Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was joking with Tymon and Smith mate. I meant it as an obvious downgrade from Wan Bissaka/Chilwell.

I know our youngsters are talented, but all u23 players are these days. The fact that they're talented says nothing about whether or not they're going to make it here.

How many of them actually make it? Extremely few. Give them chances to prove themselves - sure. But don't keep playing them when they're doing poorly in some desperate hope they might become Kane mach 2, because 999/1000, that's not what's going to happen.

They should be given chances in cup games, through loans or as emergency subs, not be relied upon as key starters or rotational option before they're ready, that simply assures that they'll fail due to pressure or that we'll lose points.

You're not wrong.

He SHOULD have been given chances in cup games. He wasn't and if he was, it was mostly out of position. Again, that's ALL on Pochettino. If Poch doesn't feel he's ready then he should be sent out on loan. If Poch feels he ISNT good enough, then he WOULD have gone out on loan (CCV, Onomah etc).

You're not wrong.

He SHOULD have been given chances in cup games. He wasn't and if he was, it was mostly out of position. Again, that's ALL on Pochettino. If Poch doesn't feel he's ready then he should be sent out on loan. If Poch feels he ISNT good enough, then he WOULD have gone out on loan (CCV, Onomah etc).
Well anyway we can all agree the youth is being mishandled at some level.

I just don't know how some (Alli, Kane, Winks) can be integrated seamlessly, while the others are so poorly handled and lose both development time and value.

I just don't know how some (Alli, Kane, Winks) can be integrated seamlessly, while the others are so poorly handled and lose both development time and value.

Kane was already in the first team squad before Pochettino got here and even then, Poch preferred Adebayor and/or Soldado over him until Kane forced his hand by scoring goals whenever he started.

Perhaps Poch finds it easier to integrate midfielders into his team? No idea why. Onomah, Winks and Skipp though over the last 5 seasons have been given minutes off the bench as 18 year olds and gradually integrated into starting games. Obviously that changed with Onomah and he's eventually been loaned out (Though that is apparently more down to his attitude than ability).

Not often you see young full backs or defenders subbed on in games for development like you would for young midfielders or even strikers, I suppose. So really the only chance KWP has is being trusted in cup games or league games.

Aarons is a far better full back than KWP is, and hes playing every week. Out of all the players weve been linked with id throw the money at him. Looks like hes been playing professional football for years

Isn’t that the point Totti Totti is making? He has been getting the run to show and improve his qualities? Have you watched every norwich game since he has started his career? Has he had errorless games since day 1?

For me he has all the qualities, just been mismanaged. You can see that with every wrong foot he gets in his head because he feels he has to be perfect. Tripp’s has had more mistakes and has never been yanked. It’s a shame because he is one of our own and has been treated like shit.

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, but I thought he was a lot faster than that. He couldn't keep up with his man on a couple of occasions. I thought he was supposed to be a speed demon?

KWP should have been loaned out to a championship side. He's been training with the first team but plays too o frequently. Would have been better off spending longer in the u23s and playing regularly at that level before being promoted. His lack of game time really shows.

It took Pochettino three years to integrate Winks, while we watched Dier and Sissoko play hot potato ping pong.

And that was more than Onomah got.

KWP has had about 8 starts in three years, while Poch teaches Aurier how to take throw-ins.

If he’d just had the bollocks to give KWP that time, instead of reaching for the cheque book, we might have at least one fully formed RB by now.

My guess is they just aren’t good enough. Poch sees them every day in practice. He must not be seeing what he wants

The thing with players like KWP and Onomah is that they're English and home grown and every clubs needs X amount of those so the club holds on to them, gives them new contracts, finds some game time or loans them out in the hope they appreciate in value and they get decent transfer fees for them, but sometimes it's a case of flogging a dead horse, which is what's it's turning into with KWP. He may have looked decent playing against kids in youth teams but against top level professional adults he looks like a fish out of water. If I had to bet at what level of football he ends up at I'd say League 1. I've seen enough personally and would be dissapointed if he started again for us.

Back
Top Bottom