actually are. It's a shame they won't really be given a chance to develop beyond the U18 stage though considering we've done such a horrible job of it under Poch.
I was joking with Tymon and Smith mate. I meant it as an obvious downgrade from Wan Bissaka/Chilwell.

I know our youngsters are talented, but all u23 players are these days. The fact that they're talented says nothing about whether or not they're going to make it here.

How many of them actually make it? Extremely few. Give them chances to prove themselves - sure. But don't keep playing them when they're doing poorly in some desperate hope they might become Kane mach 2, because 999/1000, that's not what's going to happen.

They should be given chances in cup games, through loans or as emergency subs, not be relied upon as key starters or rotational option before they're ready, that simply assures that they'll fail due to pressure or that we'll lose points.

Back
Top Bottom